ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4 

Post#1041 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat May 14, 2022 6:22 am

I agree we we win the ship we won't make DRASTIC changes, but 'ill bet make moves either ways.

Pat learned his lesson from 06-07 season.

We're winning ATM, but I see things we need to get better at every game still. We're not an epic juggernaut type of team, we're the opposite - the less talented team that somehow pulls out the wins with teamwork and grit.

Adding the right type of talent at right positions can be huge for us going forward - and we have the tools and targets to do it.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,114

Post#1042 » by MorbidHEAT » Sat May 14, 2022 6:41 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I just watched 2 hours of first take and they didn’t discuss the Heat a single time lmao! All they talked about was hardens contract and if Doc would be better off with the a lakers than Philly

No cap...I scoured youtube for Heat videos. The only one I could find that actually talked about the Heat was like a 4 minute conversation on Around The Horn.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#1043 » by harlem_ball » Sat May 14, 2022 6:44 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:I agree we we win the ship we won't make DRASTIC changes, but 'ill bet make moves either ways.

Pat learned his lesson from 06-07 season.

We're winning ATM, but I see things we need to get better at every game still. We're not an epic juggernaut type of team, we're the opposite - the less talented team that somehow pulls out the wins with teamwork and grit.

Adding the right type of talent at right positions can be huge for us going forward - and we have the tools and targets to do it.

Maybe we can be like the Ben Wallace Pistons, just add a Rasheed Wallace type... They could have had Carmelo though...
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1044 » by harlem_ball » Sat May 14, 2022 7:43 am

oreon wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:If we win a title no one's getting traded, right?

Chemistry trumps individual whales, right?

Yeah pretty much except for Duncan. If you win a ring you owe it to the players to let them defend their title.

Strus beat him out fair n square. Duncan had all the chances.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,862

Post#1045 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 14, 2022 6:45 pm

puppa bear wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
shanedude wrote:
Both of you ruin the reading experience for the rest of us. No one cares.

Well he called me out this time and i responded. Sorry you are upset. You can put us on ignore if our speech perturbs your sensibilities.

I wouldn’t want to ignore either of you, because when you’re not on a mission to either troll each other or prove each other wrong there can be some great contributions. It’s when the back & forth starts and you both pointlessly antagonise and posture that it makes the reading experience of a generally awesome forum annoying.

Keep posting the good stuff, engage in conversations & debates with civility, and resist the temptation to antagonise each other.

Spoiler:
As feedback, the way I see it: the first post was fine, the quote of it in response was fine, but the next post was the step where it starts to devolve. Which, I think, is why BFRESH stepped in to try to chill it - great move fresh!

Sorry brother, I had to get a jab in after I’ve been getting gang banged all season defending against people who don’t understand the game outside of PPG. It’s just all in good fun now and I’m not even entertaining the back and forth anymore as everything I’ve been defending all season is literally being proven on the court right now. I just sit back and laugh at this point.

I try to contribute as much as a I can, post news, stats, etc. all the time. I just have a hard time looking the other way when I see blatant ignorance when I’m scrolling and feel the need to correct it but I’ll work on that
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,862

Post#1046 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 14, 2022 6:49 pm

As for an Embiid trade, maybe we’d try it if we don’t win it all but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

And not to talk too much about trades in the middle of this great run, ironic as it may be, Philly may be a great trade partner for us as a 3rd team if we decide to move on from Duncan. Danny green will miss all of next season (honestly his career is probably over) and I believe he’s on a $10M no guaranteed deal next season. Let’s say we revisit trading for Wood on the Rockets, ship out Duncan Yurt and a 1st, have Philly and Houston exchange a pick or 2, we bring in Wood and Green then release green to clear some cap space to help with the Dipo signing.
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,729

Post#1047 » by AirP. » Sat May 14, 2022 6:49 pm

Zach Harper is one of the few national media members who does talk about Miami and explains why other national media members don't talk about Miami that much. To me he's the most entertaining NBA podcaster out there.
Read on Twitter
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1048 » by harlem_ball » Sat May 14, 2022 7:15 pm

We're going to the finals, fockers!

There's no way we lose w home court and rest. Too much parity in the league.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,967

Post#1049 » by eddieheatfan » Sat May 14, 2022 8:30 pm

harlem_ball wrote:We're going to the finals, fockers!

There's no way we lose w home court and rest. Too much parity in the league.

Return to Miami Heat