ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4 

Post#1 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:59 am

Nets just lost to the Hornets by 9. Just a reminder that the Nets aren't as good as we made them look.

Box score below:

Spoiler:
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4 

Post#2 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:04 am

somerandomdude wrote:Nets just lost to the Hornets by 9. And they were statistically better than they were against us, except for Seth Curry.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360939

And the first thing I notice is the hornets outrebounded the nets even with Drummond having 17 rebounds….
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#3 » by harlem_ball » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:46 am

somerandomdude wrote:Nets just lost to the Hornets by 9. Just a reminder that the Nets aren't as good as we made them look.

Box score below:

Spoiler:

Nets have been struggling defensively and Kyrie has been inconsistent. They are pining for a Simmons return.
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#4 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:56 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:Nets just lost to the Hornets by 9. And they were statistically better than they were against us, except for Seth Curry.

And the first thing I notice is the hornets outrebounded the nets even with Drummond having 17 rebounds….
Yup.

Other things I noticed:

* Nets shot poorly from 3pt range. I think they win if they shoot better than 20%.
* Hornets only had 11 TOVs but gave up 24pts on them. (We had 21 TOVs and gave up 40pts)

It seems that Points Off Turnovers are very critical for the Nets. A team that can take care of the ball, and get back on D in time when they do turn it over, will make their lives miserable.
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Post#5 » by Heat_Down_Under » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:03 am

somerandomdude wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:

Yup.

Other things I noticed:

* Nets shot poorly from 3pt range. I think they win if they shoot better than 20%.
* Hornets only had 11 TOVs but gave up 24pts on them. (We had 21 TOVs and gave up 40pts)

It seems that Points Off Turnovers are very critical for the Nets. A team that can take care of the ball, and get back on D in time when they do turn it over, will make their lives miserable.

Or maybe we just give the nets benefit of the doubt and say it was a back to back game
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#6 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:25 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
Yup.

Other things I noticed:

Or maybe we just give the nets benefit of the doubt and say it was a back to back game
I'd be fine with that if they weren't so hyped up.

If they were as good as people make them out to be, I think they should've beaten the 8th place Hornets even on a B2B.

And remember, they just got Kyrie back for all their games and are pretty jacked up about it. They're trying to build chemistry and finish the season strong heading into the playoffs, so they're trying to win games. Beating the Hornets counts as a full game in the standings, as well.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,830

Post#7 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:28 am

Jimmy locked Kyrie up the other night, No one outside of Strus did **** offensively though
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,713

Post#8 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:No. This team is built around Bam both offensively and defensively, it's exactly the reason why Miami is playing small ball. The only move I can see that may have had Butler in mind was Lowry who is the incredible prize of the 2021 plan that stopped Miami from adding to the roster or even keeping the roster at the same level after getting to the finals. I really don't believe Butler was good letting Crowder go and bring in Ariza. Luckily when Dragic was available for the minimum this season... oh yeah, they didn't do that either. Could have kept Nunn who wasn't that much for depth who was at least proven but... Herro's growth, not exactly sounding like building around Butler there either.

Nunn hasnt played a single minute of basketball this year. Keep him for what?

Whatever happened to him after the Heat decided to just let him walk for nothing doesn't matter in this context, the decision was already made. They made sure to keep Bam's DHO partner vs adding a more dynamic shooter like Herro or another solid 3pt shooter in Strus to replace him in the starting lineup. If Robinson did something other then just shoot 3s maybe I be more hesitant to not bring him back but that wasn't the case.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#9 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Jimmy locked Kyrie up the other night, No one outside of Strus did **** offensively though

There was a lot of bad decisions made off ball in Miami's offense that really screwed the offense. It's those off ball actions that had powered the offense.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#10 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:53 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Jimmy locked Kyrie up the other night, No one outside of Strus did **** offensively though

There was a lot of bad decisions made off ball in Miami's offense that really screwed the offense. It's those off ball actions that had powered the offense.

Well we got a scrub team tonight to play against and a pretty weak schedule to close the season so hopefully they figure it out. My impression right now is it’s a lost season, crumbled at the wrong time, big moves will be made this summer.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#11 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:54 pm

Robert Williams torn meniscus, out for the season.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#12 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:05 pm

We’ll I guess technically he could play, he’s out indefinitely but he definitely won’t be himself.
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#13 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:33 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Well we got a scrub team tonight to play against and a pretty weak schedule to close the season so hopefully they figure it out. My impression right now is it’s a lost season, crumbled at the wrong time, big moves will be made this summer.

It's only a lost season if this team continues to not run the plays or reads correctly, this team doesn't have elite scoring talent to hide those mistakes.

It's weird to me how this team all of a sudden doesn't seem to be on the same page for plays. Sure here and there someone will screw up a play but it's happening a lot. Unless Spoelstra has changed how to call the plays and not everyone is on board with that, something mentally has to be hitting multiple players on the team at this time. Maybe Lowry's excuse is his off court issues he's been dealing with, it could be that simple for him. What I saw from Martin that got him pulled I just don't know how to explain that since he's been a high effort guys so to just stand around instead of being where you're suppose to be for the play seems out of nature for him.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#14 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:39 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:There was a lot of bad decisions made off ball in Miami's offense that really screwed the offense. It's those off ball actions that had powered the offense.

It's only a lost season if this team continues to not run the plays or reads correctly, this team doesn't have elite scoring talent to hide those mistakes.

It's weird to me how this team all of a sudden doesn't seem to be on the same page for plays. Sure here and there someone will screw up a play but it's happening a lot. Unless Spoelstra has changed how to call the plays and not everyone is on board with that, something mentally has to be hitting multiple players on the team at this time. Maybe Lowry's excuse is his off court issues he's been dealing with, it could be that simple for him. What I saw from Martin that got him pulled I just don't know how to explain that since he's been a high effort guys so to just stand around instead of being where you're suppose to be for the play seems out of nature for him.

Yea I just don’t remember a Heat team folding like this in March but then again March was always Wades month so maybe that has something to do with it.

It’s just wild to me that we got the 1st seed, built like a 3-4 game lead with us favored in multiple tie breakers and we just completely fell apart from that point. Like what the hell happens right there to just throw everything away? We’re not just losing games either, we’re getting straight punked and embarrassed
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#15 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:42 pm

Jimmy is pissing me off lately too. Him and his trainer are always bragging about being up at 4 in the gym. Wtf are you working on because it for damn sure isn’t his jumper?! This guy came to Miami and had the best seasons of his career while also forgetting how tf to shoot. Like how does that happen?
#FreeBam
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#16 » by somerandomdude » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:52 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Jimmy is pissing me off lately too. Him and his trainer are always bragging about being up at 4 in the gym. Wtf are you working on because it for damn sure isn’t his jumper?! This guy came to Miami and had the best seasons of his career while also forgetting how tf to shoot. Like how does that happen?

Ever since he returned from a wrist injury in Philly, his 3PT % has been awful.

While that is irrefutable, the weird thing is that he's not a terrible mid-range shooter.

With that said, the biggest thing with Jimmy, IMO, is that he doesn't take care of his body.

Pure speculation, but did that wrist injury require surgery and he put it off?

What's not speculation is how he doesn't tape up his ankles or wear an ankle brace despite all the ankle injuries he's suffered.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#17 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:09 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Jimmy is pissing me off lately too. Him and his trainer are always bragging about being up at 4 in the gym. Wtf are you working on because it for damn sure isn’t his jumper?! This guy came to Miami and had the best seasons of his career while also forgetting how tf to shoot. Like how does that happen?

While that is irrefutable, the weird thing is that he's not a terrible mid-range shooter.

With that said, the biggest thing with Jimmy, IMO, is that he doesn't take care of his body.

What's not speculation is how he doesn't tape up his ankles or wear an ankle brace despite all the ankle injuries he's suffered.

Yea that’s a good point, he did not and still to this day has not gotten the wrist surgery he needs to get. Why he hasn’t done that is beyond me.

Mid range is still solid I guess but not near what we need it to be. Also funny he’s shooting a career high in free throw %.

Yea this guy either needs to tape his ankles up or cancel his contract with li-Ning lol those shoes are garbage and he never had sprained ankles before them.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#18 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:10 pm

Oh I see you were asking a question there. Yes the wrist injury did and still does require surgery. Idk what the hell he’s doing.
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#19 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:20 pm

somerandomdude wrote:

Doesn't take care of his body? Since early in his NBA career he's taken care of his body but there are some parts of your body you can't really do much for, the wrists, the ankles, knee, sure you can strengthen those areas but the rough style Butler plays, he's going to end up tweaking his ankle, knee, wrist... This is where him working on his 3 ball comes back into play to limit the amount of times he could tweak his ankle by taking an open catch and shoot shot instead of a head fake and then driving into the lane while looking for contact. What makes Butler good also makes Butler more susceptible to injuries.

If Butler had a wrist injury that has caused him issues and require surgery to fix he would have gotten it done by now. Also, with how much money Miami is paying him, they would have had him do any surgery to "fix" a potential issue. It seems like a reckless use of money to hand Butler that extension without having him fix a problematic wrist.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#20 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:22 pm

AirP. wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:

Doesn't take care of his body? Since early in his NBA career he's taken care of his body but there are some parts of your body you can't really do much for, the wrists, the ankles, knee, sure you can strengthen those areas but the rough style Butler plays, he's going to end up tweaking his ankle, knee, wrist... This is where him working on his 3 ball comes back into play to limit the amount of times he could tweak his ankle by taking an open catch and shoot shot instead of a head fake and then driving into the lane while looking for contact. What makes Butler good also makes Butler more susceptible to injuries.

If Butler had a wrist injury that has caused him issues and require surgery to fix he would have gotten it done by now. Also, with how much money Miami is paying him, they would have had him do any surgery to "fix" a potential issue.

I can promise you he needed wrist surgery and didn’t get it done.
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat