ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,512

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4 

Post#1001 » by AirP. » Fri May 13, 2022 3:45 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Thank goodness for him. He's brought credibility and structure to the organization.

Would love to see this team get him another ring. From the Dion Waiters led going nowhere teams to championship contenders. They were counted out by almost everyone.

I'm a lucky sports fan. I became a Heat fan because I was a player fan of Alonzo. Little did I know Miami would turn out to be one of the NBA's model franchises.

Unless your franchise has a player who could be a historically great player, the most important thing for a NBA franchise is the ultimate decision maker for the franchise. To have both a consistent vision and decision making is VITAL for a franchise all the way from the players to coaching staff to the FO. Myself I've pointed out some things I think Riley has done wrong since Butler showed up for example not trading for CP3 for below his value and valuing 2021 space so much he didn't strengthen the roster as much as he could have the last 3 years but he's created an incredible environment for this franchise, has had consistent decision making and has believed in and empowered the people in this organization. Nobody is perfect but if you keep dramatically changing directions you're never really going to get to where you need to be... unless you have a historically great player.

I get some people hate having an undersized center but instead of making a dramatic change(and moving Bam to PF would be a dramatic change for this team) they've continued working on making their vision of Bam at the 5 work with both play style and personnel. Moving Bam to the 5 would set this franchise back 1-3 years because of having to acquire the right types of role-players and altering the way they play defense to the level they need to be a contender.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#1002 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Fri May 13, 2022 4:33 pm

Lmfao

Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,532

Post#1003 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm

I just watched 2 hours of first take and they didn’t discuss the Heat a single time lmao! All they talked about was hardens contract and if Doc would be better off with the a lakers than Philly
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,532

Post#1004 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Jimmy at the 4 has actually unlocked quite of bit for us and we’re running teams off the court.
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#1005 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 13, 2022 5:37 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I just watched 2 hours of first take and they didn’t discuss the Heat a single time lmao! All they talked about was hardens contract and if Doc would be better off with the a lakers than Philly

Can't say you're not dedicated. I can't imagine watching 2 hours of First Take. Rather watch grass grow.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#1006 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 5:57 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I just watched 2 hours of first take and they didn’t discuss the Heat a single time lmao! All they talked about was hardens contract and if Doc would be better off with the a lakers than Philly

Can't say you're not dedicated. I can't imagine watching 2 hours of First Take. Rather watch grass grow.

Yea. Preach, DOM
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1007 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 5:59 pm

AirP. wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Thank goodness for him. He's brought credibility and structure to the organization.

Would love to see this team get him another ring. From the Dion Waiters led going nowhere teams to championship contenders. They were counted out by almost everyone.

I'm a lucky sports fan. I became a Heat fan because I was a player fan of Alonzo. Little did I know Miami would turn out to be one of the NBA's model franchises.

Unless your franchise has a player who could be a historically great player, the most important thing for a NBA franchise is the ultimate decision maker for the franchise. To have both a consistent vision and decision making is VITAL for a franchise all the way from the players to coaching staff to the FO. Myself I've pointed out some things I think Riley has done wrong since Butler showed up for example not trading for CP3 for below his value and valuing 2021 space so much he didn't strengthen the roster as much as he could have the last 3 years but he's created an incredible environment for this franchise, has had consistent decision making and has believed in and empowered the people in this organization. Nobody is perfect but if you keep dramatically changing directions you're never really going to get to where you need to be... unless you have a historically great player.

I get some people hate having an undersized center but instead of making a dramatic change(and moving Bam to PF would be a dramatic change for this team) they've continued working on making their vision of Bam at the 5 work with both play style and personnel. Moving Bam to the 5 would set this franchise back 1-3 years because of having to acquire the right types of role-players and altering the way they play defense to the level they need to be a contender.

Meh, let's not start sucking cats off yet. Let's win some titles and get off the treadmill first.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#1008 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Fri May 13, 2022 6:11 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jimmy at the 4 has actually unlocked quite of bit for us and we’re running teams off the court.

This Bucks/Celts series has shown that Bud is willing to bench Lopez in order to match up versus a smaller lineup. Pretty significant development if we assume Bucks advance here
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1009 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 6:11 pm

This team has exceeded my early expectations but it's a team built to win now so let's see them win and then they will truly accomplish something legendary.

The franchise's continued success is admirable and Spurs-like w/o the continuity of Duncan at the helm.

An elite organization top to bottom.

But a title remains the goal.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#1010 » by twix2500 » Fri May 13, 2022 6:18 pm

Next round will not be a push over. Can not have any let down games

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,512

Post#1011 » by AirP. » Fri May 13, 2022 6:46 pm

harlem_ball wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Spoiler:

Meh, let's not start sucking cats off yet. Let's win some titles and get off the treadmill first.

I'm talking about the long term and not so much this year. I actually believe Miami's roster will be stronger the next 2 years, there were a bunch of unknowns on players going into the season... Herro, Strus, Vincent, Oladipo, Martin and Yurtseven and with that, this FO has a much clearer vision of what they have, what they need and with that able to move.

To me, this has been a successful season but of course winning more would be nice, being able to knock the Bucks out of the playoffs would prove how good the Heat are and last year something wasn't right with Butler and maybe others to be knocked out in the first round. You're just a few years past trying to build a core around Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and Bam.

This fanbase doesn't seem to understand how lucky they are to be so successful to the point some don't give a damn about making an ECF which is a pretty big deal. Look at Minnesota, their previous owner was horrific as an owner, they had 13-14 years they didn't even make the playoffs, Sacramento hasn't made the playoffs for a while now and has an owner who realistically talked about playing 4 on 5 with 1 player cherry picking.
Good news, though: The Kings are going to be entertaining! Owner Vivek Ranadivé has pitched the idea to the team’s brain trust of playing 4-on-5 defense and leaving one player to cherry-pick, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter. The Kings aren’t actually going to do that, but their D-League might, and it shows Ranadivé is committed to pushing boundaries in his search for an offbeat brand of “position-less” ball.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-rankings-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-oklahoma-city-thunder-cleveland-cavaliers/
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,649

Post#1012 » by benhillboy » Fri May 13, 2022 7:12 pm

AirP. wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm talking about the long term and not so much this year. I actually believe Miami's roster will be stronger the next 2 years, there were a bunch of unknowns on players going into the season... Herro, Strus, Vincent, Oladipo, Martin and Yurtseven and with that, this FO has a much clearer vision of what they have, what they need and with that able to move.

To me, this has been a successful season but of course winning more would be nice, being able to knock the Bucks out of the playoffs would prove how good the Heat are and last year something wasn't right with Butler and maybe others to be knocked out in the first round. You're just a few years past trying to build a core around Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and Bam.

This fanbase doesn't seem to understand how lucky they are to be so successful to the point some don't give a damn about making an ECF which is a pretty big deal. Look at Minnesota, their previous owner was horrific as an owner, they had 13-14 years they didn't even make the playoffs, Sacramento hasn't made the playoffs for a while now and has an owner who realistically talked about playing 4 on 5 with 1 player cherry picking.
Good news, though: The Kings are going to be entertaining! Owner Vivek Ranadivé has pitched the idea to the team’s brain trust of playing 4-on-5 defense and leaving one player to cherry-pick, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter. The Kings aren’t actually going to do that, but their D-League might, and it shows Ranadivé is committed to pushing boundaries in his search for an offbeat brand of “position-less” ball.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-rankings-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-oklahoma-city-thunder-cleveland-cavaliers/

I’m new here but the pessimism and hate for certain people or ideals is head-scratching. I don’t know what else you want from a franchise as long as the team plays smart, spirited ball nightly, which is exactly what this one does, along with carry themselves well off the floor.

All this focus on “championship or bust,” I’ve seen Finals MVPs feel inadequate and unwanted and teams sell their soul for a ring only to be totally dysfunctional two years later. KD’s two Finals MVPs are worth a penny with a hole in it compared to Giannis’. All the lakers have done is illustrate how clueless everyone in their basketball operations is in light of LeBron’s failing availability. I’ll take this “treadmill” of high quality two-way play and player development over the roller coaster of drama and cutting corners just to gain a little clout 8 days a week.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1013 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 7:20 pm

benhillboy wrote:
AirP. wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

I’m new here but the pessimism and hate for certain people or ideals is head-scratching. I don’t know what else you want from a franchise as long as the team plays smart, spirited ball nightly, which is exactly what this one does, along with carry themselves well off the floor.

All this focus on “championship or bust,” I’ve seen Finals MVPs feel inadequate and unwanted and teams sell their soul for a ring only to be totally dysfunctional two years later. KD’s two Finals MVPs are worth a penny with a hole in it compared to Giannis’. All the lakers have done is illustrate how clueless everyone in their basketball operations is in light of LeBron’s failing availability. I’ll take this “treadmill” of high quality two-way play and player development over the roller coaster of drama and cutting corners just to gain a little clout 8 days a week.

The treadmill of quality is sweet, I agree, but complacency to reach the conference finals would be a mistake. Especially when the team purchased vets to put us over the top: Lowry, Tucker. These guys are on their last legs and deserve rings. That's why they are here and that's the goal.

Theoretically speaking, sometimes bubbling at the bottom with young stars can bring a higher result than middling and that's the point of rebuilds. If this team floundered in the 2nd round that would be a consideration. But BOOM! we won! woohoo!

Let the good times roll.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#1014 » by Shootit » Fri May 13, 2022 7:36 pm

Got nothing to add other than glad Riley didn't go after Harden via trade.

He seems checked out and I doubt he puts in the effort to get his game back to his prime Houston ways
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,750

Post#1015 » by al bondiga » Fri May 13, 2022 7:43 pm

I would throw out there bam straight up for Joel, but Joel seems a bit of a cancer for a team, he thinks he's the second coming of Shaquille O'Neal... so I don't know

Embiid seems like a better player than bam, but his ego and the lack of athleticism and experience, in comparison to Bam... render him an eternal loser
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1016 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 7:45 pm

al bondiga wrote:I would throw out there bam straight up for Joel, but Joel seems a bit of a cancer for a team, he thinks he's the second coming of Shaquille O'Neal... so I don't know

Embiid seems like a better player than bam, but his ego and the lack of athleticism and experience, in comparison to Bam... render him an eternal loser

Not to mention his durability is suspect. But he's a great, great player. Any team would be lucky to have him.
Jfh20
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,773

Post#1017 » by Jfh20 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:46 pm

bucks vs heat is set. no way the bucks let celtics go past 6.. hope spo is already game planning to stop greek freak... its going down again. we have quite a rivalry with this team now... we beat them once, they came back and embarrassed us, now we must close the chapter once and for all and show milwakee who the east belongs too. end them now!
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,959

Post#1018 » by carnageta » Fri May 13, 2022 8:02 pm

harlem_ball wrote:This team has exceeded my early expectations but it's a team built to win now so let's see them win and then they will truly accomplish something legendary.

The franchise's continued success is admirable and Spurs-like w/o the continuity of Duncan at the helm.

We actually have a Duncan as well. :o
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1019 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 8:02 pm

Jfh20 wrote:bucks vs heat is set. no way the bucks let celtics go past 6.. hope spo is already game planning to stop greek freak... its going down again. we have quite a rivalry with this team now... we beat them once, they came back and embarrassed us, now we must close the chapter once and for all and show milwakee who the east belongs too. end them now!

YAAAASSSSSS :banghead:

harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1020 » by harlem_ball » Fri May 13, 2022 8:03 pm

carnageta wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:This team has exceeded my early expectations but it's a team built to win now so let's see them win and then they will truly accomplish something legendary.

We actually have a Duncan as well. :o

thats high praise lol

Return to Miami Heat