ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,979

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 21-22 Vol. 4 

Post#961 » by eddieheatfan » Wed May 11, 2022 4:56 pm

twix2500 wrote:Jimmy F'n Butler playoff stats are Hall of Fame worthy!

28.3 pts on 18.8 fga, 53.8 fg%,
7.6 rbs
5.6 ast on 1.1 TO = 3.3 ast/to ratio
2.2 stl
Offrtg 119.2
Defrag 103.4
TS 63.5
EFG 58

All this at a pace of 94

Butler should be promoted and praised in the media but you guys are spamming the algorithm with trading PJ Washington for Grant. I have seen every player named in a trade on his this past week including Butler name. Crazy weird but it is what it is.

https://youtu.be/wHsJ1A9tdlY

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,901

Post#962 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 11, 2022 5:47 pm

In these playoffs we’re 6-0 at home, 5-0 without Lowry
#FreeBam
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#963 » by Slot Machine » Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 pm

Jimmy’s 3-point shooting re-emerging is really encouraging to me and opens up the team offense a lot. Also makes me feel a lot better about paying him the max 4 seasons from now.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,742

Post#964 » by AirP. » Wed May 11, 2022 9:04 pm

I knew Butler and Embiid talked every day but didn't know he's been Embiid's mentor and from what they said in this video, probably the reason why Embiid has been getting in shape the last few years.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,326

Post#965 » by Beenie » Wed May 11, 2022 9:21 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:People kept mentioning Hunter, but John Colins looks like a guy potentially falling out of favor in Atlanta. I wonder what it might take to get him, his willingness to shoot and ability to rebound makes him a good fit between Jimmy and Bam.

I've wondered the same.

Collins also is fond of Mia

I however don't see the two teams as compatible trade partners.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#966 » by Beenie » Wed May 11, 2022 9:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=1Jn_q0HT3TzxFoA88HRiPw
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,769

Post#967 » by al bondiga » Wed May 11, 2022 9:27 pm

of course Jimmy is a unique player for Miami but I think the max per year should only be reserved for All-Star starters.

come contract time you never know who is going to perform for real, that is why athlete salaries are so fkdup in comparison to real people, so I guess that is why they are not considered real people...jeje

but that is capitalism at its finest
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,769

Post#968 » by al bondiga » Wed May 11, 2022 9:29 pm

its ok
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#969 » by Beenie » Wed May 11, 2022 9:33 pm

al bondiga wrote:of course Jimmy is a unique player for Miami but I think the max per year should only be reserved for All-Star starters.

come contract time you never know who is going to perform for real, that is why athlete salaries are so fkdup in comparison to real people, so I guess that is why they are not considered real people...jeje

but that is capitalism at its finest

Wiggins was an all star starter this season and he I think he wouldn't qualify as an elite player.

Your general point, though, I do agree with.

Max contracts should be reserved for the very best.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#970 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 11, 2022 11:03 pm

It makes me sick seeing what the media is saying about last game lol. Miami is getting no credit. Everyone is just saying Embiid was upset about not winning MVP. We will never get credit for anything
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,807

Post#971 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 11, 2022 11:43 pm

Beenie wrote:
Read on Twitter

I will take him. That neck tattoo is scary though.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#972 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 11, 2022 11:48 pm

Just saw Wall has a player option for $48 mil next year. He going to be playing in Houston.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#973 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 12, 2022 12:02 am

greg4012 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
twix2500 wrote:They still want to trade Jimmy. They were just talking about cashing out on trading Jimmy while his stock is high. And to be real, there were a lot of Heat fans who didn't want to trade for Jimmy.

On a positive note post gm int. Jimmy was asked about Herro getting a lot of attention, double teams & blitzes. Jimmy stated Herro is doing a great job of accepting the blitz & making good reads/plays out of them. He then adds how tough it is to be blitz all the time but said he looks at it as a compliment that you're a very good player if they're constantly sending 2 players @you. In classic Butler form says he mustn't be very good player since they're not doing it to him but he'll take it & ends w/ "keep doubling Tyler" :lol:

An interesting comment that indicates just how dangerous Philly thinks Tyler is to throw couple of bodies at him all series but not Jimmy. Jimmy then feasting on the attention Tyler is receiving. Yet here we are discussing Tyler trade scenarios :-?

Doc Rivers then put himself in hot water w/ Heat fans after saying how Jimmy has been vry comfortable this series & he may have to do something he doesn't want to do. Interesting if they'll now throw numerous bodies @Jimmy instead in gm6 & wether that will help open up Herro's game. One things for certain they will change coverage for Jimmy. Hopefully Herro gets free & explodes to shut fickle fans up for a bit.

They're sticking tight to all of our shooters and forcing Jimmy to win his one on one matchups as our source of scoring. Jimmy is obviously showing he's up to the task. If they change the approach, that might be just what we need to open up the faucet from 3 on the road in the hostile Philly environment.

Doc definitely changing strategy on Jimmy so will be interesting to see the adjustments & how that changes opportunities for us.

Either way I initially anticipate us shooting better this time round on the road regardless. I don't see us bricking 3rd consecutive rd gm this series.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#974 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 12, 2022 1:21 am

A Pro. A true Heat.
Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#975 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 12, 2022 1:27 am

Maximus
Read on Twitter

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#976 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 12, 2022 1:30 am

Jimbo Buckets
Read on Twitter

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#977 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 12, 2022 2:12 am

3ballbomber wrote:Jimbo Buckets
Read on Twitter

Thank goodness we have him.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#978 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 12, 2022 3:05 am

DayofMourning wrote:Just saw Wall has a player option for $48 mil next year. He going to be playing in Houston.

Hell opt in and negotiate a buyout
#FreeBam
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,734

Post#979 » by Shewasfly » Thu May 12, 2022 3:24 am

3ballbomber wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:Doesn't shock me. Fickle fans were doing the same throughout reg season each time players have a bad stretch. Imagine posters here wanted to trade Jimmy - He's currently having himself a hell of a playoffs putting up fantastic numbers.
They still want to trade Jimmy. They were just talking about cashing out on trading Jimmy while his stock is high. And to be real, there were a lot of Heat fans who didn't want to trade for Jimmy.

On a positive note post gm int. Jimmy was asked about Herro getting a lot of attention, double teams & blitzes. Jimmy stated Herro is doing a great job of accepting the blitz & making good reads/plays out of them. He then adds how tough it is to be blitz all the time but said he looks at it as a compliment that you're a very good player if they're constantly sending 2 players @you. In classic Butler form says he mustn't be very good player since they're not doing it to him but he'll take it & ends w/ "keep doubling Tyler" :lol:

An interesting comment that indicates just how dangerous Philly thinks Tyler is to throw couple of bodies at him all series but not Jimmy. Jimmy then feasting on the attention Tyler is receiving. Yet here we are discussing Tyler trade scenarios :-?

Doc Rivers then put himself in hot water w/ Heat fans after saying how Jimmy has been vry comfortable this series & he may have to do something he doesn't want to do. Interesting if they'll now throw numerous bodies @Jimmy instead in gm6 & wether that will help open up Herro's game. One things for certain they will change coverage for Jimmy. Hopefully Herro gets free & explodes to shut fickle fans up for a bit.

Some of them aren't fans. Not Heat fans anyway, just fans of one player on the Heat (who isn't even an all star, so it makes the obsession even more bizarre).

But funny enough, the bold is what I was talking about when it came to giving complete context to Tyler's performance in the game thread. He is actually seeing more pressure than Jimmy. Some actual fans want to hold it against him to say "oh look, teams have finally started to game plan for him and now he's useless". But that's not the case. He's been game planned for since after the bubble. He's just getting blitzed and giving the ball up. If even Jimmy can admit that, just imagine how pointless it is to take seriously the posters who don't recognize it. Then player fans want to ignore context just to look for anything to discredit him while giving passes to players who aren't even being guarded period on offense, let alone double coverage or single coverage like Tyler and JB.

I do want more from Tyler, but more so I want him to attack when he does have the opportunity. Sometimes he's passive even when he has an opening. And that is not acceptable regardless of how he's being guarded. This is the playoffs, there's making the correct read to pass and then there's flat out passiveness. He was passive in quite a few games and that deserves to be called out. I also think he can try to attack inside and draw fouls with the overplaying. And of course during the off season he'll need to put on weight so its not as easy to play him this way. But all the hyperbole is just that from biased fans, and nonsense ramblings from delusional player fans.
:tiredJB:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#980 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu May 12, 2022 4:48 am

Beenie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Vincent > this broken down version of Wall

Don't 8
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs