ImageImageImage

Playoffs - Game 3 - Heat @ Hawks - April 22 - Jimmy Buckets Reaper of Souls Is Hungry for More

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,059

Re: Playoffs - Game 3 - Heat @ Hawks - April 22 - Jimmy Buckets Reaper of Souls Is Hungry for More 

Post#41 » by DayofMourning » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:28 pm

3rd page in!!
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,033

Re: Playoffs - Game 3 - Heat @ Hawks - April 22 - Jimmy Buckets Reaper of Souls Is Hungry for More 

Post#42 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:38 pm

Wether it was Hawks or Cavs we were nvr going to lose in the 1st round!

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,082

Post#43 » by SerialChiller » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:11 am

Anyone else see this? Skip claiming he's been told by a source that Butler has a problem with Dipo and refuses to share the floor with him. It's probably nonsense but I guess it could be possible and would help explain why Dipo isn't playing at all unless Butler isn't playing.

Talks about Butler and Dipo at 3:35...

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/skip-bayless-says-claims-jimmy-butler-told-erik-spoelstra-that-he-doesnt-want-to-share-the-floor-with-victor-oladipo
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,907

Post#44 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:35 am

SerialChiller wrote:Anyone else see this? Skip claiming he's been told by a source that Butler has a problem with Dipo and refuses to share the floor with him. It's probably nonsense but I guess it could be possible and would help explain why Dipo isn't playing at all unless Butler isn't playing.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/skip-bayless-says-claims-jimmy-butler-told-erik-spoelstra-that-he-doesnt-want-to-share-the-floor-with-victor-oladipo

Saw this, could be as simple as Butler saying who he IS comfortable/wanting to play with... which might be why Strus is in the starting lineup vs Robinson since Spoelstra asked the "leaders" of the team about making changes to the rotation late in the season and I'm sure the same thing was asked about Oladipo. Then again Butler could have an issue with Oladipo, seems some weren't happy with what he did in the bubble.

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again on Oladipo, he's a playmaker/scorer and currently those roles are being played by Butler and Herro. If Oladipo were signed past this summer I think you'd see him in the rotation in Vincent's spot but since he's a FA he may try to expand his role which may cause an issue. If Herro doesn't snap out of it I think Oladipo could end up taking Herro's role with Herro taking Gabe, Robinson or Strus' role.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,068

Post#45 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:45 am

AirP. wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:Anyone else see this? Skip claiming he's been told by a source that Butler has a problem with Dipo and refuses to share the floor with him. It's probably nonsense but I guess it could be possible and would help explain why Dipo isn't playing at all unless Butler isn't playing.

Saw this, could be as simple as Butler saying who he IS comfortable/wanting to play with... which might be why Strus is in the starting lineup vs Robinson since Spoelstra asked the "leaders" of the team about making changes to the rotation late in the season and I'm sure the same thing was asked about Oladipo. Then again Butler could have an issue with Oladipo, seems some weren't happy with what he did in the bubble.

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again on Oladipo, he's a playmaker/scorer and currently those roles are being played by Butler and Herro. If Oladipo were signed past this summer I think you'd see him in the rotation in Vincent's spot but since he's a FA he may try to expand his role which may cause an issue. If Herro doesn't snap out of it I think Oladipo could end up taking Herro's role with Herro taking Gabe, Robinson or Strus' role.
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,882

Post#46 » by balla345 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:03 am

Precious outplaying Bam these playoffs hurts my chest
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,907

Post#47 » by AirP. » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:15 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
AirP. wrote:

All this would require is Oladipo taking over ball handling duties from Herro while Herro looks to score, mostly catch and shoot and some situations where he gets a weaker defender on him. You basically replace Gabe's defense with Oladipo's defense and get a better offensive duo with Oladipo and Herro vs Herro and Gabe with Oladipo actually having experience to better handle being a #1 option on a playoff team. Herro can then just concentrate on getting his own points vs create for others or setting up the offense.

Herro's FG% and TS% for his playoffs.
19-20 .433, .557 (21 games) (In the finals his FG% was .368)
20-21 .316, .450 (4 games)
21-22 .364, .442 (2 games)
So as of now he's shot well under 40% from the field in his last 12 playoff games.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,807

Post#48 » by Shewasfly » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:13 am

This is wild if true. Oladipo is like one of the nicest, most harmless guys in the league.

Not that we'd ever choose Dipo over Butler but if true this really lowers my opinion of Jimmy just as a person if nothing else. He has zero reason to be as much of an egomaniac as something like that would entail. Especially since he knows what Dipo has been through and how he's fighting back for a contract in the league after a devastating injury. Inexcusable to essentially mess up another player's bag like that.
:tiredJB:
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,190

Post#49 » by MorbidHEAT » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:40 am

I posted that in the regular season thread as well. I don't want to believe it...but it could very easily explain how Oladipo could have a 40 point game to close the season and not get his warm-ups off the next 2 games. Dipo could be a huge difference maker that we may need vs the Sixers. Nobody that is serious about winning a title would do that foolishness. If it is true, Jimmy ain't the one.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran

Post#50 » by MorbidHEAT » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:44 am

Also, I hope Spoelstra plays Jimmy with Dipo next game just to kill that noise if its not true. We don't need outside noise when we are trying to go for a title. I will be watching next game to see any interactions between them, though.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,155

Post#51 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:52 am

Skip just talking ****, that’s not true. Jimmy they interact on social media and all that
#FreeBam
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,804

Post#52 » by Chalm Down » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:03 am

If anything, I feel like Spo is the one who doesn’t want to play Oladipo, and he’s right not to imo
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#53 » by harlem_ball » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 am

Dipo becoming a toxic force in the franchise?

He won't be resigned.

Haha Dipostans!

I personally don't mind Dipo but his fanboys can be whiny and obnoxious.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,824

Post#54 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:21 am

Eh sounds like a crock of ****. As if Skip Bayless has reliable sources.

It’s definitely Spo’s decision at this point and that’s okay. There’s nothing that says Dipo is owed playing time right now especially after his recovery took much longer than expected. He and Morris will be the first guys to fill in for any rotation injuries that pop up. But there’s no sense in trying to fix what’s not broken in the meantime
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,155

Post#55 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:31 am

Read on Twitter

Bam support from the 2nd best defender in the world
#FreeBam
MorbidHEAT
Veteran

Post#56 » by MorbidHEAT » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:53 am

Pharenheit wrote:Eh sounds like a crock of ****. As if Skip Bayless has reliable sources.

It’s definitely Spo’s decision at this point and that’s okay. There’s nothing that says Dipo is owed playing time right now especially after his recovery took much longer than expected. He and Morris will be the first guys to fill in for any rotation injuries that pop up. But there’s no sense in trying to fix what’s not broken in the meantime

Agreed. Hebwould def provide more than Gabe, but we just don't have the time to make the chemistry work. Resign him, get him in a training camp and then go from there.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,561

Post#57 » by Bishop45 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:01 am

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,561

Post#58 » by Bishop45 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:02 am

Chalm Down wrote:If anything, I feel like Spo is the one who doesn’t want to play Oladipo, and he’s right not to imo

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,804

Post#59 » by Chalm Down » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:49 am

bish pls
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#60 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:00 am

Is it crazy t suspect Bam is still recovering from Covid?

He just looks off to me

Herro started to get into it, hopefully game 3 he catches fire.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat