ImageImageImage

PG: Dipo Sighting

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,786

Re: PG: Dipo Sighting 

Post#161 » by greg4012 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:33 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
Dont tell me you dont admire Ingram's fabulous offense ?

I love Ingrams game, there are more Ingrams in this league than there are Bams. Bams arguably the best defender in the world, Ingrams offense isn’t to that level. Bams offense is better than Ingrams defense, especially when you factor in playmaking and all that.

It’s funny because I was banging on the table at the deadline to trade Herro Robinson and/or picks/ young guys for Ingram when the Pels we’re struggling and was getting killed for it. You may have been one of them but I can’t remember. Now we have people saying we should trade Bam, who’s far more valuable than Herro, for Ingram “easily” like it isn’t even close lol.

That’s where regency bias comes in.

Dont recall that, but i would have done that trade. Bams offense is inconsistent and leaves way much to be desired, Bams defense specially in the perimeter is good, but lets not pretend he is Alonzo Mouring in his prime. So i dont see much difference in your comparisiong to Ingrams, Bams could only dream to have Ingrams offensive skills, and i dont think the guy is a slouch on defense, not really sure i have not see the Pelicans play too much.

Bam's defensive impact on the game is comparable to prime Zo. I know it's tough for some to go beyond counting stats though
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,951

Post#162 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:35 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I love Ingrams game, there are more Ingrams in this league than there are Bams. Bams arguably the best defender in the world, Ingrams offense isn’t to that level. Bams offense is better than Ingrams defense, especially when you factor in playmaking and all that.

It’s funny because I was banging on the table at the deadline to trade Herro Robinson and/or picks/ young guys for Ingram when the Pels we’re struggling and was getting killed for it. You may have been one of them but I can’t remember. Now we have people saying we should trade Bam, who’s far more valuable than Herro, for Ingram “easily” like it isn’t even close lol.

Dont recall that, but i would have done that trade. Bams offense is inconsistent and leaves way much to be desired, Bams defense specially in the perimeter is good, but lets not pretend he is Alonzo Mouring in his prime. So i dont see much difference in your comparisiong to Ingrams, Bams could only dream to have Ingrams offensive skills, and i dont think the guy is a slouch on defense, not really sure i have not see the Pelicans play too much.

Bam's defensive impact on the game is comparable to prime Zo. I know it's for some to go beyond counting stats though

Theyre both dominant in their own ways for sure and yes, counting stats and PPG or it doesn’t matter lmao!
#FreeBam
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#163 » by benhillboy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:46 am

Y’all see why I defected from the Hawks to the Heat eh? Hawks fans actually think they can build around a player of Traes defensive, leadership, physical, and off ball uselessness.
Delon Wright been my favorite Hawk all season with Okongwu, I’m sure you all see why as he’s the only player cognizant of offensive ball movement and defensive ball stoppage with the effort level to affect both on and off ball. He’d look swell in a Heat uni he’s only one of the premier assist to turn and defensive plays per foul players in the association.

But yeah so enjoying Heat Ball right now. I can’t stress how much Jimmy is my all time fav. He hoops like he took off a couple years to become a professor of philosophy then off do a 3 year prison stint. His floor game and ability to spread himself so thickly is unmatched.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,374

Post#164 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:51 am

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Bam's defensive impact on the game is comparable to prime Zo. I know it's tough for some to go beyond counting stats though

Comparable to prime Zo :crazy:
Come back when Adebayo wins defensive player of the year let alone two. Comparing Bam's defemse to Zo's is very subjective especially when he doesnt have the accolades to show for it.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#165 » by greg4012 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:17 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Come back when Adebayo wins defensive player of the year let alone two. Comparing Bam's defemse to Zo's is very subjective especially when he doesnt have the accolades to show for it.

Following the Heat since I went to my first of many games in the Miami Arena with the same attention and interest that I pay today is how I can speak on it. I don’t need to wait for flawed media awards to tell me what I’m seeing on the court. Zo is an absolute legend and Bam has ways to go to achieve all he has and impact the game in such a great way.

But, I believe that the increasingly peak Bam we’ve been seeing on defense the past couple years has a profound effect on covering the entire court in this 3 point era in a way that is as impactful as Zos amazing post defense and rim protection
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#166 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:01 am

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Following the Heat since I went to my first of many games in the Miami Arena with the same attention and interest that I pay today is how I can speak on it. I don’t need to wait for flawed media awards to tell me what I’m seeing on the court. Zo is an absolute legend and Bam has ways to go to achieve all he has and impact the game in such a great way.

But, I believe that the increasingly peak Bam we’ve been seeing on defense the past couple years has a profound effect on covering the entire court in this 3 point era in a way that is as impactful as Zos amazing post defense and rim protection

Bam's switching defense is very good, now he is not much of a rim protector, now if you think in this age thats more coveted than a rim protector then more power to you. As i also do not agree the DPY is a flawed media award as you portray it to be, zo got a couple of them and i dont really think there is a conspiracy to cheat Adebayo from one.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#167 » by greg4012 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:07 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Bam's switching defense is very good, now he is not much of a rim protector, now if you think in this age thats more coveted than a rim protector then more power to you. As i also do not agree the DPY is a flawed media award as you portray it to be, zo got a couple of them and i dont really think there is a conspiracy to cheat Adebayo from one.

It's not a conspiracy it's a narrative award.

If you're dependent on the eyes of others to tell you what you're seeing that's fine.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#168 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14 am

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

If you're dependent on the eyes of others to tell you what you're seeing that's fine.

I am not Greg, i just dont think Adebayo impacts the game defensively as Zo did.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#169 » by greg4012 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:15 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

I am not Greg, i just dont think Adebayo impacts the game defensively as Zo did.

I know you're not Greg. I'm Greg
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#170 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:16 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

I am not, Greg, i just dont think Adebayo impacts the game defensively as Zo did.

Better?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#171 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:00 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

He’d be a better rip protector if he camped the paint all game. Thank god he’s not that limited and can do everything defensively.

Smart literally just won DPOY and wasn’t even the best defender on his team lol
#FreeBam
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#172 » by gom » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:36 am

benhillboy wrote:Y’all see why I defected from the Hawks to the Heat eh? Hawks fans actually think they can build around a player of Traes defensive, leadership, physical, and off ball uselessness.
Delon Wright been my favorite Hawk all season with Okongwu, I’m sure you all see why as he’s the only player cognizant of offensive ball movement and defensive ball stoppage with the effort level to affect both on and off ball. He’d look swell in a Heat uni he’s only one of the premier assist to turn and defensive plays per foul players in the association.

But yeah so enjoying Heat Ball right now. I can’t stress how much Jimmy is my all time fav. He hoops like he took off a couple years to become a professor of philosophy then off do a 3 year prison stint. His floor game and ability to spread himself so thickly is unmatched.

au contraire, mon ami. The Hawks deserve credit. They were conference finalists last season. The Heat are winning over a credible adversary with great individual talent, including Trae Young, completely wrapped up by a frankly amazing defense. What a team this is.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#173 » by gom » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:37 am

gom wrote:
benhillboy wrote:Y’all see why I defected from the Hawks to the Heat eh? Hawks fans actually think they can build around a player of Traes defensive, leadership, physical, and off ball uselessness.

au contraire, mon ami. The Hawks deserve credit. They were conference finalists last season. The Heat are winning over a credible adversary with great individual talent, including Trae Young, completely wrapped up by a frankly amazing defense. What a team this is.

Ours I mean. Just to clarify.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,157

Post#174 » by SA37 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:17 am

Shewasfly wrote:
Spoiler:
SA37 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:So Bam who is arguably not even a top 15 player would only be traded for top 5-7 players? Especially when Bam is what he is on offense?

I honestly think he's in the same Herro boat other than having already had the benefit of getting paid. He also has the benefit of playing with the first unit and being shielded by not being asked to even contribute consistently offensively. I mean I wouldn't even want to imagine Bam trying to carry an offense, it'd be a nightmare. So he is very far from being untouchable if he continues sucking the way he has.

Miami is defense-first organization and Bam fits that perfectly. With Butler, Miami doesn't need Bam to be a top-15 player. He's a perennial DPOY candidate and is a 20-a-game scorer. How many other bigs fit that category? He is exactly the kind of player Miami looks for not only for his skills, but for the way he plays and the way he can set the tone culturally.

Look at the issues teams have to deal with with guys like Irving, Kawhi, Zion, Harden...etc. Character and personality matter.

Defense or not, personality or not, most teams are not going to jump at the chance to dedicate 20+% of their cap to an offensive liability. Teams that do that become treadmill very fast. Look at the Jazz.

They will take a chance on a defensive liability though, as can be seen by the lauding of players like Trae, Lilliard, Mitchell, etc.

I don't necessarily disagree that Bam is more valuable to us than would be to every other team bc of the nature of our organization. That is the same for a guy like Draymond to the Warriors. But literally no other team would value him in that way because of his other glaring limitations, and I'm sure would be insulted by the suggestion to only trade him for far superior, top 5 players.

Bam is not an aggressive offensive player, but offensive liability is hyperbole for a guy who had 24 games (out of 56) of 20+ points and averaged 19 a game on 13 shots. Set up an offense where Bam shoots 17 a game (like Herro), and Bam would average around 24 a game. Would that make Miami a better team? Not necessarily.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#175 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:15 pm

SA37 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
Spoiler:
SA37 wrote:
Miami is defense-first organization and Bam fits that perfectly. With Butler, Miami doesn't need Bam to be a top-15 player. He's a perennial DPOY candidate and is a 20-a-game scorer. How many other bigs fit that category? He is exactly the kind of player Miami looks for not only for his skills, but for the way he plays and the way he can set the tone culturally.

Look at the issues teams have to deal with with guys like Irving, Kawhi, Zion, Harden...etc. Character and personality matter.

Defense or not, personality or not, most teams are not going to jump at the chance to dedicate 20+% of their cap to an offensive liability. Teams that do that become treadmill very fast. Look at the Jazz.

They will take a chance on a defensive liability though, as can be seen by the lauding of players like Trae, Lilliard, Mitchell, etc.

I don't necessarily disagree that Bam is more valuable to us than would be to every other team bc of the nature of our organization. That is the same for a guy like Draymond to the Warriors. But literally no other team would value him in that way because of his other glaring limitations, and I'm sure would be insulted by the suggestion to only trade him for far superior, top 5 players.

Bam is not an aggressive offensive player, but offensive liability is hyperbole for a guy who had 24 games (out of 56) of 20+ points and averaged 19 a game on 13 shots. Set up an offense where Bam shoots 17 a game (like Herro), and Bam would average around 24 a game. Would that make Miami a better team? Not necessarily.

Dude shot 43% on jumpers this season on over 300 attempts. His game is still evolving. When we were short handed and needed him to score he gave us 25-35.
#FreeBam
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#176 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:41 pm

If Bam is your 3rd/4th option - you're in great shape.

If you're trying to make him your first/second option - his limitations and passiveness will drive you crazy.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#177 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:04 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

He’d be a better rip protector if he camped the paint all game. Thank god he’s not that limited and can do everything defensively.

Marcus Smart is a dog on defense, who is better than him in the cerltics according to you ?
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#178 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:08 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:If Bam is your 3rd/4th option - you're in great shape.

If you're trying to make him your first/second option - his limitations and passiveness will drive you crazy.

On point, he is just not a second option in a contending team, he does not have the tools to be one. He is also not this defensive juggernaut people make him out to be, even if he camped down in the paint all night, he is no Zo
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#179 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:15 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Marcus Smart is a dog on defense, who is better than him in the cerltics according to you ?

Robert Williams without a doubt, Celtics fans will agree on this.

Players are shooting 55% from the field when defended by smart in the playoffs lol
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#180 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:16 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:If Bam is your 3rd/4th option - you're in great shape.

On point, he is just not a second option in a contending team, he does not have the tools to be one. He is also not this defensive juggernaut people make him out to be, even if he camped down in the paint all night, he is no Zo

Luckily he’s our 3rd option then! Yes he is a major defensive juggernaut. The eye test, metrics and everything back this. He’s the best defender in the world.
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat