ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,201

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#41 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:32 am

Mion went from the doghouse to getting a ring wow
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#43 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:18 am

Found out what Pelifan has been up to.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Get this guy a sandwich.
OP for NBA FT record
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,989

Post#44 » by DayofMourning » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:52 pm

Looks like they've got a Playstation 6 release date. Strange that PS5s are still too hard to find.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,586

Post#45 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:53 am

DayofMourning wrote:Looks like they've got a Playstation 6 release date. Strange that PS5s are still too hard to find.

:lol: :lol: :lol: PS6 please, I don't even know what a PS5 looks like....let alone find one.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:34 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Looks like they've got a Playstation 6 release date. Strange that PS5s are still too hard to find.

:lol: :lol: :lol: PS6 please, I don't even know what a PS5 looks like....let alone find one.

I haven't found one in a store yet. It's wild. I stopped looking earnestly for one about 6 months ago. Just fed up with the nonsense. Scalpers asking $1000 for a console to play video games. That's nuts. I went to Sonys site today and added one into my cart no problem. Maybe the cringe worthy wait is over.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,000

Post#47 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:52 am

Got a PS5 for $700 on eBay a year or 2 ago, you should be good to find them for that
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:59 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Got a PS5 for $700 on eBay a year or 2 ago, you should be good to find them for that

Won't do it. Will pay $400 or they can keep them. When I was in my 20s I would have done what it takes to get that shiny new hardware. Now, I'd rather blow that cash on Legos for my son.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,995

Post#49 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:17 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Got a PS5 for $700 on eBay a year or 2 ago, you should be good to find them for that

Won't do it. Will pay $400 or they can keep them. When I was in my 20s I would have done what it takes to get that shiny new hardware. Now, I'd rather blow that cash on Legos for my son.
a PC will serve you much better at that price. you can play emulated games too. so the library is pretty huge compared to consoles oh and you can play with any controller too :wink:
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#50 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:23 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

a PC will serve you much better at that price. you can play emulated games too. so the library is pretty huge compared to consoles oh and you can play with any controller too :wink:

I bought a gaming laptop, I have Xbox game pass two wireless controllers and it’s fantastic, plus I can do things with it that a game console isn’t good for like work. I take it with me on my work travels and play in the hotel room to relax.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,000

Post#51 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:18 pm

Yea I wish I had a PC for sure, they’re easily best
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#52 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:16 pm

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#53 » by unowen85 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:48 pm

Have the Dolphins tried telling Tua to not use his head to brace for a fall?
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#54 » by gom » Mon Jan 2, 2023 9:03 pm

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#55 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jan 6, 2023 5:21 am

unowen85 wrote:Have the Dolphins tried telling Tua to not use his head to brace for a fall?
i really feel bad for him. i'm afraid that something worse may happen to him if he plays again. :(
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#56 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Jan 6, 2023 4:46 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
unowen85 wrote:Have the Dolphins tried telling Tua to not use his head to brace for a fall?
i really feel bad for him. i'm afraid that something worse may happen to him if he plays again. :(

Dr. Bennet Omalu, the famous neuropathologist who inspired the 2015 film "Concussion," believes Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa should never take another hit and retire from the NFL.

Dr. Omalu said this after Tua’s concussion in October. Now he has another one. Irreversible damage has been done. Time to hang it up before he does anything worse.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/bennet-omalu-tua-tagovailoa-retire.html

“If you love your life, if you love your family, you love your kids — if you have kids — it’s time to gallantly walk away,” Omalu said to Tagovailoa. “Go find something else to do.”
“Tua, my brother. I love you,” Omalu added. “I love you as much as I love my son. Stop playing. Stop. Hang your helmet and gallantly walk away.”

Sad. I would not judge Tua for a second if he called it on his career. Infact, I encourage him too.
OP for NBA FT record
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#57 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:29 pm

Anybody here who games what's the mindset lately with game quality? Like I used to be excited for FPS and RPG/MORPG when they were announced now not anymore, like either everything is really watered down or they are not captivating anymore in a story. What was the last game you guys really cared a lot about? I mean I am looking forward to Diablo 4, just cause I was a big fan of the franchise, played the hell out of Diablo 3, still do sometimes. Also like the Tom Clancy's games like Vegas/Vegas 2. Those FPS's were the bomb in story line and game play there's really nothing out there to match it with the newear games. Call of Duty has gone away from what made the game interesting. I don't know maybe I am just an old head gamer, who misses the real classics back in the day and how they were innovating, now a days nothing is innovating its just better graphics and gimmicks. I have yet to see a trailer for Xbox Series X/PS5 that make you go wow look at this, its gonna change gaming moving forward. I keep hearing the engineers online saying that this line of platforms are just transitioning into the future, there just here to keep everyone interested while the real changes happen in the next gen, PS6 etc.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:34 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:Anybody here who games what's the mindset lately with game quality? Like I used to be excited for FPS and RPG/MORPG when they were announced now not anymore, like either everything is really watered down or they are not captivating anymore in a story. What was the last game you guys really cared a lot about? I mean I am looking forward to Diablo 4, just cause I was a big fan of the franchise, played the hell out of Diablo 3, still do sometimes. Also like the Tom Clancy's games like Vegas/Vegas 2. Those FPS's were the bomb in story line and game play there's really nothing out there to match it with the newear games. Call of Duty has gone away from what made the game interesting. I don't know maybe I am just an old head gamer, who misses the real classics back in the day and how they were innovating, now a days nothing is innovating its just better graphics and gimmicks. I have yet to see a trailer for Xbox Series X/PS5 that make you go wow look at this, its gonna change gaming moving forward. I keep hearing the engineers online saying that this line of platforms are just transitioning into the future, there just here to keep everyone interested while the real changes happen in the next gen, PS6 etc.

As I've gotten older, the allure of gaming has dissipated. I really only play Fromsoft games anymore, though my wife did ask for a Switch for Christmas. Been playing Mario lol.

I did finish Ghost of Tsushima which I thought was pretty darn good.

It's been a real long time since I've cared to invest in RPGs. Those are crazy time sinks.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#59 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Feb 6, 2023 12:33 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:Anybody here who games what's the mindset lately with game quality? Like I used to be excited for FPS and RPG/MORPG when they were announced now not anymore, like either everything is really watered down or they are not captivating anymore in a story. What was the last game you guys really cared a lot about? I mean I am looking forward to Diablo 4, just cause I was a big fan of the franchise, played the hell out of Diablo 3, still do sometimes. Also like the Tom Clancy's games like Vegas/Vegas 2. Those FPS's were the bomb in story line and game play there's really nothing out there to match it with the newear games. Call of Duty has gone away from what made the game interesting. I don't know maybe I am just an old head gamer, who misses the real classics back in the day and how they were innovating, now a days nothing is innovating its just better graphics and gimmicks. I have yet to see a trailer for Xbox Series X/PS5 that make you go wow look at this, its gonna change gaming moving forward. I keep hearing the engineers online saying that this line of platforms are just transitioning into the future, there just here to keep everyone interested while the real changes happen in the next gen, PS6 etc.

currently playing utawarerumono mask of truth and man i just love this game. it has a pretty good story, likeable characters and pretty nice SRPG gameplay.

so far i'm over 40 hrs playing the game. good stuff but yeah you are right creativity in games has hit a wall
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#60 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Feb 7, 2023 4:45 am

eddieheatfan wrote:

currently playing utawarerumono mask of truth and man i just love this game. it has a pretty good story, likeable characters and pretty nice SRPG gameplay.

so far i'm over 40 hrs playing the game. good stuff but yeah you are right creativity in games has hit a wall

I play The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (part 1, 2, 3, & now I’m playing 4). I only get to play the game for about 3 hours a month and I’ve been playing it for like 7 years now. It’s a JRPG. Lots of character development. Not a game with high action, nor are the graphics amazing. Just a good story.

Regarding Diablo 4, I have lost faith in Blizzard’s ability to do anything innovative. Just poking at their goose to lay another golden egg at this point. I mean, WoW remastered? Wtf. Good video summarizing Blizzard below:

OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat