ImageImageImage

Philly @ Miami - Tuesday - May 10th - 7:30 PM - GAME 5

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,475

Re: Philly @ Miami - Tuesday - May 10th - 7:30 PM - GAME 5 

Post#761 » by marson » Wed May 11, 2022 11:32 pm

Most outlets say the Sixer's loss in Game 5 is more about Joel pouting on his loss MVP lmao
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#762 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed May 11, 2022 11:35 pm

marson wrote:Most outlets say the Sixer's loss in Game 5 is more about Joel pouting on his loss MVP lmao

Gotta thank the voters then
OP for NBA FT record
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,083

Post#763 » by Rapaz » Wed May 11, 2022 11:44 pm

marson wrote:Most outlets say the Sixer's loss in Game 5 is more about Joel pouting on his loss MVP lmao

If only the Atlanta Hawks would’ve gotten more rest and Embiid would’ve gotten more MVP votes . . .
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,633

Post#764 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 11, 2022 11:49 pm

I wonder what they will say next?! I'm on the edge of my seat!
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,967

Post#765 » by carnageta » Thu May 12, 2022 12:01 am

Lets blow out these bums in game 6 and send Doc Rivers to the Lakers.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#766 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 12, 2022 12:44 am

Heat_Down_Under wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:If we don’t win the next game it’s going to be too much pressure at home and we might lose game 7. Must close this out in 6 and gain confidence that we can win away against a good team in the play offs

I swear some of our fans are afraid of everything. This is sports ladies. Nothing worth it ever comes easy or handed to you. You have to work hard for it & persevere through obstacles. Pressure & being able to handle it is a big part of sports & is what separates the greats from others. If we can handle it then we don't deserve anything. It's what makes Championships so special. Nothing wrong w/ a gm7 nail biter to put some hairs on your chest & clear the sinuses

Says the majority of the fans who wanted a “favourable bracket” lol.. so yeah we should lose next game, just so we can have a nail biter at home and get another label that we can’t win away vs good teams… makes sense continue..

Msg maintains also for those that wanted an easy route these playoffs - nothing easy. My thinking is more in line w/ the organisation seeing as we didn't tank to get lower seed to get favourable match ups. We did not give a f*ck & were up for the challenge.

Be good to end it it in gm6 but embrace the challenge of a potential gm7. And why are we always worried about what people think of us? Who gives a hoot. Other peoples opinions is not a priority....a Championship is.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Heat_Down_Under
Analyst
And1: 4,031

Post#767 » by Heat_Down_Under » Thu May 12, 2022 12:48 am

3ballbomber wrote:
Heat_Down_Under wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
I swear some of our fans are afraid of everything. This is sports ladies. Nothing worth it ever comes easy or handed to you. You have to work hard for it & persevere through obstacles. Pressure & being able to handle it is a big part of sports & is what separates the greats from others. If we can handle it then we don't deserve anything. It's what makes Championships so special. Nothing wrong w/ a gm7 nail biter to put some hairs on your chest & clear the sinuses

Says the majority of the fans who wanted a “favourable bracket” lol.. so yeah we should lose next game, just so we can have a nail biter at home and get another label that we can’t win away vs good teams… makes sense continue..

Msg maintains also for those that wanted an easy route these playoffs - nothing easy. My thinking is more in line w/ the organisation seeing as we didn't tank to get lower seed to get favourable match ups. We did not give a f*ck & were up for the challenge.

Be good to end it it in gm6 but embrace the challenge of a potential gm7. And why are we always worried about what people think of us? Who gives a hoot. Other peoples opinions is not a priority....a Championship is.

Agreed.. I was one to want to face the best teams I never wanted a favorable bracket
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#768 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 12, 2022 12:48 am

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:All this talk about Herro...

He's averaging 16 ppg on 58% TS this series. Yes that's down from his RS volume but our pace this series is substantially lower and he's getting 12 fga vs 17 in the RS. His volume is also deflated from only getting 22 mins and 8 fga last night due to it being such a blowout

His volume is ALSO deflated from him having to play more of a quasi-PG role with Lowry out. He's not always playing with a pure SG shoot-first mentality. It's not ideal for Herro at this stage of his career

His volume is yet again ALSO deflated from Philly throwing their kitchen sink at him. He's commanding a crazy amount of defensive attention for a 22yo coming off the bench, to the point where Philly is playing the offensively unplayable Thybulle and matching him up with Herro's mins. Apparently Philly believes as I do; that Miami's halfcourt offense can be clamped if Herro isn't scoring efficiently. But regardless of whether Herro is actually scoring, that defensive attention benefits every Heat player Herro shares the court with

And this is just my eye test, but Herro seems to be doing decent defensively overall. At the very least he's making the effort. I've yet to see him effectively hunted for any sustained stretch

All that said, he's looked frustratingly bad at certain times but ask yourself when exactly that's happened. He has a TS% of 58 and coming into last night he was 43% on 3s for a team that's been absolutely desperate for 3pt shooting. So it hasn't been his shooting that's looked bad. For me, it's two things: 1) the quasi-PG thing. He's looked indecisive at times and has committed some egregious turnovers (even though he only has 9 TOs in 5 games). They've just been really bad TOs where you're wondering wtf was he thinking. So I dunno, perhaps he's looked worse than he's actually been. 2) would be his variance. Played great the first 2 at home, bad the second 2 on the road (Gm5 was a blowout that isn't too informative). I guess it's a good thing we have HCA throughout the EC playoffs

Now I'm not saying Herro has performed like an allstar, but this idea that he's had some kind of disastrous series is just false if you're going by the numbers and what's actually happening on the court

Herro's washed up now. Let's continue discussing diff trade scenarios mid playoffs
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#769 » by KingDavid » Thu May 12, 2022 4:11 am

AirP. wrote:FYI, not sure others had seen this but I just happened to stumble onto some stats I was not aware of... splits of shooting on NBA.com. It categorizes each shot and also has links to the videos of each particular shot. Since I was looking at Herro, here's Herro's page, this is more about the types of stats then it being Herro. This seems like it'll be an incredible resource to go back and review specific games for specific players.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629639/shooting?SeasonType=Playoffs

That's incredible. He needs to do WAY more floaters and pull up midrange jump shots. Damn. He's gotta run P&R w/Bam.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,552

Post#770 » by AirP. » Thu May 12, 2022 1:56 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:Nitpicking Herro is amusing. He’s a supporting piece, who’s had some moments, and some struggles. Very typical for a young ascending player. Nowhere close to his peak as a player. He’s had to adjust to some increased defensive attention and some traps. The postseason sample isn’t large enough for me to make a determination on his future yet either. He’s already exceeded the expectations of that of a 14th overall pick. Sheesh.

The issue at least on this board seems to be how many times we've had to hear hand Herro the MAX and/or hand the franchise over to Bam and Herro. This is where the pushback has come against Herro on this board and why people point out his shortcomings. Me, I like Herro as a scoring 6th man although I did like his role better his first year but he's tried to expand his game vs being a high level catch and shoot player who doesn't sweat the pressure of the situation but I'm going to point out his flaws when so many people treat him like an untouchable franchise player.

Also, I saw the same thing on the Minnesota board the Butler years with a bunch of their posters talking about Wiggins and how he was much better then Butler(Wiggins put up just under 24 ppg at age 21), that franchise's owner did give Wiggins the max(what an odd situation that was) and had to give up a lottery pick to move that contract a couple years later.

Return to Miami Heat