ImageImageImage

Favorite/ Weird Shots

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Favorite/ Weird Shots 

Post#1 » by benhillboy » Fri May 13, 2022 6:57 pm

I’m fascinated with the Heat because they have so many hallmarks that can be counted upon. Everybody screens, everybody cuts, everyone sprints, everyone stays in front (or tries their damndest, sorry Tyler and Duncan).

Throughout the front office to the end of the bench everyone is skewed toward the defensive end, as championship organizations should be. But here are a few of my favorite or more interesting shots in the Heat offensive repertoire:

PJ Cut under the basket behind poor defender (ie Harden). So demoralizing for the defense. The least skilled player on the floor getting the easiest shot possible.

VO AKA Baba 22.5 footer.
They say it’s the worst shot in basketball. Don’t tell that to Vic and Derozan. When a rhythm player feels it you can’t argue (but you better make it)

Dedmon short floater near the dotted circle.
It’s a roll of the dice when Ded attacks a close out. Will he make the proper pass if he draws a helper, commit a charge, or get the short floater to fall in? It’s always best when the latter happens. He usually makes a great defensive play following on the other end.

Everyone’s baseline floater that’s hard af.
Everyone does this except Ded. Of course Tyler has the best touch but Gabe can get nice as well from 10-12 feet. Great weapon for the undersized PJ and Bam. They all make it look so much easier than it is. There are whole teams who don’t have any players comfortable on the baseline smh.

Not a single shot but series of them: B2B Max Jacks
I’d like to see the Heat record when he makes a three on back to back possessions. I know it’s something stupid like 30-3.

Return to Miami Heat