ImageImageImage

Tattoos?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,649

Tattoos? 

Post#1 » by benhillboy » Fri May 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Please I mean no offense to anyone who has them but they’re ridiculous. I just realized no one on the Heat really has any visible ones that I can think of. Just another reason why I love this team, they don’t look like Hell’s Angels or a Latin prison gang. Some of the softest players in the league have arm sleeves and fully covered necks.

This can’t be a coincidence. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alonzo sternly steers Heat players away from even thinking about getting them, or even getting existing ones removed. They likely hated LeBron’s appearance in a Heat uniform and want to put the clamps on any future player presenting himself that way. The Heat value a masculine, adult manner as opposed to what most of the league does. I’m actually surprised the players aren’t required to wear a suit and shirt when on the bench out of uniform but I’m an admitted 40 year old geezer at this point. Millennials and gen Zers fire away.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Re: Tattoos? 

Post#2 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 13, 2022 11:37 pm

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#3 » by Wiltside » Fri May 13, 2022 11:50 pm

Herro has some too, and let’s not forget we employed The Birdman for a couple seasons :laugh:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#4 » by gom » Sun May 15, 2022 2:13 am

Birdman was quite a canvas.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#5 » by 3ballbomber » Sun May 15, 2022 4:06 am

benhillboy wrote:Please I mean no offense to anyone who has them but they’re ridiculous. I just realized no one on the Heat really has any visible ones that I can think of. Just another reason why I love this team, they don’t look like Hell’s Angels or a Latin prison gang. Some of the softest players in the league have arm sleeves and fully covered necks.

This can’t be a coincidence. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alonzo sternly steers Heat players away from even thinking about getting them, or even getting existing ones removed. They likely hated LeBron’s appearance in a Heat uniform and want to put the clamps on any future player presenting himself that way. The Heat value a masculine, adult manner as opposed to what most of the league does. I’m actually surprised the players aren’t required to wear a suit and shirt when on the bench out of uniform but I’m an admitted 40 year old geezer at this point. Millennials and gen Zers fire away.

Age ain't an excuse for you opinion. Your views about people w/ Tatts & bikies/prison gangs is quite ignorant & antiquated. I'm a 44yo father w/ tattoos. I've raised 3 great kids, one of which play high level representative basketball, whom I have trained & coached myself. I'm a coach/skills trainer. The kids think I'm cool as hell :wink:

Miami is all about character, leadership, work ethic & skills. I'm certain they could care less how you look if you possess those qualities. Most likely they hated Lebron's's lack of ethics, loyalty & toughness before his appearance.

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,715

Post#6 » by twozeroMM » Sun May 15, 2022 1:09 pm

Not that I agree with you, because I love tattoos when they're done tastefully. But you might be on to something with the organization. Look at how Wade got tatted up once he retired and never during his tenure with us. Could be something there.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,839

Post#7 » by Tony15 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Well sir thank God Miami laxed their standards on that front.....last thing I'd want to be as an organization is high brow. We're not in a cathedral, it's sports for **** sake. Results & character are the only things I value in this arena, & this obsession with trying to cater to a certain segment of society is a joke. Not to say how you present yourself is irrelevant, but you'd be doing yourself a severe disservice placing too much value on it in this space.

Also curious why you associate lack of tattoo as masculine/adult. Got a lot of homie's in my circle who are great fathers to their children, loyal to their wives/girlfriends, great providers, & engaged in activities outside their workplace. All got tattoos up & down and exhibit the masculine/adult traits I outlined earlier. One's got nothin' to do with the other bro.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,009

Post#8 » by Rapaz » Mon May 16, 2022 2:53 am

So many options, and OP goes full Heatler

viewtopic.php?p=98812254#p98812254
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,574

Post#9 » by ajones9219 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:38 am

lol what is this thread? Is op a million years old?
gom

Post#10 » by gom » Mon May 16, 2022 6:17 am

Tattoos can be very illustrative, especially in the right location.

gom

Post#11 » by gom » Mon May 16, 2022 6:19 am

This is great. There are even directions!

gom

Post#12 » by gom » Mon May 16, 2022 6:22 am

ajones9219 wrote:lol what is this thread? Is op a million years old?

I think benhillboy is in his 40s. 1/3 of people in that age group have tattoos. Birdman is in that age group: 43.

MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,071

Post#13 » by MorbidHEAT » Mon May 16, 2022 8:39 am

benhillboy wrote:Please I mean no offense to anyone who has them but they’re ridiculous. I just realized no one on the Heat really has any visible ones that I can think of. Just another reason why I love this team, they don’t look like Hell’s Angels or a Latin prison gang. Some of the softest players in the league have arm sleeves and fully covered necks.

This is a foolish post. Udonis Haslem? PJ Tucker? Markief?

Mike Miller? Lebron? Birdman? Beasley? Dion Waiters? James Johnson? Dequean Cook? Caron Butler? Brian Grant? Shaq? Jason Williams? Rashard Lewis? Amare Stoudemire? Dorrell Wright? Any of those names ring a bell? Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head that have visible tattoos to varying degrees that have passed through the Heat at one point.

Being 40 is kind of a ridiculous excuse. I am approaching 40...the difference between us is that I don't have the opinion of an 80 year old.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,934

Post#14 » by dshearn » Mon May 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Eh, we got a dude with a butterfly ankle tattoo
kcktiny
Senior
And1: 432

Post#15 » by kcktiny » Wed May 18, 2022 1:38 am

Greatest line was when Chris Webber was doing the TV commentary on a Heat game and he called Chris Andersen "the human coloring book".

Return to Miami Heat