ImageImageImage

Traveling to Miami for the game

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Traveling to Miami for the game 

Post#1 » by GWVan » Mon May 16, 2022 11:51 am

Yes, I'm a Celtics fan, but please be gentle.

The possibility of an ECF game is too good to pass on so I'm going to take the afternoon off and drive down Thursday.
Recommendations on places to stay/eat? Is the Metro the smart way to get to and from the arena?

Thanks in advance
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,163

Re: Traveling to Miami for the game 

Post#2 » by Heat3 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Public transport sucks here dude. Maybe an uber will be better. I’d just rent a car for the afternoon :lol:

Across the street from the arena is Bayside. Lots of shops and restaurants. You can eat there then stroll across the street to see the game.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,898

Post#3 » by eddieheatfan » Mon May 16, 2022 2:02 pm

GWVan wrote:Yes, I'm a Celtics fan, but please be gentle.

The possibility of an ECF game is too good to pass on so I'm going to take the afternoon off and drive down Thursday.
Recommendations on places to stay/eat? Is the Metro the smart way to get to and from the arena?

Thanks in advance
how's your budget? :lol:
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#4 » by gom » Mon May 16, 2022 2:17 pm

Stay in the Betsy if you don't care about money. Go to Ocean Drive and (adjacent) S. Beach. Uber to the Arena. Eat at Joe's (or Prime One if you hate stone crab.)

Stay here if you prefer to spend the hotel money on other entertainment:

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/entity/CgoItNqeh_irmZg3EAE

Booking.com has it for about $90. It's comfortable and a great location.

Wynwood District (couple miles north of the arena) is a warehouse district with art & music & food & drinks. No longer off the beaten track, but very pleasant.

Is Churchill's still closed?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
GWVan
Analyst

Post#5 » by GWVan » Mon May 16, 2022 3:46 pm

gom wrote:Stay in the Betsy if you don't care about money. Go to Ocean Drive and (adjacent) S. Beach. Uber to the Arena. Eat at Joe's (or Prime One if you hate stone crab.)

Wynwood District (couple miles north of the arena) is a warehouse district with art & music & food & drinks. No longer off the beaten track, but very pleasant.

Impala is perfect, thanks. Moneys not a big problem but I'm just going to sleep for 4 or 5 hours after the game and drive home. Rather spend the money on a good seat. How bad is parking around there?

How hard will getting an uber be after the game?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#6 » by gom » Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 pm

GWVan wrote:
gom wrote:Stay in the Betsy if you don't care about money. Go to Ocean Drive and (adjacent) S. Beach. Uber to the Arena. Eat at Joe's (or Prime One if you hate stone crab.)

Impala is perfect, thanks. Moneys not a big problem but I'm just going to sleep for 4 or 5 hours after the game and drive home. Rather spend the money on a good seat. How bad is parking around there?

I strongly recommend not rushing back to Boston to see the Celtics' last two games of the season. Just stay in S. Florida and enjoy yourself. Don't be a masochist.

If you wait an hour after the game, the big crowds are mostly gone. Time is your friend.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Dainis
Junior
And1: 331

Post#7 » by Dainis » Mon May 16, 2022 7:01 pm

If Miami advances to the final, I will drag my ass across the **** Atlantic ocean to watch a Heat game.
GWVan
Analyst

Post#8 » by GWVan » Mon May 16, 2022 7:42 pm

gom wrote:
GWVan wrote:

I strongly recommend not rushing back to Boston to see the Celtics' last two games of the season. Just stay in S. Florida and enjoy yourself. Don't be a masochist.

If you wait an hour after the game, the big crowds are mostly gone. Time is your friend.

I only have to go back to Daytona, so no big deal. I have other commitments, otherwise I would wait until game 5 so that I could see the Celtics wrap the series up :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#9 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon May 16, 2022 7:50 pm

I always Airbnb it in Miami, but you may end up staying in Haileah by accident. Don't bother me, but some may feel uncomfortable. Also, found some decent places a block or so from South Beach.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,898

Post#10 » by eddieheatfan » Tue May 17, 2022 12:48 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I always Airbnb it in Miami, but you may end up staying in Haileah by accident. Don't bother me, but some may feel uncomfortable. Also, found some decent places a block or so from South Beach.

la ciudad que progresa :lol: :lol:

the east side of the city is **** the west side is better, i know i used to live there

Return to Miami Heat