ImageImageImage

Saltics @ Heat - 8:30pm - Tuesday - Game 1

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,008

Re: Saltics @ Heat - 8:30pm - Tuesday - Game 1 

Post#1241 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Shewasfly wrote:Last thing on the Bam topic. I think what’s happening is that some of us are calling out what is wrong regardless of the outcome of the game, while some of us are banking on the fact that “well it’s working” and refusing to call a spade a spade because we are winning inspite of the deficiencies.

10 and 4 from my max player in the ECF is not going to cut it for me. I don’t care what kind of otherworldly defense we’re resulting to pretending he has all by himself that no one else on the team is also contributing to while still providing value on offense.

I personally don’t even like the Draymond comparisons anymore either because that is giving Bam way more credit than what he deserves for what he does on offense right now. Dray is damn near a floor general for the Warriors on not just defense but also offense. I hope we are not to the extent of delusion where we are pretending Bam is anywhere near a floor general for us on that end.

On another note: where the heck do these injuries come from? Now all of a sudden Gabe is questionable to with a hammy too? Hope it’s just posturing.

So Bams not at the top of the key damn near every play initiating the offense through DHOs and screens at an almost non stop rate? When Bam slips/rolls and receives the ball he’s not looking to score if open or kick the ball out if the defense collapses? You just have to watch the games to see this, idk if you all aren’t understanding what you’re watching or what the case is with that. Maybe you didnt play and don’t understand the Xs and Os very well. That’s ok but we’re literally running majority of the offense through him at the top of the key outside of a Jimmy or Herro isolation

Come on now, is he as good of a passer as Draymond? Maybe not, but he’s a top 3 at worst floor general on offense on our team, debatably 2nd to Lowry and the defense revolves around how versatile he is.
#FreeBam
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,030

Post#1242 » by 3ballbomber » Wed May 18, 2022 11:10 pm

gom wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
gom wrote:
I am kind of interested how Spoelstra might use him, assuming he quits Boston and comes to Miami, like many of the really great players do.

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,656

Post#1243 » by benhillboy » Wed May 18, 2022 11:30 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Last thing on the Bam topic. I think what’s happening is that some of us are calling out what is wrong regardless of the outcome of the game, while some of us are banking on the fact that “well it’s working” and refusing to call a spade a spade because we are winning inspite of the deficiencies.

10 and 4 from my max player in the ECF is not going to cut it for me. I don’t care what kind of otherworldly defense we’re resulting to pretending he has all by himself that no one else on the team is also contributing to while still providing value on offense.

I personally don’t even like the Draymond comparisons anymore either because that is giving Bam way more credit than what he deserves for what he does on offense right now. Dray is damn near a floor general for the Warriors on not just defense but also offense. I hope we are not to the extent of delusion where we are pretending Bam is anywhere near a floor general for us on that end.

On another note: where the heck do these injuries come from? Now all of a sudden Gabe is questionable to with a hammy too? Hope it’s just posturing.

So Bams not at the top of the key damn near every play initiating the offense through DHOs and screens at an almost non stop rate? When Bam slips/rolls and receives the ball he’s not looking to score if open or kick the ball out if the defense collapses? You just have to watch the games to see this, idk if you all aren’t understanding what you’re watching or what the case is with that. Maybe you didnt play and don’t understand the Xs and Os very well. That’s ok but we’re literally running majority of the offense through him at the top of the key outside of a Jimmy or Herro isolation

Come on now, is he as good of a passer as Draymond? Maybe not, but he’s a top 3 at worst floor general on offense on our team, debatably 2nd to Lowry and the defense revolves around how versatile he is.

It’s why I had to break away from Hawks fans, raw stats are so overrated by a majority of fans while not understanding a players 5-man impact. They love them some Trae young and have the most absurd excuses for him committing more turns than field goals made in the series when the Heat exposed every gaping hole in his game I been telling them about since his rookie campaign.

I consider myself a pretty shrewd NBA fan. Shrewd enough to know Spo and Pat obsess over basketball more than any of us obsess over anything and questioning them is way above our pay grade lol. This ain’t Daryl Morey and Mike D’Antoni attaching their careers to some jester who doesn’t even know how to cut or communicate. They may know the best method in which to deploy Bam short and long term.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1244 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 18, 2022 11:35 pm

benhillboy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

It’s why I had to break away from Hawks fans, raw stats are so overrated by a majority of fans while not understanding a players 5-man impact.

I consider myself a pretty shrewd NBA fan. Shrewd enough to know Spo and Pat obsess over basketball more than any of us obsess over anything and questioning them is way above our pay grade lol. This ain’t Daryl Morey and Mike D’Antoni attaching their careers to some jester who doesn’t even know how to cut or communicate. They may know the best method in which to deploy Bam short and long term.

Read on Twitter

And then our best player and the best player we’ve seen in the playoffs this year says this and we are STILL bitching and moaning about him and nitpicking every little thing we see after a double digit win lol. It’s just baffling to me but that’s just the casual basketball mind for you I guess. I promise you there’s so much more to the game than what the box score says.
#FreeBam
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#1245 » by harlem_ball » Wed May 18, 2022 11:37 pm

This is exactly what it is. If we are winning, the score is strong and the defense formidable, there is no issue with it.

The end.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#1246 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:34 am

You’re not wrong. At this point we can only hope it doesn’t come back to bite us in the worst way.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,030

Post#1247 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 19, 2022 12:52 am

oreon wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Good thing we weren't on the road then. And did win with Bam doing exactly what he was doing. Let's see how the road games look before prescribing one formula for every situation. Every single playoff game is different and calls for its own solutions.

Great post.

He can score 0 for all I care as long as we win because you know he’s going to have a huge impact on the game/win elsewhere. He can go for 20+ on any given night, he’ll he goes for 30+ pretty consistently any time the team is hobbled with Jimmy, Lowry, etc. out. Yes he can do those things, we’ve seen it, but that is clearly not the scheme when the team is at full strength. Spo is using him as a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic Draymond and we’re the 1st seed, 9-3 in the playoffs, and have been the most dominant playoff team by a wide margin. Whatever adjustment Spo made is working for the team as a whole and the players understand his importance as we saw with Jimmys post game comments.

That's fair. But we can also admit Bam and Herro have played far below expectations. Bam more specifically because he got paid max because Heat thought he could a top 10 or top 15 player on both ends. Two seasons ago in the previous Celtics series Bam was the best player in that series on both ends. Thats the guy the Heat paid for and assumed he would get better. And Bam being a better scorer won't take away from Butler or from Spo schemes. It would help, because Butler could pace himself more if he had another guy he can count on to get buckets.
The team is winning but I am not going to pretend like Bam has been great. I thought he'd give more. And long term as Butler ages, the Heat would need to find another plan B as who is going to lead the franchise. From what we've seen this series and last season, its unlikely a core of Bam & Herro can carry a team as Butler gets older

Bam simply wldn't cop this much criticism if he wasn't a max player. Go play your D & not look to be aggressive on offence we won't give a damn as he's not eating up money we can use on somebody else. We'd feel fortunate to have him as a role player. Then hearing him constantly tell the media he needs to be aggressive won't be as frustrating.

I keep hearing in spite of Bam not scoring we're still winning. I won't argue w/ that but imagine how better we would be if Bam averaged even just 15ppg. Jimmy wouldn't be out there needing to drop 30+ a gm. It wld increase our chances of not only taking the East but winning a Championship.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,761

Post#1248 » by Shewasfly » Thu May 19, 2022 1:25 am

benhillboy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

It’s why I had to break away from Hawks fans, raw stats are so overrated by a majority of fans while not understanding a players 5-man impact. They love them some Trae young and have the most absurd excuses for him committing more turns than field goals made in the series when the Heat exposed every gaping hole in his game I been telling them about since his rookie campaign.

No one is questioning Spo or Riley (At least not on this issue). We’re questioning Bam Adeybayo and his play specifically on offense.
:tiredJB:
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Saltics @ Heat - 8:30pm - Tuesday - Game 1 

Post#1249 » by HEATVols865 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:31 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

The I played basketball in high school so I know better than y’all post. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#1250 » by Shewasfly » Thu May 19, 2022 1:34 am

Kobewade11 wrote:

You’re not wrong. At this point we can only hope it doesn’t come back to bite us in the worst way.

Yeah I want my team to keep winning lol. So I’m not looking for an “I told you so” moment, where Bam’s offense leads to negative outcomes (losing) and they can no longer keep pretending. Just at least putting the truth out there. Because I was seeing too much sugar coating and lying frankly.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#1251 » by Shewasfly » Thu May 19, 2022 1:35 am

3ballbomber wrote:
oreon wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Great post.

He can score 0 for all I care as long as we win because you know he’s going to have a huge impact on the game/win elsewhere. He can go for 20+ on any given night, he’ll he goes for 30+ pretty consistently any time the team is hobbled with Jimmy, Lowry, etc. out. Yes he can do those things, we’ve seen it, but that is clearly not the scheme when the team is at full strength. Spo is using him as a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic Draymond and we’re the 1st seed, 9-3 in the playoffs, and have been the most dominant playoff team by a wide margin. Whatever adjustment Spo made is working for the team as a whole and the players understand his importance as we saw with Jimmys post game comments.

That's fair. But we can also admit Bam and Herro have played far below expectations. Bam more specifically because he got paid max because Heat thought he could a top 10 or top 15 player on both ends. Two seasons ago in the previous Celtics series Bam was the best player in that series on both ends. Thats the guy the Heat paid for and assumed he would get better. And Bam being a better scorer won't take away from Butler or from Spo schemes. It would help, because Butler could pace himself more if he had another guy he can count on to get buckets.
The team is winning but I am not going to pretend like Bam has been great. I thought he'd give more. And long term as Butler ages, the Heat would need to find another plan B as who is going to lead the franchise. From what we've seen this series and last season, its unlikely a core of Bam & Herro can carry a team as Butler gets older

Bam simply wldn't cop this much criticism if he wasn't a max player. Go play your D & not look to be aggressive on offence we won't give a damn as he's not eating up money we can use on somebody else. We'd feel fortunate to have him as a role player. Then hearing him constantly tell the media he needs to be aggressive won't be as frustrating.

I keep hearing in spite of Bam not scoring we're still winning. I won't argue w/ that but imagine how better we would be if Bam averaged even just 15ppg. Jimmy wouldn't be out there needing to drop 30+ a gm. It wld increase our chances of not only taking the East but winning a Championship.

Exactly.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1252 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 am

We have the best offense and defense of the final 4 teams and y’all are crying :lol:

You all must know more than Jimmy, Spo, and Pat.

We can only hope to god a media member asks Spo postgame why Bam only took 5 shots in a double digit win so he can educate you all
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,853

Post#1253 » by AirP. » Thu May 19, 2022 2:01 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:The pass is literally right there to make lol, Bams hands don’t matter they’re making eye contact and he’s wide open. Idk, I would throw it to my wide-open big man who is the 3rd leading scorer on the team if I saw him wide open under the basket.

Don't get me wrong, Vincent has a big part in this but he's not really a PG, he's a smaller combo guard that likes to score, not create for others but like I've tried to mention, the players have been conditioned to who to pass to and who not to pass to through practices, scrimmages and games. Why do you think a great defensive team like Boston would even allowed Bam to be open near the basket and it's not the first time this great Boston defense was fine giving Bam the whole lane, they understand he sometimes won't even look at the basket even if he has a wide open lane... Here's the 1st possessions of the March 30th game, Horford isn't a dumb defender but he's studied Bam's scouting report and knows it's usually highly unlikely Bam is going to look to score so as a defender Horford can concentrate on defending other players then worrying about Bam. With that said, if Bam gets some easy scores when they're given it can help his teammates by making defenders have to worry about helping against him. Lowry is a smart PG, Lowry has also been reading the scouting report on Bam for years and knows what teams are willing to give up to him and it seems this play caught Boston completely by surprise, especially since something like it could have happened the very 1st possession of the ECF. There are randomly missed assignments and then their or patterns of how a team(s) defend a player because they know they can get away with it to make it tougher on the other 4 players on the court.

Read on Twitter

I'm never fine with just winning because when you get complacent, that's where you can fall behind or let others catch up with you, you can always get better, especially when you have weaknesses that can be fixed. It's why I talk about Herro so much because it's simple decisions he makes that limits how good he could be or why I've been talking about Butler needing to work on his 3ball again to help his teammates with spacing. Why should Herro attack the basket, suck in the defense only to kick it out to Butler and him not take a wide open 3?

I do remember a couple years ago Butler was even daring Bam to shoot 3s by betting him he wouldn't take a 3pt shot each game but yeah, Bam doesn't really care about getting better(much like you talk about) as long as their winning. Who cares if he could be a monster by year 7, he's limiting himself because the amount their winning is good enough.

Read on Twitter

“Yeah, he’s making me a bet,” Adebayo said. “It’s whatever. As long as we keep winning, I don’t really care about that.”

Adebayo did make a slight protestation about losing the bet Friday against the Wizards. Adebayo claims he was open in the corner for a three while Butler had the ball. The star wing, Adebayo said, simply didn’t pass him the ball.

“I was in the corner, so does he owe me?” Adebayo said. “I was open. He just didn’t pass it.”

Joked Butler: “If you see him wide open in the corner and I don’t throw him the ball, you know it’s because I don’t want to give him $500.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article238136209.html

Plain and simple... if Bam would work on being better offensively maybe he could be WAY BETTER than just being a great defensive player.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1254 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 19, 2022 3:24 am

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:The pass is literally right there to make lol, Bams hands don’t matter they’re making eye contact and he’s wide open. Idk, I would throw it to my wide-open big man who is the 3rd leading scorer on the team if I saw him wide open under the basket.

Don't get me wrong, Vincent has a big part in this but he's not really a PG, he's a smaller combo guard that likes to score, not create for others but like I've tried to mention, the players have been conditioned to who to pass to and who not to pass to through practices, scrimmages and games. Why do you think a great defensive team like Boston would even allowed Bam to be open near the basket and it's not the first time this great Boston defense was fine giving Bam the whole lane, they understand he sometimes won't even look at the basket even if he has a wide open lane... Here's the 1st possessions of the March 30th game, Horford isn't a dumb defender but he's studied Bam's scouting report and knows it's usually highly unlikely Bam is going to look to score so as a defender Horford can concentrate on defending other players then worrying about Bam. With that said, if Bam gets some easy scores when they're given it can help his teammates by making defenders have to worry about helping against him. Lowry is a smart PG, Lowry has also been reading the scouting report on Bam for years and knows what teams are willing to give up to him and it seems this play caught Boston completely by surprise, especially since something like it could have happened the very 1st possession of the ECF. There are randomly missed assignments and then their or patterns of how a team(s) defend a player because they know they can get away with it to make it tougher on the other 4 players on the court.

Read on Twitter

I'm never fine with just winning because when you get complacent, that's where you can fall behind or let others catch up with you, you can always get better, especially when you have weaknesses that can be fixed. It's why I talk about Herro so much because it's simple decisions he makes that limits how good he could be or why I've been talking about Butler needing to work on his 3ball again to help his teammates with spacing. Why should Herro attack the basket, suck in the defense only to kick it out to Butler and him not take a wide open 3?

I do remember a couple years ago Butler was even daring Bam to shoot 3s by betting him he wouldn't take a 3pt shot each game but yeah, Bam doesn't really care about getting better(much like you talk about) as long as their winning. Who cares if he could be a monster by year 7, he's limiting himself because the amount their winning is good enough.

Read on Twitter

“Yeah, he’s making me a bet,” Adebayo said. “It’s whatever. As long as we keep winning, I don’t really care about that.”

Adebayo did make a slight protestation about losing the bet Friday against the Wizards. Adebayo claims he was open in the corner for a three while Butler had the ball. The star wing, Adebayo said, simply didn’t pass him the ball.

“I was in the corner, so does he owe me?” Adebayo said. “I was open. He just didn’t pass it.”

Joked Butler: “If you see him wide open in the corner and I don’t throw him the ball, you know it’s because I don’t want to give him $500.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article238136209.html

Plain and simple... if Bam would work on being better offensively maybe he could be WAY BETTER than just being a great defensive player.

Don’t put words in my mouth now, I’ve never said Bam doesn’t need to improve and I’ve Harped on him still being young and having time to grow into a bigger offensive role if that’s what Spo and Pat want and what’s best for the team.

Bam has improved. He’s shot 43% on jump shots this year on over 300 attempts. Let’s hope he adds more this summer.
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,853

Post#1255 » by AirP. » Thu May 19, 2022 3:43 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Don’t put words in my mouth now, I’ve never said Bam doesn’t need to improve and I’ve Harped on him still being young and having time to grow into a bigger offensive role if that’s what Spo and Pat want and what’s best for the team.

Bam has improved. He’s shot 43% on jump shots this year on over 300 attempts. Let’s hope he adds more this summer.

Fair, but in an era we've watched non shooters become decent 3pt shooters somewhat routinely, there's zero reason for Bam to not have gotten better at other aspects of his game, especially at shooting 3s when his teammate(Butler) has been talking about Bam needing to take 3s for multiple years now. Just taking normal everyday shooting practice will make you better through time with muscle memory, but learning new moves or skills is much tougher to do, you have to decide what moves you need to be more effective and then work hard on those new skills. I don't think Bam prioritizes offense all that much, he's just built different which is probably why he's so good defensively.

I did find it odd that Butler was pushing Bam as a 3pt shooter when he himself wasn't shooting 3s although he saw himself as a facilitator until Miami brought in a real facilitating PG. I actually believe Spoelstra pushed Bam to be a facilitator in the offense to make him more of an offensive factor but over time teams don't worry too much about him when he has the ball since he sometimes doesn't even consider looking to see if there's an opportunity for him to get an easy score.

Overall, what I'm saying is there's a tremendous opportunity for Bam to be a much better player and make the Heat a much better team but I don't think he prioritizes his offense much at all, he's got to have teammates push him and I think that's a big reason Lowry; was brought in, not only to give Miami a good vet PG who can facilitate but a vet who will push Bam to be a better offensive option.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1256 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 19, 2022 4:07 am

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Don’t put words in my mouth now, I’ve never said Bam doesn’t need to improve and I’ve Harped on him still being young and having time to grow into a bigger offensive role if that’s what Spo and Pat want and what’s best for the team.

Fair, but in an era we've watched non shooters become decent 3pt shooters somewhat routinely, there's zero reason for Bam to not have gotten better at other aspects of his game, especially at shooting 3s when his teammate(Butler) has been talking about Bam needing to take 3s for multiple years now. Just taking normal everyday shooting practice will make you better through time with muscle memory, but learning new moves or skills is much tougher to do, you have to decide what moves you need to be more effective and then work hard on those new skills. I don't think Bam prioritizes offense all that much, he's just built different which is probably why he's so good defensively.

I did find it odd that Butler was pushing Bam as a 3pt shooter when he himself wasn't shooting 3s although he saw himself as a facilitator until Miami brought in a real facilitating PG. I actually believe Spoelstra pushed Bam to be a facilitator in the offense to make him more of an offensive factor but over time teams don't worry too much about him when he has the ball since he sometimes doesn't even consider looking to see if there's an opportunity for him to get an easy score.

Overall, what I'm saying is there's a tremendous opportunity for Bam to be a much better player and make the Heat a much better team but I don't think he prioritizes his offense much at all, he's got to have teammates push him and I think that's a big reason Lowry; was brought in, not only to give Miami a good vet PG who can facilitate but a vet who will push Bam to be a better offensive option.

And see I had thought the same when we brought Lowry in and we had seen quotes from Bam and Riley saying he was going to be a flat out scorer and now it seems Spo must’ve had a different idea because he just spams DHOs all the time. Idk. I’d love to see him get 18 shots a night and average 25-12-4 but right now I guess it’s not in the cards.

I’d like to see him attempting corner 3s by next season at minimum
#FreeBam
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#1257 » by Vertical Limit » Fri May 20, 2022 12:08 am

Today Bam shows up and wins the game for us. Bam and Tyler to have big games, our three point shooting will be around 40%. Butler with a high assist/rebound game, and probably 18 points.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#1258 » by Vertical Limit » Fri May 20, 2022 12:30 am

All the espn clowns picked the celtics to win.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#1259 » by La Flame » Fri May 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
La Flame wrote:Lol I checked the Heat board for the first time and it so dead over there, especially compared to ours. Actually most boards don't seem that active, is there a statistic on the fanbase representation on realgm just wondering?

Lame ass boston fans talking greasy on their board btw. Stalking us like a bunch of creeps

:D

Return to Miami Heat