ImageImageImage

Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Re: Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#1601 » by Shewasfly » Sun May 21, 2023 5:13 am

oreon wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Is it wrong to say that game 3 is a must win for us now that Denver has won tonight?

In combination with not wanting to give the Celtics ANY shred of life or hope, if we’re to make it to the finals, we don’t want Denver more well rested and with more time to prepare.

I wouldn't say must win. But Heat need to finish this in 4 or 5. We need as less miles on Butler as possible. We would be massive underdogs for us to pull of upset, Butler and Bam gonna have to play 40 mins. And Butler is gonna have to go nuclear. So less miles on these 2 the better. If it goes 6 or 7, I don't think we would have a chance in finals

I say its a must win because if they get game 3, then all the pressure is back on us. I know our role players keep coming up big whenever challenged so far, but its still not a position I want them in. So for that reason alone I feel like its a must win for us to get game 3.

But just like I said last game, I'm going to trust in Jimmy to go for blood and get the kill shot next game. And of course Spo will continue this semester of his masterclass. I'd be crazy happy if Bam came through and went big to bring us the win next game actually.
:tiredJB:
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Re: Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#1602 » by Shewasfly » Sun May 21, 2023 5:17 am

Umbooki wrote:Assuming we make it to The Finals, I’m in no position to doubt this team. Nnamdi alone had made me look stupid more times than I can count.

Muck around and he’ll have Murray in Hell. Basketball is weird.

He's definitely had some big Nnamdi moments! Had quite a few Gabe ones too though :nonono:
All in all, he's giving all you could expect from a player like him. Still would be fine to see him leave if an overpay is the other option, but he's been solid. Strus too.

The real standouts have been Caleb and honestly Duncan. HE has had us all, me included, eating all the crap we've talked about him the past 2 seasons lol.
:tiredJB:
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#1603 » by ShulaDon92 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:07 pm

At least LeBrando / LeWhistle got to the Western finals. His resume is stacked.

Lakers stay cooked tho.

-SHULA
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#1604 » by GopherIt! » Mon May 22, 2023 7:11 am

saltdicks & LeFakers both down 0-3.

fanbases in shambles.

Spoiler:
I AM McLOVING IT!
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,951

Post#1605 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 22, 2023 12:14 pm

Would like to see the Lakers come out on their homecourt with some pride and get a W. Push the Nuggets a little more while we sweep
#FreeBam
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 530

Post#1608 » by Lennyzinho » Mon May 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
Umbooki wrote:Assuming we make it to The Finals, I’m in no position to doubt this team. Nnamdi alone had made me look stupid more times than I can count.

Muck around and he’ll have Murray in Hell. Basketball is weird.

He's definitely had some big Nnamdi moments! Had quite a few Gabe ones too though :nonono:
All in all, he's giving all you could expect from a player like him. Still would be fine to see him leave if an overpay is the other option, but he's been solid. Strus too.

The real standouts have been Caleb and honestly Duncan. HE has had us all, me included, eating all the crap we've talked about him the past 2 seasons lol.

Spo spoke about Duncan's efforts and off-season focus on working on his game, cutting to the basket, driving the past two years during the post game conference I believe Game 2 of the boston game (Friday). He's looked much better, more decisive, not committing bad fouls and giving And 1's to the other team, his stroke looks lethal as always. Happy with him. Caleb is a great contract. Got him so cheap for two more years.

If Strus and Gabe get paid 15-18M a year, arrivederce. sayonara. ciao. tchau. bye. adios. dasvidaniya.

Let's please not make the same Dion Waiters and Tyler Johnson mistakes again. I don't want to see them leave, I don't. But this is Jimmy Butler being him, Spo coaching great, Bam stepping up and we are riding a hot shooting streak. Or is it a correction from a bad regular season? Data below:

Strus career 37% 3 pt shooter in regular season. 35% 2023 regular season. 34.7% career postseason. 37% 2023 playoffs.
Gabe career 34% 3 pt shooter in regular season. 33.4% 2023 regular season. 35% career postseason. 38% 2023 playoffs.
Caleb career 36% 3 pt shooter in regular season. 35.6% 2023 regular season. 37.8% career postseason. 41.5% 2023 playoffs.
Duncan career 40% 3 pt shooter in regular season. 32.8% 2023 regular season. 40.5% career postseason. 44.7% 2023 playoffs.

So they all shot worse this year than their career avg in regular season. They're all shooting better than both their regular season and post season career averages.

Shoutout to Danny Green who I still remember terrorizing us and the league in the playoffs going 48% in 2012-2013, 47.5% 2013-2014 and 50%! 2015-2016.
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 530

Post#1609 » by Lennyzinho » Mon May 22, 2023 6:10 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Would like to see the Lakers come out on their homecourt with some pride and get a W. Push the Nuggets a little more while we sweep

Yea that would be nice. Especially since we will have to deal with that Denver altitude.
I gotta say... I'm not feeling good about the nuggets. We got absolutely killed yesterday on rebounds. Boston outrebounded us 57 to 35. They snagged 21 offensive rebounds and we got 1. Of course the shot 40% from the field and 26% from 3 while we shot 56.8% from the field and 54.3% from 3 in a massive blowout so not many paid attention but it's worrisome. Nuggets have Gordon, Porter and Jokic that are all Bam's size or bigger. We have Kevin Love but he's slow af and hurt his ankle so who know's if he will even be available.

My emotions during these playoffs were:
Play-in games vs Hawks/Bulls - Ugh, Lowry... can't wait to lose and trade him and improve and give Jimmy a real team but I hope we somehow win.
Bucks - Yikes this will be brutal, hope we make it a good series. Bucks in 7. (sorry Jimmy!!)
Knicks - Wow, can't believe how well we played vs the Bucks. We look good. Knicks have plenty of talent but I think we win in 6. (Bruson is GOOD)
Celtics - Them and the Sixers both looked trash playing each other. I think we beat Boston in 6. (yikes Boston)
Nuggets - Jokic is the real league MVP. Has ton more in his bag than Giannis and it's not close. Has 10x more heart than Embiid. They're bigger, deeper, home court (w/ altitude). Actually have someone this time as good as Jimmy. I favor the nuggets. Nuggies in 7.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,665

Post#1610 » by Kobewade11 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:42 am

Silver made the call
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,208

Post#1611 » by oreon » Tue May 23, 2023 3:12 am

Jokic is ridiculous. Completely dominated AD on offense and shut him down on defense. He's in a tier of his own as far as bigs are concerend
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#1612 » by contract » Tue May 23, 2023 3:17 am

"It is finished."

I mean ... "He is finished." :lol:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#1613 » by ShulaDon92 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:17 am

A very tough Denver team. Came back from a hole. Not as tough as us, probably. We've had a hard road but went and did it.

-SHULA
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,665

Post#1614 » by Kobewade11 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:17 am

Hahaha
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#1615 » by ShulaDon92 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:19 am

contract wrote:"It is finished."

It's on.

-SHULA
oreon
Analyst

Post#1616 » by oreon » Tue May 23, 2023 3:21 am

He was hurt and needs surgery. He's not top 10 but he's better than what he showed in this series. But I don't see LA winning another one. AD who is in prime showed he's not a top 10 guy or no 1 option. And you can't win a chip if you don't have a top 10 guy. Both AD and Lebron need to be in teams where they are the 2nd option. Neither one is consistent enough to be the guy on a championship team. If I was LA, I'd blow it up
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#1617 » by spectrec130 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:23 am

Aaaaaannnddd with the LAL loss both JVG/MJ crying rn! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#1618 » by Vertical Limit » Tue May 23, 2023 3:23 am

Should be an interesting offseason for the lakers. If they got the right expirings available, ill give them Herro and they can have herro and reaves play no defense for them
oreon
Analyst

Post#1619 » by oreon » Tue May 23, 2023 3:26 am

Vertical Limit wrote:Should be an interesting offseason for the lakers. If they got the right expirings available, ill give them Herro and they can have herro and reaves play no defense for them

Why. Herro has value giving him away for expiring is dumb. We need to clean up the cap but I'm not in favour of giving away assets for nothing cuz some fans don't like him. Herro will get traded but whatever we get back has to help the team and not just be salary relief
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#1620 » by spectrec130 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:26 am

oreon wrote:

He was hurt and needs surgery. He's not top 10 but he's better than what he showed in this series. But I don't see LA winning another one. AD who is in prime showed he's not a top 10 guy or no 1 option. And you can't win a chip if you don't have a top 10 guy. Both AD and Lebron need to be in teams where they are the 2nd option. Neither one is consistent enough to be the guy on a championship team. If I was LA, I'd blow it up

Wonder if LA were serious bout trading AD, what they could land for him.

Return to Miami Heat