ImageImageImage

Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,770

Re: Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#241 » by Johnny Fontane » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:41 am

KingDavid wrote:
Pharenheit wrote:There’s no way Miami doesn’t give the Warriors a better series than what Boston just gave. We take them to 7 games at worst

Hell no. Did you see that 21-0 run? Jimmy was the only one that consistently showed up for us. We would have been murdered.

G-league scrubs bricking it up. Herro hurt. Bam not showing up. Nah. They would have made it rain against us. We we're banged the hell up.

Boston didn’t have the veteran leadership with experience like Miami had. Jimmy surpasses anything Brown or Tatum did in this series. If we got Lowry and Tucker to show up which I think they would have, it would have definitely been a series. Bam probably makes an appearance against Warriors small ball which was really effective against Boston. Plus Spo is a better coach than a first year guy like Udoka

Yeah I understand this warriors group is lethal offensively at times but the reality is I thought the Celtics did a bad job overall of guarding steph and Draymond and Klay were pretty underwhelming on the offensive end. Simply put Heat have more dogs than Boston did
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,176

Re: Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#242 » by oreon » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:43 am

KingDavid wrote:
carnageta wrote:So another team just won the NBA championship playing 'small'. Just more confirmation bias for Spo. Lol

They're not small. PJ playing pf full time is small.

How are they not small. Otto Porter was their starting 4. Looney was a backup, he averaged like 20 mpg. And majority of those mins as Draymonds backup. For most of the game GSW majority was with one center who is 6 9" or smaller.
I guess its not smallball if they win
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#244 » by IggieCC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:31 am

Just glad Andrew Wiggins did'n't win FMVP. was gonna legit seppuku if he did ttyle
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#245 » by IggieCC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:33 am

the biggest question is why couldn't we beat this ass wipe Boston team?

was GS that much better? Jimmy could have eaten em up living in the FT line? hello?
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#246 » by IggieCC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 am

NGL every time I see Kevin Loony I just wanna give him gatorade or something.

the dude is a hard worker and like Joel Anthony but real size and functional human hands.
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,289

Post#247 » by goodboys lats » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:50 am

IggieCC wrote:the biggest question is why couldn't we beat this ass wipe Boston team?

was GS that much better? Jimmy could have eaten em up living in the FT line? hello?

Kyle was hurt man. Considering it went to a down to the wire game 7 you have to think if he's healthy they win that game.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,699

Post#248 » by Umbooki » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:01 am

IggieCC wrote:the biggest question is why couldn't we beat this ass wipe Boston team?

Lowry and Jimmy were each working with one leg, Herro broke his dick, PJ's gas tank was on E, and our shooters had nothing left to give us. We could've won the East, but who knows how much we had left? That was, what, two straight series where our shooting totally left us? Yuck.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#249 » by Bishop45 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:10 am

Jimmy had to play multiple 48 minute games for us to lose in a tight series— overall Boston was the better team, we gotta let that dream go and prepare for the next szn

A healthy Lowry in the playoffs is not something to count on and we been known that
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,115

Post#250 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:29 am

Bishop45 wrote:Jimmy had to play multiple 48 minute games for us to lose in a tight series— overall Boston was the better team, we gotta let that dream go and prepare for the next szn

A healthy Lowry in the playoffs is not something to count on and we been known that

I'm not sure if thats the case if both teams are healthy, but it is what it is. Yes, Boston was the overall better team given how it played out.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,970

Post#251 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:35 am

nemanja belli got a free championship under the the banner of golden state lol
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#252 » by IggieCC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:48 am

eddieheatfan wrote:nemanja belli got a free championship under the the banner of golden state lol

LOL

he was SOLID for them all szn though. whenever I saw him play, he was very good. him and Otter Potter were great pickups for them for minimum
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#253 » by IggieCC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:54 am

Once you get to the finals though... a lot of days off before the finals and between games. aghhhh

but Bos looked definitely gassed after getting through the East in a way they did. we would have been too if not worse.

Tatum definitely showed his youth or something. He was flat out bad. Give me Brown all day (though he's TO machine lol)
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,737

Post#254 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:59 am

Neither Tatum or Brown have handles. It always surprises me that guys who play this game at such a high level can't improve their ability to dribble the ball.

I swear that I have a better handle and hands than Bam. The spin toward the basket and kick the ball off his leg move that he has patented is surreal every time I see it. Get the man some damn Stickum or something.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,731

Post#255 » by AirP. » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:51 pm

Looks like OKC is trying to finish up their long-term core this season. They currently have the #2 and #12 pick and are really working hard to try to eventually move up from #12 to #4 to get Ivey which looks like it'll take 2 moves, they're currently trying to get to #7 from Portland to have a better shot to trade for Sacramento's #4 pick. They're really wanting to have a SGA, Giddey, (Holmgren or Smith) and Ivey core to start building around.

My question would be, is there anyway Miami could get into these deals and add a playoff rotation player? Sacramento has a few interesting players in Barnes who could start for Miami and also Holmes or Lyles who might be playoff rotation players for Miami.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#256 » by puppa bear » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:07 pm

AirP. wrote:Looks like OKC is trying to finish up their long-term core this season. They currently have the #2 and #12 pick and are really working hard to try to eventually move up from #12 to #4 to get Ivey which looks like it'll take 2 moves, they're currently trying to get to #7 from Portland to have a better shot to trade for Sacramento's #4 pick. They're really wanting to have a SGA, Giddey, (Holmgren or Smith) and Ivey core to start building around.

My question would be, is there anyway Miami could get into these deals and add a playoff rotation player? Sacramento has a few interesting players in Barnes who could start for Miami and also Holmes or Lyles who might be playoff rotation players for Miami.

If Kings are moving #4 then it’s for a win now piece, cashing potential for reality. Add in that OKC doesn’t have attractive win-now pieces (outside SGA) and we’re probably looking at OKC trading multiple picks in the future for the one they want now, and the Kings flipping that haul (with Barnes+ as salary filler) for a disgruntled wing star-level player.

The only way we get in on this is as the 4th team in this deal flipping Duncan/picks to the 3rd team for Barnes. But we gotta know who the Kings are targeting to pair with Fox/Sabonas. Unless someone decides to blow-up on draft night, the main things available are PG & PF, which are redundant for them. So they’d need to be offering Washington a huge lid for Beal, or something like that.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#257 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:13 pm

The Warriors front office doesn’t get enough credit. They convinced the owner to pay for a winner. When we had Lebron in his prime we went the penny counting path and thats with the big three taking a pay cut. No way our owner ever pays a tax bill anywhere close to the Warriors. Then tie that with the the incompetent moves our front office made last offseason, Lowry and Duncan :lol: and it defy logic we got to the eastern finals.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Post#258 » by carnageta » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:16 pm

Because we couldn't hit a three pointer to save our lives.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,731

Post#259 » by AirP. » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:40 pm

puppa bear wrote:
AirP. wrote:Looks like OKC is trying to finish up their long-term core this season. They currently have the #2 and #12 pick and are really working hard to try to eventually move up from #12 to #4 to get Ivey which looks like it'll take 2 moves, they're currently trying to get to #7 from Portland to have a better shot to trade for Sacramento's #4 pick. They're really wanting to have a SGA, Giddey, (Holmgren or Smith) and Ivey core to start building around.

If Kings are moving #4 then it’s for a win now piece, cashing potential for reality. Add in that OKC doesn’t have attractive win-now pieces (outside SGA) and we’re probably looking at OKC trading multiple picks in the future for the one they want now, and the Kings flipping that haul (with Barnes+ as salary filler) for a disgruntled wing star-level player.

The only way we get in on this is as the 4th team in this deal flipping Duncan/picks to the 3rd team for Barnes. But we gotta know who the Kings are targeting to pair with Fox/Sabonas. Unless someone decides to blow-up on draft night, the main things available are PG & PF, which are redundant for them. So they’d need to be offering Washington a huge lid for Beal, or something like that.

The issue is that some think it's a 3 player draft, some think 4 and maybe 5. If Sacramento thinks it's a 4 player draft with Ivey the 4th, they already have Fox, Mitchell, DiVincenzo and even T.Davis which they felt so good with that they moved Haliburton last year for Sabonis then maybe they're good with the quality of player between 5-X(maybe 12 or possibly a little lower) so getting more assets/players with that quality of player is something that they feel would be beneficial to them.

For Portland they seem willing to move back from 7 to 12 if they can get Dort so they can move forward with a 3 guard rotation of Lillard, A.Simmons and Dort (or possibly move forward with Simmons and Dort) so they can have an offensive guard and defensive guard on the court most of the game.

Here's OKC's current rumors...
Read on Twitter

OKC really wants Ivey it seems and it would probably take the #4 pick to do that, possibly 3rd which is probably drastically more expensive in assets then the 4th pick.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,531

Post#260 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:41 pm

carnageta wrote:

Because we couldn't hit a three pointer to save our lives.

Yes GS is much better than Boston, I think we are on Par with Boston.

It could of gone either way in our series against Boston but ultimately we weren't winning against GS. Boston and Miami have very similar issues with going on massive scoring droughts, only being able to stay in the game by using great defense to grind during the droughts. Unfortunately with GS, those droughts are death since they offensive fire power is so elite when they go on their runs. Once they catch fire its lights out for anyone.

The way to beat GS, is to have a consistent offense that can hang with them without giving up long droughts and grind them down at all positions on defense. GS motion offense is really lethal, and we give up insane amount of open corner threes they would have destroyed us worse than Boston. GS is the one team that could make Miami's defense look really bad with our constant switching, we either need to upgrade our team for a more consistent half court offense, capable of scoring at high volume or we need to hope we don't match with them. Any other west team we could have beating. We are tailored made to win against single superstar, and Iso centric offenses which most west teams are.

Return to Miami Heat