ImageImageImage

Saltics @ Heat - 8:30pm - Thursday - Game 2

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,953

Re: Saltics @ Heat - 8:30pm - Thursday - Game 2 

Post#981 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 2:30 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:I do think we probably go out this offseason and pick up a consistent scoring wing. Miami will continue to go cheap on the PF, using vets same for the PG position. its the 2-3-5 that they usually move the needle for. We desperately need a level 3 scorer next to BAM & Jimmy to help their games who is also not a liability on defense.

I was getting destroyed for wanting to package Herro Robinson and picks for Ingram at the deadline. Can you imagine how much better we’d be right now?
#FreeBam
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,158

Post#982 » by SA37 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:32 pm

AirP. wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Herro has been overwhelmingly disappointing and that can’t be denied. Same as Bam. The only thing that I would couch this with is that I genuinely think you could switch anyone except Jimmy on that horrendous bench unit and they’d have similar +/- numbers. Our bench/depth which used to be a huge benefit is now a huge weakness and killing us every game.

Bam's +/- have been good BUT it's because he's become a max paid defensive roleplayer. He's usually only taking very high percentage shots and very few tough shots. While I harp about Herro, Bam has been highly disappointing on the offensive end. PJ is a spacer in the corner but Bam... he's not even looking for opportunities to be a scorer. Butler, Vincent, Herro, Oladipo and Strus are all outscoring Bam this series and if you look at both teams, 12 players are outscoring Bam. Bam is a huge problem on offense and this is why it doesn't matter if you win, you can see issues that you can or may need to fix and Bam's nonexistent offense is a HUGE issue for Miami.... Holy #)( for the first 2 games of this ECF he's on court 33 minutes a game and giving Miami 8 ppg and 6.5 rebs.

How it started:

How it's going:

al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,777

Post#983 » by al bondiga » Fri May 20, 2022 2:35 pm

don't think Rob and Horford are much better than theis and kanter ... it is it's just that Boston defense works a lot better and bam was not as corrupted as he is now... he still knew he was not an undersized Center but a nimble power forward
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#984 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm

SA37 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Herro has been overwhelmingly disappointing and that can’t be denied. Same as Bam. The only thing that I would couch this with is that I genuinely think you could switch anyone except Jimmy on that horrendous bench unit and they’d have similar +/- numbers. Our bench/depth which used to be a huge benefit is now a huge weakness and killing us every game.

Bam's +/- have been good BUT it's because he's become a max paid defensive roleplayer. He's usually only taking very high percentage shots and very few tough shots. While I harp about Herro, Bam has been highly disappointing on the offensive end. PJ is a spacer in the corner but Bam... he's not even looking for opportunities to be a scorer. Butler, Vincent, Herro, Oladipo and Strus are all outscoring Bam this series and if you look at both teams, 12 players are outscoring Bam. Bam is a huge problem on offense and this is why it doesn't matter if you win, you can see issues that you can or may need to fix and Bam's nonexistent offense is a HUGE issue for Miami.... Holy #)( for the first 2 games of this ECF he's on court 33 minutes a game and giving Miami 8 ppg and 6.5 rebs.

How it started:

How it's going:

An elite player and major piece on 3 championship teams, I like where your head is at :D
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,819

Post#985 » by AirP. » Fri May 20, 2022 2:46 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SA37 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

How it started:

Spoiler:

How it's going:

Spoiler:

An elite player and major piece on 3 championship teams, I like where your head is at :D

The issue, GS had a bunch of 2 way players and 2 all time greats from 3pt range in Curry and Klay. Unless you have great scoring and little to know defensive liabilities around those defensive guys you can only go so far.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,158

Post#986 » by SA37 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:47 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SA37 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

How it started:

How it's going:

Now we just need Strus, Vincent, and Herro to turn into Poole, Curry, and Klay :wink:

The big problem is you can't have Bam scoring in single digits every other game AND shoot under 30% from 3 as a team. Miami can't win that way unless Butler scores 40+, and even then it's an iffy proposition.
954gator
Junior
And1: 329

Post#987 » by 954gator » Fri May 20, 2022 3:05 pm

HeatFanDan wrote:Lol @ some of these calls. NBA wants Boston in the Finals soooooo bad.

Yup they let them play physical on D and not us in Miami. @Boston gonna be ridiculous. Hear gonna have to play perfect.
dWadeOwnzYou
Pro Prospect
And1: 549

Post#988 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Fri May 20, 2022 3:11 pm

marson wrote:Bam and Herro must have a good game for us to have a chance. It's always tough to play in Boston.

Magic Johnson, is that you?
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#989 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 3:24 pm

SA37 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SA37 wrote:
How it started:

How it's going:

Now we just need Strus, Vincent, and Herro to turn into Poole, Curry, and Klay :wink:

The big problem is you can't have Bam scoring in single digits every other game AND shoot under 30% from 3 as a team. Miami can't win that way unless Butler scores 40+, and even then it's an iffy proposition.

Yea Spo Jimmy and Bam need to get together and talk about this. The shooting just hasn’t been there and we need 20 PPG Bam back.
#FreeBam
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,797

Post#990 » by Hallstar » Fri May 20, 2022 3:24 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:I do think we probably go out this offseason and pick up a consistent scoring wing. Miami will continue to go cheap on the PF, using vets same for the PG position. its the 2-3-5 that they usually move the needle for. We desperately need a level 3 scorer next to BAM & Jimmy to help their games who is also not a liability on defense.

I was getting destroyed for wanting to package Herro Robinson and picks for Ingram at the deadline. Can you imagine how much better we’d be right now?

Based on what? INgram isn't a defender by any stretch and a worse shooter.

So somebody needs to make up their mind. Is Ingram gonna be coming off the bench? Because we're told why Herro doesn't start is we apparently have an abundance of riches in talent the starting lineup that would be disrupted. :lol:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#991 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 3:25 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SA37 wrote:
How it started:

Spoiler:

How it's going:

Spoiler:

The issue, GS had a bunch of 2 way players and 2 all time greats from 3pt range in Curry and Klay. Unless you have great scoring and little to know defensive liabilities around those defensive guys you can only go so far.

Read on Twitter

Bring this Bam back
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#992 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

So somebody needs to make up their mind. Is Ingram gonna be coming off the bench? Because we're told why Herro doesn't start is we apparently have an abundance of riches in talent the starting lineup that would be disrupted. :lol:

Based on the fact that Ingram is a far better player than Herro. His length height and athleticism would fit very good in our system. Ingram is a much better defender than Herro.

The dude just averaged 27-6-6 on 41% from 3 in the playoffs. I know you love Herro but please don’t try to debate this lol
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#993 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 20, 2022 3:38 pm

Herro has shown he can be a consistent scorer. Bam has shown he can be a consistent scorer. Neither are scoring consistently right now. Shouldn't have to overthink to get these guys averaging near 20 a game. Just need them to stop deferring and get to their spots.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#994 » by Hallstar » Fri May 20, 2022 3:41 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Based on the fact that Ingram is a far better player than Herro. His length height and athleticism would fit very good in our system. Ingram is a much better defender than Herro.

The dude just averaged 27-6-6 on 41% from 3 in the playoffs. I know you love Herro but please don’t try to debate this lol

Ingram has NEVER been cited for his defense...ever. But because it's us, he's now magically gonna get it.

And if you don't understand how scoring works, he's not putting up 27 in a series for us, not even close. I've spoken about how talent > grit for years before Herro, but we keep going at it year after year with no offensive philosophy and keep being surprised when we can't keep up in a shootout, but hey...more defense.

So trade Herro for grit and lets move on. We'll be winning games in the 90s. Only NBA team that will be doing it, who needs to score?

WE ARE NOT PUTTING THE PLAYERS WITH TALENT IN POSITION TO SCORE
AirP.
RealGM

Post#995 » by AirP. » Fri May 20, 2022 3:47 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Herro has shown he can be a consistent scorer. Bam has shown he can be a consistent scorer. Neither are scoring consistently right now. Shouldn't have to overthink to get these guys averaging near 20 a game. Just need them to stop deferring and get to their spots.

Scoring in the regular season is much easier when teams aren't scouting and practicing for specific players, in the playoffs scorers are targeted by defenses. This was Herro's first year of being a featured option so it's also the first year there's a lot of data of what he likes and doesn't like so of course he's going to be slowed down in the playoffs. He can still shoot, he can still make some nice moves but teams are more aware of what he wants to do. Bam... he's either not looking to score at all, even if he's given a lane(sometimes he doesn't even look towards the basket with the ball) or he's decided before getting the ball he's got to put it up, maybe it's a called play by Spoelstra. All Bam has to do is just look for lanes/spaces to go to, to make himself available for a pass to have an oppertunity to score. There's really no reason why R.Williams has made 2 less FGs then Bam has attempted, it shouldn't be close.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#996 » by AirP. » Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

Ingram has NEVER been cited for his defense...ever. But because it's us, he's now magically gonna get it.

And if you don't understand how scoring works, he's not putting up 27 in a series for us, not even close. I've spoken about how talent > grit for years before Herro, but we keep going at it year after year with no offensive philosophy and keep being surprised when we can't keep up in a shootout, but hey...more defense.

So trade Herro for grit and lets move on. We'll be winning games in the 90s. Only NBA team that will be doing it, who needs to score?

I wouldn't be surprised if Herro is moved, I've been expecting for over a year that this is the summer he's moved. Herro is Miami's best asset but he's the wrong type of player for Miami who is built around defense and toughness. Herro's specific skillset doesn't mesh well defensively for this team, defensive players can exert great effort only to have one of their bad defenders give up a good look. Herro needs to be the SG on a high paced offense and right now, how bad the bench has been, I wouldn't be completely mad to see Miami do that in this series with the backups, it would be a huge gamble though that maybe should have happened game 2. Put in Gabe, Herro, Robinson, Strus and either Dedmon or Yurtseven and just try to out 3 the Celtics backups. You could have Robinson running for his life to get open and if Boston makes a mistake Miami should get a good look from 3pt range.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#997 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 4:58 pm

Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

You don’t have to be known as a great defender to be a better defender than Herro. Ingram is long as hell, tall, and athletic. If you don’t think that would bring a new dynamic to the defense surrounded by our elite defenders then idk what to tell you.

He may not put up 27 but he would be 1a 1b with Jimmy as a scoring option and I’m very confident in that. He’s averaging 22 worst case imo. That against a great Suns defense by the way.

We don’t need to trade him for grit but we can get good value back for him after this season he’s had. No way we can max a one dimensional player like him who doesn’t play defense. He’s an over glorified Jordan Clarkson, if you can trade that for an all star while he’s young and has value you do it.

HE HAS THE HIGHEST USAGE ON THE TEAM IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND 2ND HIGHEST IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE LED THE TEAM IN SHOT ATTEMPTS THIS SEASON AND IS 2ND IN THE PLAYOFFS. He has all the opportunities in the world.

He’s not even much of an efficient scorer, his numbers jumped based on increase usage and shot attempts this year. His efficiency is even much worse in the playoffs. He is consistently a negative impact player. When he scores 3 points he turns around and gives away 6 on the other end.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#998 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 20, 2022 5:06 pm

AirP. wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Herro is moved, I've been expecting for over a year that this is the summer he's moved. Herro is Miami's best asset but he's the wrong type of player for Miami who is built around defense and toughness. Herro's specific skillset doesn't mesh well defensively for this team, defensive players can exert great effort only to have one of their bad defenders give up a good look. Herro needs to be the SG on a high paced offense and right now, how bad the bench has been, I wouldn't be completely mad to see Miami do that in this series with the backups, it would be a huge gamble though that maybe should have happened game 2. Put in Gabe, Herro, Robinson, Strus and either Dedmon or Yurtseven and just try to out 3 the Celtics backups. You could have Robinson running for his life to get open and if Boston makes a mistake Miami should get a good look from 3pt range.

If we’re going to have someone that’s that big of a piece to the team that can’t play defense they need to 1. Be a threat to score 30 every single night (Mitchell, Beal) and 2. Have the athleticism and measurements to become a plus defender (Mitchell’s elite athleticism and 7 foot wingspan compared to Herro with a 6’3 wingspan). Win or lose I’m
Going to be very shocked if he’s not traded. If we decide not to trade him I hope he’s shuts me up and just balls the **** out and does it efficiently. I have so much fun watching him score 30 but then on the other hand I’m annoyed as hell when he’s getting cooked and falling asleep defensively
#FreeBam
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#999 » by Hallstar » Fri May 20, 2022 5:17 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

You don’t have to be known as a great defender to be a better defender than Herro. Ingram is long as hell, tall, and athletic. If you don’t think that would bring a new dynamic to the defense surrounded by our elite defenders then idk what to tell you.

He may not put up 27 but he would be 1a 1b with Jimmy as a scoring option and I’m very confident in that. He’s averaging 22 worst case imo. That against a great Suns defense by the way.

We don’t need to trade him for grit but we can get good value back for him after this season he’s had. No way we can max a one dimensional player like him who doesn’t play defense. He’s an over glorified Jordan Clarkson, if you can trade that for an all star while he’s young and has value you do it.

HE HAS THE HIGHEST USAGE ON THE TEAM IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND 2ND HIGHEST IN THE PLAYOFFS. HE LED THE TEAM IN SHOT ATTEMPTS THIS SEASON AND IS 2ND IN THE PLAYOFFS. He has all the opportunities in the world.

He’s not even much of an efficient scorer, his numbers jumped based on increase usage and shot attempts this year. His efficiency is even much worse in the playoffs. He is consistently a negative impact player. When he scores 3 points he turns around and gives away 6 on the other end.

If Herro was on some dog crap team like the people you want he would be putting up 25+ and you'd be ready to trade all our crap for consistent scoring.

I don't know why you're against paying Herro anyway, we already wasted one max contract, what's the problem with another?

Added that he's currently the only player who gives a damn to put your boy in position to score
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#1000 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 20, 2022 5:32 pm

We need post ASG Herro to stand up, and make some noise, for your Miami Heat!

Return to Miami Heat