ImageImageImage

Mon May 23, 2022. 8:30 pm EST. Miami @ Boston. Eastern Conference FInals (2-1 lead for your Miami Heat)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,000

Re: Mon May 23, 2022. 8:30 pm EST. Miami @ Boston. Eastern Conference FInals (2-1 lead for your Miami Heat) 

Post#1121 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 24, 2022 3:24 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Lol, even if they weren't garbage points this would be a stupid hot take. But I knew you would manage to bring up Herro to deflect from our max players.

I didn’t deflect, I trashed the starters for being garbage all night. He had 18 in the first half. But let’s pretend he didn’t do anything good to deflect he’s better than Herro. I hope you keep this same energy with Rudy Gobert and Herros supporting cast next year

Dipo doesn’t just replace Herro, but also Jimmy, Strus, Caleb, Robinson, PJ, Lowry, I mean the list goes on and on.

Dipo played better than all of those players. Herro had absolutely nothing to do with the embarrassing azz whooping that took place in the presence of the mentioned ones.

Bam was absolutely disposable garbage.

The truth!

Tell me where I said it was Herros fault we lost :lol:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,000

Re: Mon May 23, 2022. 8:30 pm EST. Miami @ Boston. Eastern Conference FInals (2-1 lead for your Miami Heat) 

Post#1122 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue May 24, 2022 3:25 pm

Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Where did I say Dipo didn't score? If Herro gives us 20 pts in a 20pt blowout you wouldn't acknowledge it.

Herro came in and got game 1 back under control when it was looking like we would be blown out by half time and kept the lead under double digits...no credit for that. :roll:

25 in a win to start the Philly series...no credit

But Dipo puts up points in a 20pt loss and it's the best game ever...go sit down somewhere

I give credit where it’s due, go to that game threads and I guarantee you find me hyping him up. Don’t sit here playing the role of Chris Herro and playing the victim. It’s just ALWAYS and excuse when Herro has a bad game/playoffs. Always. This dude always gets a pass.

Anyways, I’m not going to go back and forth on Herro with you. I hope he finally shows up in game 5 and scores a hyper efficient 50 and we win the game

Bro you have been making excuses ALL SEASON. The lack of self awareness is hilarious. Just lay off certain issues and it won't be thrown back in your face.

Alright Chris, we’ll be seeing you when Herro is traded
#FreeBam
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,379

Post#1123 » by MHeat0279 » Tue May 24, 2022 3:25 pm

guys, the whole team play like hot garbage, it was not only Bam this time around, it was everybody including our elite coach not getting this guys hyped up and energized for the game. Everybody is banged up at this time but it was a total lack of effort and energy, who knows maybe they are burned out and after last game in which we spent a lot of energy we just could not recoup with only one day rest. Expecting a good level of energy next game and if not then we will lose the series, and if we lose the series we are not good enough to advance, as simple as that.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1124 » by 3ballbomber » Wed May 25, 2022 2:04 am

AirP. wrote:
Spoiler:
Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Dipo filling in for Herro just had a better game than Herro has had all playoffs and Gave the team exactly what we needed. Thankfully it was all for nothing because none of the starters wanted to play tonight

Lol, even if they weren't garbage points this would be a stupid hot take. But I knew you would manage to bring up Herro to deflect from our max players.

I actually quite watching the game before the end of the first half so I've not really written much.

#1 - Butler looked like 2021 playoffs Butler. He seemed to move ok but looked to be playing without much effort or even the want to win, he looked like he was just going through the motions. Basically every shot I saw him miss he just turned around and ran back like nothing happened. I saw no passion, emotion or care from him at all. I had wished Spoelstra pulled him early and tell him you're done tonight, maybe next game you'll care about trying to win. I kinda figured this is what we were going to get with Butler when he said he needed to start getting his teammates more involved. So a team that is having a hard time has their possibly only dominate scorer decide he's not scoring like he could be vs a top tier defensive team, a piss poor decision on his part, I guess game 3's hot shooting seemed to validate him even though the next 6 quarters they looked horrible offensively. Very disappointed in Butler, he has to be dominate or he's not going to have a chance to win a ring this year, possibly ever.

#2 - Lowry, I have no idea what he was doing out there on offense. I did mention in the game thread he was making some type of circling moves and then taking horrible shots, I don't know if the offense was just stagnate or he was doing some type of probing for no apparent reason.

#3 - Bam looks like he's afraid of bigs who actually can defend and with that, doesn't look to play offense. Weird the game he looked to score was the game R.Williams wasn't playing

#4 - Strus missed all his shots but for some reason he gets them very sporadically. The thing about 3pt shooters is that over time you expect their % of makes to even out, but unless they're taking a high volume of 3s you're either going to have a good game or a bad game, very rarely in between from long range shooters.

#5 - Oladipo is still rusty but with more time we get to see some of the good in his offensive game. Listening to Bill Simmons this morning they seemed to think Oladipo lost his legs in the 2nd half which makes sense, players need around a month of games to get their game legs back, Miami/Spoelstra decided against dealing with that the last month(also getting Oladipo use to his teammates and his teammates use to him) of the season and basically packed Oladipo's potential up and run with Vincent more. Miami's a lesser playoff team because of it.

#6 - Even a rare good playoff game from Herro wasn't going to win this game for Miami, the team looked like they didn't give a damn.

I don't mind losing games, I really don't, what I care about is the team competing and seeing who is the better team, Miami for some reason just doesn't care. Someone better get to Butler and explain to him he's getting a max not to be a facilitator to minimum contract players but to be the best player on the court. I would say to tell that to Bam but I doubt it would do any good, he has to be forced to be aggressive on offense.

Also, Bill Simmons called Scott Foster the extender before and after the game, last night's podcast he said Boston's been on the other side of the extenders calls to make sure a series goes longer and it was nice to be on the good side of Foster's this time. It's pretty amazing that this is all out in the open when the NBA has entered a partnership with gambling... this seems very problematic for that relationship and this doesn't even touch the lying about availability of players which messes with the gambling lines.

Spot on!

I'm still quite shocked how suddenly open media has been about officiating bias. It's quite disgusting actually knowing NBA has normalised being associated w/ betting. The same NBA that claimed Donaghy was a rogue ref & the league does not have a problem w/ crooked officiating....knowing the planned partnership w/ gambling in future.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1125 » by gom » Wed May 25, 2022 2:30 am

3ballbomber wrote:I'm still quite shocked how suddenly open media has been about officiating bias. It's quite disgusting actually knowing NBA has normalised being associated w/ betting. The same NBA that claimed Donaghy was a rogue ref & the league does not have a problem w/ crooked officiating....knowing the planned partnership w/ gambling in future.

I'm also a fan of soccer. Just watched Flamengo win actually, though not very impressive. I feel it's quite naive to expect honest officiating. When you are in such situations, the goal is to be so good the refs cannot defeat you. I could tell how frustrating it is for the players. The nervous laughter Kyle and Jimmy exchanged in the postgame interview is a clue. They know it's dirty but they can't do anything or it will just be worse.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1126 » by 3ballbomber » Wed May 25, 2022 3:14 am

gom wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:I'm still quite shocked how suddenly open media has been about officiating bias. It's quite disgusting actually knowing NBA has normalised being associated w/ betting. The same NBA that claimed Donaghy was a rogue ref & the league does not have a problem w/ crooked officiating....knowing the planned partnership w/ gambling in future.

I'm also a fan of soccer. Just watched Flamengo win actually, though not very impressive. I feel it's quite naive to expect honest officiating. When you are in such situations, the goal is to be so good the refs cannot defeat you. I could tell how frustrating it is for the players. The nervous laughter Kyle and Jimmy exchanged in the postgame interview is a clue. They know it's dirty but they can't do anything or it will just be worse.

Soccer similar to nba w/ their suspect officiating. When ever you have huge flopping problem you also have officiating issue - They go hand in hand. Not surprising Soccer, the most popular sport on the planet, has links to gambling companies also.

Absolutely. have always said playing well is the only way to offset any ref bias. There's no choice.

Was interesting watching Jim & Kyle chuckle among themselves about officiating. I believe Spo & players understands who Foster is & cognisant of the lack calls last 2 games. I think we have the awareness to understand how this theatrics is played & it may be our turn to get the calls in gm5 as the league has already successfully extended the series. Perhaps why Spo, Jimmy & Kyle aren't too worried after the loss.

You see how everybody is currently confused about the blowouts during these playoffs? Wonder why.

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat