ImageImageImage

ECF Game 5: Boston @ Miami - 5/25 @ 8:30pm EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,741

Re: ECF Game 5: Boston @ Miami - 5/25 @ 8:30pm EST 

Post#1341 » by KingDavid » Thu May 26, 2022 5:53 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

Might be a shot at Bam...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,750

Post#1342 » by al bondiga » Thu May 26, 2022 6:31 am

KingDavid wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

he didn't say a star, just another, not a shot cuz he was speaking the truth
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1343 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 26, 2022 7:35 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Heat beat the Celtics, Wade going off, even though the Heat were down 0-3 in the series........... Wade still going down swinging like a champion.

meanwhile jimmy...........

Love Jimmy & is 1 hell of a competitor that has shown his toughness over his career but Wade was on another level. Cut frm same cloth as Jordan, Magic, Bird etc.

Saying that we’re prob seeing diff results currently w/ a fully healthy Butler. He’s not the same cos he’s sh*t...he ain’t playing right cos he’s banged up. As Spo & Jim keep reiterating ‘no excuses’. They can’t reveal we’re physically limited due to injuries because that’s the sorta classy organisation we are. We go down fighting.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1344 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 am

Last 3 games:

Mia 42 ft - Bos 91 ft
49 FTA disparity :o

Gm5 FT's

End of 1Q: Mia 0 - Bos 4 (Heat up 19-17)
End of 2Q: Mia 2 - Bos 9 (Heat up 42-37)
End of 3Q: Mia 10 - Bos 21 (Heat down 58-69) Lead is 11 - FT deficit 11

By 4Q the damage was done they hardly even called FT's. Just an extra 2 for C's & 4 for us.

I'm not saying officiating is what solely lost us the game & yes we didn't play up to par....but they certainly didn't help. You know who they have been helping, especially in the last 3 games? Boston.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Dc__20
Junior
And1: 753

Post#1345 » by Dc__20 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:18 am

You don’t live by the 3, you die by the 3.

This team seriously lacks a go to guy. Jimmy was doing it up until game 3. When he’s not going the heat literally run a pickup style offense with trying to find open 3’s
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#1346 » by Kobewade11 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:16 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I swear if you rescheme the offense in a way that Bam is getting 18 shots a night he’s averaging 25-11-3 at worst and and if we’re a top 3 seed in the East how is Bam viewed around the league? Hell he was already 4th for DPOY and 5th for all NBA at 19-10-3 this season

Stop passing the buck. It’s not the offensive scheme, it’s Bam.

Here’s Bam taking jumpers and 3s in his predraft workout. It’s not the offensive scheme that keeps Bam from taking these shots 5 years into his pro career, it’s Bam’s fault. Those shots are there whenever he wants them, he’s just scared

Here’s Bam in an empty gym working on stuff he never does in the game. Not the scheme, it’s Bam
https://streamable.com/03yjht

Oh look, Bam looking like the most skilled big in the league again - in an empty gym. When have we seen any of these moves with regularity?
Read on Twitter

Not the scheme, it’s Bam. Every hooper knows someone like Bam in real life. That guy who looks all world on the street, then you put him into an organized setting with spectators and wonder wtf happened. Yep, thats Bam right there.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,095

Post#1347 » by TroubleS0me » Thu May 26, 2022 11:16 am

al bondiga wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

thought it was a shot Jimmy
but when hate player talk sh.it after being eliminated like him & Pat Beverly
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,095

Post#1348 » by TroubleS0me » Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 am

3ballbomber wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Heat beat the Celtics, Wade going off, even though the Heat were down 0-3 in the series........... Wade still going down swinging like a champion.

meanwhile jimmy...........

Love Jimmy & is 1 hell of a competitor that has shown his toughness over his career but Wade was on another level. Cut frm same cloth as Jordan, Magic, Bird etc.

Saying that we’re prob seeing diff results currently w/ a fully healthy Butler. He’s not the same cos he’s sh*t...he ain’t playing right cos he’s banged up. As Spo & Jim keep reiterating ‘no excuses’. They can’t reveal we’re physically limited due to injuries because that’s the sorta classy organisation we are. We go down fighting.

thats the thing with Jimmy & Bam they lack that extra gear that our past greats like Wade, LBJ had. Its one thing to be injuried but to average 9.5 ppg on ish FG% since game 3(Jimmy) idk about that. Wish we got game 3 Bam often.
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Post#1349 » by BFRESH44 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:39 am

We can conclude that Bam isn’t a dependable top 2 scoring option a on title team. The mentality just isn’t there, and it’s been an issue with him. It didn’t start in Miami. He had his coaches in Kentucky call him out for the passive mentality too. And while he is still young, that’s something you either have or don’t.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/kenny-payne-says-bam-adebayo-needs-to-stop-being-nice-and-start-being-like-boogie/

Still a valuable asset overall, but we’re definitely going to have to manage expectations regarding it. Despite him being a 25% max player.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#1350 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 26, 2022 11:40 am

BFRESH44 wrote:We can conclude that Bam isn’t a dependable top 2 scoring option a on title team. The mentality just isn’t there, and it’s been an issue with him. It didn’t start in Miami. He had his coaches in Kentucky call him out for the passive mentality too. And while he is still young, that’s something you either have or don’t.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/kenny-payne-says-bam-adebayo-needs-to-stop-being-nice-and-start-being-like-boogie/

Still a valuable asset overall, but we’re definitely going to have to manage expectations regarding it. Despite him being a 25% max player.

Why didn't we play Markieff Morris at all?
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Post#1351 » by BFRESH44 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:02 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:We can conclude that Bam isn’t a dependable top 2 scoring option a on title team. The mentality just isn’t there, and it’s been an issue with him. It didn’t start in Miami. He had his coaches in Kentucky call him out for the passive mentality too. And while he is still young, that’s something you either have or don’t.

After that “whiplash” incident, he was never going to have a significant role.

My question is why did that Turkish center, who posted the 2nd longest double digit rebounding streak in your 34 year team history, virtually never play again after Bam returned?
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,635

Post#1352 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu May 26, 2022 12:52 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

After that “whiplash” incident, he was never going to have a significant role.

My question is why did that Turkish center, who posted the 2nd longest double digit rebounding streak in your 34 year team history, virtually never play again after Bam returned?

Spotard and the front office felt an affinity to playing Dedmon because of loyalty or whatever. Could have easily traded him at the deadline where he would be promised a role on another team giving Yurt at least a backup role for the HEAT
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,996

Post#1353 » by Flash4thewin » Thu May 26, 2022 1:16 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We’re talking about completely gutting a team with a finals appearance and ECF appearance possibly both derailed by injury. That’s just not logical, especially when we have the pieces to improve the team. Go all in this summer to improve, if it doesn’t work by the end of Lowrys contract (if he’s still there) figure out what direction to go in. We’re built for the now and for the future but we can still better our team

Don’t man.

The Hawks where missing their starting C and PF.

The 76er if Embiid is healthy or at least plays every games with how Bam is Bam we lose.

This team took advantage of injuries which is ok but it’s not a championship team or even a conference final team. We are a second round team. No shame in that.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,934

Post#1354 » by dshearn » Thu May 26, 2022 1:20 pm

After Sleeping on it.....

I woke up this morning thinking about a line that stuck with me from yesterday's broadcast..... "That was boston's first made shot in 7 minutes".... It made me look at the score.... the game went from tied to heat up by 5.

With everyone minus Duncan to hurt to provide consistent off ball movement on offense, it is time for Yurt. At least give the team some shots inside that are harder to block.

Truth be told, I would give Highsmith some burn too. He was clutch as hell from 3 at the end of the season.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,365

Post#1355 » by MHeat0279 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:41 pm

Bostondave wrote:I would not be shocked at all. At all. If the Heat win game 6 in Boston. Then what? I just watched some butt-ugly basketball for one half. The Celts made a run that wasn't matched by the Heat, and that was it. But what I saw wasn't as much Celts defense as much as Heat just flat out missing.

I'm a basketball fan firstly, a Celts fan secondly. No one wants to think about a Heat win in game 6 on my board. They're all rah rah and caught up in the moment. But we've been playing some butt-ugly basketball. There's a dark cloud no one on the Celts board wants to see.

I can see Heat winning game 6. Your team is mentally tough. And then a nail-biting, topsy-turvy toss-up for game 7 in Miami. No one on my board wants to contemplate that. They're drunk, and stupid.

Just a thought before you Heat keep talking about blowing your team up.

Thank for your insightful post, our team is probably done. Too many injuries and too many one dimentional players, lack of size and things of that sort. This year the Celtics improved with the addition of Al and are playing with more maturity ( as expected with all the years playing with the same squad ) I wont hold a grudge if you eliminate the Heat from the playoffs, injuries are part of the game and all teams have benefited from them at some point or another. If you beat us in game 6 or 7 i wish you the best going forward.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,378

Post#1356 » by Vertical Limit » Thu May 26, 2022 1:46 pm

Last two games should have been a wake up call to you all about what this team is and isnt. We definitely got lucky in the first two rounds, and luck comes with winning. We are not that much better than the Hawks or Sixers, and we are a tier below the celtics.. this series is still winnable.. but everything has to be perfect for us to win…

We dont have the privilege that they have. Butler cant have an off day like Tatum has had 2-3 times this series, because theres no one consistent behind him that can carry the lod. Tatum has Jaylen Brown who has had just one inefficient game this series, and yet he still brings it defensively.

Then theres the supporting cast, they arent making any shots themselves. It was pathetic seeing two separate instances of 2 offensive rebounds and not a basket scored. Thats three shots at the rim per instance, six total shots, that lead to nothing.

Point blank layups missed.. point blank opportunities passed out for three point attempts that lead to miss..
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,125

Post#1357 » by dolphinatik » Thu May 26, 2022 2:04 pm

I think Jimmy is the problem and they need to play more without him on the floor. Meanwhile Boston has dictated that they are going to the rack early and often and there is nothing we have been able to do about it because Spo wont play his bigs. Combined with us being afraid of goin in the paint. Ole school ball would have played every big on our bench on post ups until we get Timelord and Horford in foul trouble. We are the better team just poorly coached and Ime Udoka is exploiting our unwillingness to veer formt he gameplan. Hell id even post of Duncan Robinson at this point.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,741

Post#1358 » by KingDavid » Thu May 26, 2022 2:05 pm

al bondiga wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's saying another because it's obvious we've only had one consistent star this playoffs before he went down in game 3. He is likely implying that Bam is not a star. Tatum is a star. When he doesn't have it going, he has Jaylen, another star, ready to attack. Jimmy is a star. When he doesn't have it going, he has nobody to turn to even though Bam is in his prime with a max contract.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,378

Post#1359 » by Vertical Limit » Thu May 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Lol i ran into all the nonsense embiid articles about his tweet last night… relax philadelphia fans.. remember Miami has more jersey edits of any team in the NBA. You have Embiid locked till 2027 and theres no chance Morey trades him even if Embiid asked. Theres a bigger chance Butler returns to philadelphia than Embiid coming here.
954gator
Junior
And1: 329

Post#1360 » by 954gator » Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 pm

Don't get why everyone's so harsh on Bam. We couldn't hit a fukn ocean these last few games. The real issue is at point and the guard positions in general. Struss is in pain cant hit anything, Lowry just has no shot or ability to get easy baskets. Dipo has no hops. These guys can't finish at the rim on the break save for Bam and Butler. Butler is hobbling and getting no lift on his shots.
Miss open shots= can't win period.
So many things going on and Bam is the least of the concerns.

Return to Miami Heat