ImageImageImage

ECF Game 6 Fri, 5/27 SHAMBLES @ BOS 8:30 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Re: ECF Game 6 Fri, 5/27 SHAMBLES @ BOS 8:30 PM EST 

Post#1701 » by harlem_ball » Sat May 28, 2022 5:44 pm

DayofMourning wrote:In reference to Jimmy's knee, we really need to get some top shelf rim protection, so Bam and others can handle the mid to long range responsibilities and take some of the onus off Jimmy. He should be allowed to coast on D during the regular season as much as possible. Having better rim protection would allow for less of the switching defense and all out exertion that has shown to be trouble for our vets over the course of a 100 game season.

We will have Caleb Martin to take some load off.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#1702 » by fishfuego. » Sat May 28, 2022 5:49 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:That songs takes some diehards all the way back to 1988 lol

i dont go that far back

i started watching heat basketball when G Money (Glen Rice) was on the team, in the early 1990s as a little kid

just like you, ive been here for the entire ride of pat riley though.

1994 for me when I started playing NBA live and chose Miami because my uncle lived there. 95/96 when the NBA started getting more coverage in Brazil it’s when I was a full Heater.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah I was a kid in 1988-89 when all started for the Heat, and was at the time a Lakers fan with Rile and Magic, but Magic got sick and Riley departed for NYNicks, the Heat became my team per local support. Once Riley came aboard I couldn’t believe my amazing bball luck and then Zo plus Timmy.

Good times and tough teams man, going from 0 to 60. Very similar to what’s happening here with a rebuilding Heat going from 0-60 with the arrival of Jimmy.

I agree with you that Spo frustrates the chit out of me with some dumb head decisions with lineups all the time.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,951

Post#1703 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 28, 2022 6:15 pm

Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like father, like son
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1704 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 28, 2022 6:17 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh man :lol:

He hasn’t been looking to score but we have to capitalize on stuff like this. We tried 3 times but they were all turnovers

Why so he can go for a layup or jump shot and miss?

So he can make a wide open dunk, literally just lob the **** up. That happened 3 times last night. 2 other times he had smart and brown on him and we turned it over trying to get to him.

I understand you guys are upset at his scoring right now but the dumb s*** saying he’ll miss a wide open dunk is well, just that. I’m sure you all were pissed when Bosh wasn’t scoring on our way to a championship in 2013 while he was locking everyone up too. It is what it is
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1705 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 28, 2022 6:21 pm

AirP. wrote:So, Perkins and Scal are saying they heard Butler took 2 shots for his knee today(for pain, inflammation), so it seems the knee is an issue and Butler probably hasn't been doing this in hopes that the knee gets back to normal on it's own. I expect Butler to do it again for game 7 and if Miami were to get past Boston, it's quite possible he sits a game in hopes of his knee getting more manageable vs taking shots for pain and possibly doing more damage to his knee.

No way man, while it would be nice for him to get a game off we simply just can’t afford to do that at this point against a team like the warriors if we get there. This isn’t the same situation as the hawks. He’s just going to have to keep getting the shots. At the least we have 1 more game, most we have 8. He can manage. He’s going to get 3 full days off if we win Sunday with the finals starting Thursday so that’ll be huge.
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#1706 » by twix2500 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:36 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:Home crowd needs to be rocking tomorrow night and give this team some energy. Be there on time, be LOUD, be back in your damn seat when the second half starts for goodness sake. Give this team a real home court advantage for once and dont let Boston get comfortable.
Wish I was in Miami I would definitely be there making a scene

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#1707 » by twix2500 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:40 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
Dc__20 wrote:I’ll be minority but I don’t think heat need a super human Jimmy game. Just need everyone rolling and dropping shots to get it done

Thats all we ever need to win. The problem is we’ve got key guys that arent getting anywhere near their averages.
Its the playoffs. A well rounded team effort is limited in the playoffs. Thats why star players tend to carry their teams the further you get in the playoffs. Star players overcome schemes role players get schemed out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,816

Post#1708 » by AirP. » Sat May 28, 2022 8:18 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
AirP. wrote:So, Perkins and Scal are saying they heard Butler took 2 shots for his knee today(for pain, inflammation), so it seems the knee is an issue and Butler probably hasn't been doing this in hopes that the knee gets back to normal on it's own. I expect Butler to do it again for game 7 and if Miami were to get past Boston, it's quite possible he sits a game in hopes of his knee getting more manageable vs taking shots for pain and possibly doing more damage to his knee.

No way man, while it would be nice for him to get a game off we simply just can’t afford to do that at this point against a team like the warriors if we get there. This isn’t the same situation as the hawks. He’s just going to have to keep getting the shots. At the least we have 1 more game, most we have 8. He can manage. He’s going to get 3 full days off if we win Sunday with the finals starting Thursday so that’ll be huge.

Whatever he did for his knee before game 6 it doesn't look like he did it for games 3-5, to me that says either there's a downside to doing that or he went 3/4 speed for 3-5 in hopes of it just getting better on it's own without putting much work on it. With that said I think he'll be doing the same exact thing for game 7, makes little to no sense not to unless his knee is just messed up.

My logic on saying to possibly sit him game 1 is that he'll be much healthier for game 2 on during the finals (if they get there). I lean towards a very well rested GS team winning their 1st home game in the finals, I'd rather try to win the next 4 of 6 with a healthier Butler then try to win 4 of 7 with what we saw in game 3-5.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#1709 » by HEATVols865 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:31 pm

harlem_ball wrote:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Butler is risking long-term damage to the knee in order to win today. He's a gutsy guy and he is a guy that lays it all on the line to win. :nod:

For that contract that’s what he should do…unlike Bam and his business decision on Brown’s dunk

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1710 » by AirP. » Sat May 28, 2022 8:38 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

Butler is risking long-term damage to the knee in order to win today. He's a gutsy guy and he is a guy that lays it all on the line to win. :nod:

For that contract that’s what he should do…unlike Bam and his business decision on Brown’s dunk

You do realize he's signed for the max for the next 4 years, that long term damage may mean being out for a large portion of a year and that possibly could be next year if he has to have it fixed this offseason.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1711 » by AirP. » Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm

Wow, Morris being an idiot and being on the court during a live ball is a problem. I still believe Miami held him out because they had issues with him, that late foul he made on Jokic was a cheap shot and I doubt the organization wasn't very happy with him and kept him out for his "safety" way longer than they should have, they just didn't want him back on the court for them.

Here's the Theo Pinson issue.
Spoiler:

Here's him singing Suns in 4!

Crashing a North Carolina interview.

Read on Twitter
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,147

Post#1712 » by MorbidHEAT » Sat May 28, 2022 8:41 pm

Before game 6 I was saying that we would win game 6 and lose game 7. Now I'm not so sure based on the way they responded. I think we will win game 7.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#1713 » by HEATVols865 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:26 pm

AirP. wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

You do realize he's signed for the max for the next 4 years, that long term damage may mean being out for a large portion of a year and that possibly could be next year if he has to have it fixed this offseason.

If we win the title, I couldn’t care less

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.

Return to Miami Heat