ImageImageImage

PG: Heat vs Celtics Game 7 (Thanks for the memories brehs)

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Re: PG: Heat vs Celtics Game 7 (Thanks for the memories brehs) 

Post#301 » by carnageta » Tue May 31, 2022 9:20 pm

The series was lost in game 5. 2-2 coming home, best out of three. Got blown out the previous game. We needed to win that game. When we lost game 5, we pretty much banked on our shooters having two (2) good consecutive shooting games in a row (which they haven't really done since the Philly series) AND the Celtics having two (2) poor shooting games back-to-back.

That's a lot to bank on, and hard to overcome against a team like Boston. We got away with it in 2012 due to our talent, and in 2016 (due to the lack of talent on the opposing team - **Charlotte Hornets**), but not this time.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#302 » by miamiballer » Tue May 31, 2022 10:49 pm

:( Still heartbroken..don’t think I’ve ever been this heartbroken after a heat loss…still in pain, don’t know when it’ll end
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#303 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Jun 1, 2022 7:28 am

miamiballer wrote::( Still heartbroken..don’t think I’ve ever been this heartbroken after a heat loss…still in pain, don’t know when it’ll end

Move on friend.
OP for NBA FT record
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,544

Post#304 » by marson » Wed Jun 1, 2022 7:38 am

miamiballer wrote::( Still heartbroken..don’t think I’ve ever been this heartbroken after a heat loss…still in pain, don’t know when it’ll end

Nothing more heartbreaking than the 2011 Finals lol. We should've 100% won that if Bron didn't play scared.

I felt like even if we win this series, the Warriors would still win in 5 or 6 assuming we never recovered from the injuries.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#305 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Jun 1, 2022 8:52 am

marson wrote:

Nothing more heartbreaking than the 2011 Finals lol. We should've 100% won that if Bron didn't play scared.

I felt like even if we win this series, the Warriors would still win in 5 or 6 assuming we never recovered from the injuries.

IDGAF what the majority & bias ass media says.....
If Lowry was 100% healthy in the ECF we take out Boston.
If Heat's key players are 100% healthy going into the NBA finals we win the series!

Boston didn't beat us our health did! In spite of us hobbled & depleted we were a 3 pointer away from an exhausted Butler to potentially take out the East. And even then Boston only won by 4pts while their best 2 players were 100% healthy all series.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#306 » by goodboy » Wed Jun 1, 2022 11:40 am

Bright
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#307 » by Shootit » Wed Jun 1, 2022 11:56 am

Not going to lie, while the loss sucks, the team exceeded my expectations this season.
How this team's FO finds guys like Strus, Vincent and others to fill in the supporting roles is amazing and makes me confident in the short term they can make another run. Even with dead weight like Robinson sitting on the bench
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#308 » by miamiballer » Wed Jun 1, 2022 2:56 pm

Another super painful one was 2005 ecf loss to pistons at home..that sucked because you know if Wade was healthy we go to the finals. In fact this series reminds me a lot of that one in some ways

At the end of the day, we have 3 championships and despite being a newer franchise have gone to multiple finals and ecf finals…we are a super legit franchise with a rich tradition

No doubt we’ll be back
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,692

Post#309 » by HEATVols865 » Wed Jun 1, 2022 5:02 pm

marson wrote:

Don’t forget Spo allowing Bron to take over from Wade who had the hot hand and not stopping it just because Bron couldn’t stand the thought of winning and Wade being the finals MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,900

Post#310 » by SoFlaKingReal » Wed Jun 1, 2022 5:04 pm

Guys, we never had a chance. Once Tatum put on the Kobe armband it was a wrap for us. LMAO what a joke
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,900

Post#311 » by SoFlaKingReal » Wed Jun 1, 2022 5:10 pm

miamiballer wrote:Another super painful one was 2005 ecf loss to pistons at home..that sucked because you know if Wade was healthy we go to the finals. In fact this series reminds me a lot of that one in some ways

At the end of the day, we have 3 championships and despite being a newer franchise have gone to multiple finals and ecf finals…we are a super legit franchise with a rich tradition

No doubt we’ll be back

This felt eerily similar to 2005. The Heat had not lost in the Conference Finals since that year. Both times the Heat lost a Game 7 at home.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#312 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Jun 1, 2022 5:10 pm

Losses suck, but that first Mavs-Heat finals cancels any bad loss for me. A loss in that series would have been an all time loss. The next year the team was done so no repeat finals. Maybe no Bosh/Bron down the road either. The Heat needed that more than any other playoff series.
OP for NBA FT record
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#313 » by spectrec130 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 10:22 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
spectrec130 wrote:
Rapaz wrote:This x1000

Let’s hope he was bluffing when he said this:
Read on Twitter

Can see Riles making it known that these are valued pieces in order to avoid undercutting in a possible trade negotiation involving them.....

i think that riles has lost the plot, duncan sucked ballz this season and that's a fact. herro was much better but disappeared like houdini at the playoffs

Wait and see what happens this offseason with Herro/Duncan/Lowry/Tucker and what moves Riles can do to help Jimmy.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,916

Post#314 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Jun 3, 2022 7:09 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:Guys, we never had a chance. Once Tatum put on the Kobe armband it was a wrap for us. LMAO what a joke

Don’t forget to add that he texted Kobe before the game too lol
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,981

Post#315 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jun 3, 2022 10:56 pm

spectrec130 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
spectrec130 wrote:

Can see Riles making it known that these are valued pieces in order to avoid undercutting in a possible trade negotiation involving them.....

i think that riles has lost the plot, duncan sucked ballz this season and that's a fact. herro was much better but disappeared like houdini at the playoffs

Wait and see what happens this offseason with Herro/Duncan/Lowry/Tucker and what moves Riles can do to help Jimmy.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,981

Post#316 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jun 3, 2022 10:58 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:Guys, we never had a chance. Once Tatum put on the Kobe armband it was a wrap for us. LMAO what a joke

Don’t forget to add that he texted Kobe before the game too lol
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#317 » by harlem_ball » Sat Jun 4, 2022 12:59 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
spectrec130 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:

bamheat
Senior
And1: 1,152

Post#318 » by bamheat » Sun Jun 5, 2022 11:57 am

Am I the only one that thinks Tatum wearing the Kobe band was one of the most corny and cringe thing to ever happen in basketball?
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#319 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Jun 5, 2022 12:37 pm

bamheat wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Tatum wearing the Kobe band was one of the most corny and cringe thing to ever happen in basketball?

corn ball

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
bamheat
Senior
And1: 1,152

Post#320 » by bamheat » Mon Jun 6, 2022 12:32 am

3ballbomber wrote:
bamheat wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Tatum wearing the Kobe band was one of the most corny and cringe thing to ever happen in basketball?

corn ball

Read on Twitter

No way he did that lmao. Is that real? This guy doesn't even have his own identity. Jesus

Return to Miami Heat