ImageImageImage

**Fantasy Trade Thread** Updated for 2023

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Re: **Fantasy Trade Thread** Updated for 2023 

Post#281 » by unowen85 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 6:34 pm

Pharenheit wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
Pharenheit wrote:Lowry, Robinson, Jovic, 2 first rounders for Chris paul, Saric expiring, Jae Crowder expiring

Makes no sense - horrible assets management.

you're using all our future assets and sweeteners for a pure salary dump which leaves us no way to get better, no way to use cap space, and nets us no impactful players going forward

Shouldn’t the primary objective be getting rid of Lowry and Robinsons contracts while also making a competitive win now move? Not sure what the negative reaction is all about

But you’re getting rid of Lowry’s contract and getting Paul’s contract in return. At the moment, I’d rather have Lowry’s. So let’s say those two are a wash. Then that means you think Jovic, Robinson, and two firsts are equal value to Jae and Saric. That’s an overpay.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,785

Post#282 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Jan 3, 2023 6:40 pm

unowen85 wrote:
Pharenheit wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Makes no sense - horrible assets management.

you're using all our future assets and sweeteners for a pure salary dump which leaves us no way to get better, no way to use cap space, and nets us no impactful players going forward

Shouldn’t the primary objective be getting rid of Lowry and Robinsons contracts while also making a competitive win now move? Not sure what the negative reaction is all about

But you’re getting rid of Lowry’s contract and getting Paul’s contract in return. At the moment, I’d rather have Lowry’s. So let’s say those two are a wash. Then that means you think Jovic, Robinson, and two firsts are equal value to Jae and Saric. That’s an overpay.

I believe Paul is the better higher ceiling player as long as healthy. Imagine him throwing darts to Bam, Jimmy, and Herro all game long. I like our chances better with Paul than Robinson/Lowry. Maybe reduce the compensation a bit but this would be a win now move imo
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#283 » by ShulaDon92 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 6:45 pm

Pharenheit wrote:Lowry, Robinson, Jovic, 2 first rounders for Chris paul, Saric expiring, Jae Crowder expiring

Is not the worst deal. We get the ship this year
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,969

Post#284 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jan 3, 2023 6:48 pm

Shoot. Cp3 much more valuable than minimum salary Lowry. If we had ditched the unsuccessful Giannis plan, we probably would have gotten CP3. Who knows how that impacts us but my view is we win a chip. Now it's too late. We cannot afford to trade value for retirement age players.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#285 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Jan 3, 2023 7:02 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Shoot. Cp3 much more valuable than minimum salary Lowry. If we had ditched the unsuccessful Giannis plan, we probably would have gotten CP3. Who knows how that impacts us but my view is we win a chip. Now it's too late. We cannot afford to trade value for retirement age players.

Agreed. What if it just cost 1 first rounder or Jovic though?

Also When Yurt eventually comes back, the CP3 Yurt PNR would be deadly
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#286 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Jan 3, 2023 7:16 pm

This thread should be intended for lighthearted talk of trades that are unlikely anyways. Maybe the compensation was too much that I proposed but I think most Heat fans are in the same boat when wanting changes to the roster via trade. We may just be a Jae Crowder/Iguodala/Solomon Hill trade away from actually competing
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#287 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 3, 2023 8:37 pm

Pharenheit wrote:This thread should be intended for lighthearted talk of trades that are unlikely anyways. Maybe the compensation was too much that I proposed but I think most Heat fans are in the same boat when wanting changes to the roster via trade. We may just be a Jae Crowder/Iguodala/Solomon Hill trade away from actually competing

the main problem i had with the idea is this -

I don't mind giving up assets, even all our assets, but the trade MUST bring an impact player that can be here long term.

We have very few bullets in our chamber - it's crucial we make them count.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#288 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Jan 3, 2023 9:04 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Pharenheit wrote:This thread should be intended for lighthearted talk of trades that are unlikely anyways. Maybe the compensation was too much that I proposed but I think most Heat fans are in the same boat when wanting changes to the roster via trade. We may just be a Jae Crowder/Iguodala/Solomon Hill trade away from actually competing

I don't mind giving up assets, even all our assets, but the trade MUST bring an impact player that can be here long term.

That might not be realistic if we are being honest. Most trades have us basically using Lowry and or Duncan and Picks yet we expect an impact player. Thats not going to happen. Next year Herro is most likely to be tradable but would he + his 30 mil + picks be enough to get an impact player? It all depends on what one considers an impact player.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,988

Post#289 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Jan 3, 2023 9:05 pm

The time to swing on CP was the same summer we acquired Jimmy. He legit may be washed up now and it’s locked in for a few years
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#290 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Jan 3, 2023 9:14 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:The time to swing on CP was the same summer we acquired Jimmy. He legit may be washed up now and it’s locked in for a few years

I agree that was the ideal time to get CP. Technically isn't CP contract better than Lowry right now, the last year is a team option and next years contract is only guaranteed for 15 mil vs Lowry and his near 30 mil deal?
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#291 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Jan 3, 2023 10:37 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:

That's understandable and I get it. I just hope we strike on something before the uber playoff Jimmy era is done
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#292 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Jan 3, 2023 10:40 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:The time to swing on CP was the same summer we acquired Jimmy. He legit may be washed up now and it’s locked in for a few years

I agree that was the ideal time to get CP. Technically isn't CP contract better than Lowry right now, the last year is a team option and next years contract is only guaranteed for 15 mil vs Lowry and his near 30 mil deal?

That makes him a way better deal than Lowry. He can still facilitate an offense to a tee as well unlike Lowry
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#293 » by puppa bear » Wed Jan 4, 2023 4:05 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:

It might be me stanning the team, but I think we are only a Iggy/Jae/Solo type trade from being back in the ECF. The outgoing pretty much has to be Lowry/Duncan from a salary perspective, and after adding the picks we should be able to get a few useful players.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#294 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jan 4, 2023 8:36 am

puppa bear wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

It might be me stanning the team, but I think we are only a Iggy/Jae/Solo type trade from being back in the ECF. The outgoing pretty much has to be Lowry/Duncan from a salary perspective, and after adding the picks we should be able to get a few useful players.

That's where we differ, I don't think a Crowder type player is enough for us at this stage.

He might help us be competitive against the top teams, but if we're serious about winning big we need to add at least, at minimum, an above average starter. Someone like a Myles Turner, John Collins - someone that can win us a game in a ECF serires.

Crowder and these tier of rotation players are not enough to push us over the top, and that's not even mentioning the long term aspects of adding a player that's already started declining.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 904

Post#295 » by Pokuokic » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:00 pm

With the way the Hawks are going John Collins and a few other pieces will be very gettable imo. I actually like John Collins because it keeps Bam at the 5 and if you stagger their minutes he gives you a lot of what Bam does on offense as well so you don't need to change how you play offensively at all.
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#296 » by ShulaDon92 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:06 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:the main problem i had with the idea is this -

That's where we differ, I don't think a Crowder type player is enough for us at this stage.

He might help us be competitive against the top teams, but if we're serious about winning big we need to add at least, at minimum, an above average starter. Someone like a Myles Turner, John Collins - someone that can win us a game in a ECF serires.

Crowder and these tier of rotation players are not enough to push us over the top, and that's not even mentioning the long term aspects of adding a player that's already started declining.

Neither John Collins or Turner is that guy as of now. We don't need another star we need to balance the damn roster first. Our stars are jimmy, bam, and herro.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#297 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:09 pm

ShulaDon92 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:It might be me stanning the team, but I think we are only a Iggy/Jae/Solo type trade from being back in the ECF. The outgoing pretty much has to be Lowry/Duncan from a salary perspective, and after adding the picks we should be able to get a few useful players.

Neither John Collins or Turner is that guy as of now. We don't need another star we need to balance the damn roster first. Our stars are jimmy, bam, and herro.

Neither of those guys are stars, Turner would help tons.
#FreeBam
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#298 » by ShulaDon92 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:12 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
ShulaDon92 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Not surprised thats coming from you. That's fine.
I think they are stars.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#299 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:26 pm

ShulaDon92 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
ShulaDon92 wrote:

Not surprised thats coming from you. That's fine.
I think they are stars.

#FreeBam
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by ShulaDon92 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 6:46 pm

Jimmy Hendrixx the Celtic killer?
Herro the Jazz slayer?
Bam the Tatum eraser?

Starzzz

Return to Miami Heat