ImageImageImage

**Fantasy Trade Thread** Updated for 2023

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Re: **Fantasy Trade Thread 2022** 

Post#61 » by twix2500 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Yea I was going to say it could always be worse and you could’ve been the kings taking Bagley instead lmao! Unreal. To be fair Bagley was a helluva player though and looked to have Bosh like potential, injuries have screwed him
I thought Heat should of taken a chance at trading for Bagley. As much as everyone on this board wanted Woods. Bagley has the same talents as Woods.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bagley plays zero defense. He is horrid on defense.
Oh I agree Bagley needs development. He has the talent and I thought if you was to bring on a cheap move that could pay off he would be the guy. Rather have him instead of Highsmith. Not suggesting getting Bagley to plug him in as a starter now.

I always look for role players to get while their market is low like we did with Tucker and Battier and Chris Anderson. Not while its high.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#62 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:36 pm

Wiltside wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:They must be sick they took Ayton over Luka

Looked dumb at the time. Looks even dumber now.

They even had Luka’s old coach as their HC at the time. Cmon bruh.

This one stinks of Sarver pulling an ultimatum to sell tickets for the hometown kid.

I can't gauge foreign players for ****. I imagine at some point I thought I could, but I doubt I've ever been right.

In that draft though, Luka was so highly publicized. I would expect a professional team with pro scouting would have that one figured out.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#63 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:32 pm

twix2500 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
twix2500 wrote:I thought Heat should of taken a chance at trading for Bagley. As much as everyone on this board wanted Woods. Bagley has the same talents as Woods.

Oh I agree Bagley needs development. He has the talent and I thought if you was to bring on a cheap move that could pay off he would be the guy. Rather have him instead of Highsmith. Not suggesting getting Bagley to plug him in as a starter now.

I always look for role players to get while their market is low like we did with Tucker and Battier and Chris Anderson. Not while its high.

After 5 Seasons and two teams unable to teach him defense, he isn't going to all of a sudden have any epiphany. He is what he is. I watched him alot and he isn't going to all of a sudden learn defense.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
twix2500
RealGM

Post#64 » by twix2500 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:06 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

After 5 Seasons and two teams unable to teach him defense, he isn't going to all of a sudden have any epiphany. He is what he is. I watched him alot and he isn't going to all of a sudden learn defense.
Once Wiggins got to a reputable organization he developed defensively. Bagley is not a man without the physical tools.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#65 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:18 pm

twix2500 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Oh I agree Bagley needs development. He has the talent and I thought if you was to bring on a cheap move that could pay off he would be the guy. Rather have him instead of Highsmith. Not suggesting getting Bagley to plug him in as a starter now.

Once Wiggins got to a reputable organization he developed defensively. Bagley is not a man without the physical tools.

Wiggins always showed he had the tools. Bagley hasn't shown an inkling of capable defense. Trust me, you are having a NBA2K pipedream.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:54 am

What is it going to take to get Grant fellas? If the Heat have interest, I'm not sure we can compete with other teams for him. We don't have juicy enough picks and I damn sure wouldn't trade Herro for him.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#67 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:04 pm

An interesting one for you guys.

Jonathan Isaac.

Now 24yrs old, hasn’t played NBA ball since the bubble, and has 3/52 owing on his deal. Also plays the same position as whoever the Magic are likely to take at #1.

His value is hard to gauge, and he’s a bit of a loose cannon as a personality, but I have a hard time thinking of a more depressed asset that could be attainable for relatively meager cost.

Duncan and #27? Sounds cheap, but look at what Wood just went for. And he’s healthy. Magic could use some spacing and vets to help their young guys grow.

I dunno, I could be way off on that and we may have to add other bits into it, but he’s a name I’ve been thinking about.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:15 pm

Wiltside wrote:An interesting one for you guys.

Jonathan Isaac.

Now 24yrs old, hasn’t played NBA ball since the bubble, and has 3/52 owing on his deal. Also plays the same position as whoever the Magic are likely to take at #1.

His value is hard to gauge, and he’s a bit of a loose cannon as a personality, but I have a hard time thinking of a more depressed asset that could be attainable for relatively meager cost.

Duncan and #27? Sounds cheap, but look at what Wood just went for. And he’s healthy. Magic could use some spacing and vets to help their young guys grow.

I dunno, I could be way off on that and we may have to add other bits into it, but he’s a name I’ve been thinking about.

He's very intriguing. He's missed the past two seasons. Big injury risk.

gom was one of his staunchest supporters during that draft. Then I stopped by the T&T board and I read gom saying Isaac can go fly a kite.

As you say, maybe the personality isn't right. Not right enough when paired with his injury history.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#69 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:49 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

Jonathan Isaac.

gom was one of his staunchest supporters during that draft. Then I stopped by the T&T board and I read gom saying Isaac can go fly a kite.

As you say, maybe the personality isn't right. Not right enough when paired with his injury history.

Massive injury risk, but if Duncan is gonna be DNP’d for the foreseeable future…

I do worry about the personality fit. Questionable. Very questionable.

But getting off a year of Duncan’s deal and adding a player that would significantly impact our 3/4 spot for the long term is intriguing.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#70 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:18 pm

Isaac is not ever gonna be a Heat. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired early to be an evangelicist.

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#71 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:18 pm

DayofMourning wrote:What is it going to take to get Grant fellas? If the Heat have interest, I'm not sure we can compete with other teams for him. We don't have juicy enough picks and I damn sure wouldn't trade Herro for him.

After looking at the price Wood just went for we are definitely not trading Herro at this point. I propose a trade something along these lines

Duncan Robinson
Omer Yurtseven
27th pick
2023 protected

For

Grant
46th pick

It basically comes down to having to compensate Detroit for taking on Duncan’s deal. Yurt and the 2023 protected should hopefully be enough for taking on the 75 million left on his deal.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:19 pm

Wiltside wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Jonathan Isaac.

Massive injury risk, but if Duncan is gonna be DNP’d for the foreseeable future…

I do worry about the personality fit. Questionable. Very questionable.

But getting off a year of Duncan’s deal and adding a player that would significantly impact our 3/4 spot for the long term is intriguing.

Defense would be pretty nutty with Isaac. Kid has a jumper too.

Who would you rather have, Bamba or Isaac?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:28 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:What is it going to take to get Grant fellas? If the Heat have interest, I'm not sure we can compete with other teams for him. We don't have juicy enough picks and I damn sure wouldn't trade Herro for him.

After looking at the price Wood just went for we are definitely not trading Herro at this point. I propose a trade something along these lines

Duncan Robinson
Omer Yurtseven
27th pick
2023 protected

For

Grant
46th pick

It basically comes down to having to compensate Detroit for taking on Duncan’s deal. Yurt and the 2023 protected should hopefully be enough for taking on the 75 million left on his deal.

I think that trade is fair. I will always wonder what Bam playing with a center would look like. With Spo I know I will never get a chance to see it.

So, send Yurt packing instead of having him ride pine. The picks don't mean much to the Heat historically either. Might as well keep up the 30 year trend. Duncan is a DNP come playoff time when he can't shoot and is accosted on D. We are losing absolutely nothing.

Detroit will actually play Omer and appreciate him more due to the youth of their core. Duncan will probably shoot 40% and help give their stars more room to operate. The picks aren't juicy but they could be good currency if nothing else.

Also, I don't look at DRobs contract as a negative. That thing is super easy to move. It's great trade weight at minimum.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,569

Post#74 » by greg4012 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:11 pm

Jonathan Isaac.

Jonathan Isaac has always been the perfect fit next to Bam for me. It would take our defense to another stratosphere. He also has untapped upside on offense, but can at least be trained as a 3-point spacer.

With that said he is obviously injury prone and is a total weirdo.

If Isaac is being shopped, I hope Miami is engaged in talks with Orlando.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#75 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,569

Post#76 » by greg4012 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:57 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pistons fans seem to have identified Portland (giving up the #7 pick) as their best case trade partner for Grant. If that doesn't materialize, then the market for Grant shifts more in our favor.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#77 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:05 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pistons fans seem to have identified Portland (giving up the #7 pick) as their best case trade partner for Grant. If that doesn't materialize, then the market for Grant shifts more in our favor.

Atlanta is also after him and a few other teams.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,552

Post#78 » by Johnny Fontane » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:14 pm

Jonathan Isaac.

I do that trade all day everyday. Isaac has legit defensive skills. Can you imagine a lineup of

Gabe
Oladipo
Butler
Isaac
Adebayo

Defense would be insane. Only problem would be keeping him healthy
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#79 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:02 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

When it comes to Grant he can somewhat control his trade destination. Teams don’t want to give up prime assets if the player is not interested in signing long term. Hoping he approves signing extension in Miami and the Pistons get a fair offer from us.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#80 » by Wiltside » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:35 am

Would froth OG, no lie. Damn shame we won’t have the currency.

Return to Miami Heat