ImageImageImage

Herro Coming Back Would Be Bad…

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,690

Herro Coming Back Would Be Bad… 

Post#1 » by HEATVols865 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:48 am

This team right now has crazy chemistry, they’re playing well. Herro coming back would disrupt all that and the team would fall apart. If he’s ahead of schedule, please don’t play him. Ride or die without him. He would force shots and try to pad his stats and the team would suffer.
Leave Little Dicky off the court…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Re: Herro Coming Back Would Be Bad… 

Post#2 » by 3ballbomber » Wed May 10, 2023 5:28 am

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#3 » by gom » Wed May 10, 2023 2:00 pm

Sad thread.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 526

Post#4 » by Lennyzinho » Wed May 10, 2023 4:49 pm

You're telling me you wouldn't prefer Herro taking on the Duncan Robinson minutes? Herro was our best 3pt shooter all season, is a better playmaker, a better rebounder and has improved on defense (also commits less fouls although Duncan probably gets the worst whistle in the league from refs).
I totally understand what you're saying, and I would definitely not start him. But think about how important he would have been for us in game 2 with no Jimmy. We were in desperate need of some playmaking and alpha scoring late in that game and it was clear we didn't have it and the Knicks made a comeback and won. The ball does stick to Herro too much at times, and I've had non Heat friends of mine actually bring this up. How Herro out might have helped our passing and gameplanning, but I refuse to believe if he went back to his 6th man type role or took Duncan's minutes, he wouldn't be a plus for this team.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#5 » by HEATVols865 » Wed May 10, 2023 5:48 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:You're telling me you wouldn't prefer Herro taking on the Duncan Robinson minutes? Herro was our best 3pt shooter all season, is a better playmaker, a better rebounder and has improved on defense (also commits less fouls although Duncan probably gets the worst whistle in the league from refs).
I totally understand what you're saying, and I would definitely not start him. But think about how important he would have been for us in game 2 with no Jimmy. We were in desperate need of some playmaking and alpha scoring late in that game and it was clear we didn't have it and the Knicks made a comeback and won. The ball does stick to Herro too much at times, and I've had non Heat friends of mine actually bring this up. How Herro out might have helped our passing and gameplanning, but I refuse to believe if he went back to his 6th man type role or took Duncan's minutes, he wouldn't be a plus for this team.

If he is on a leash knowing he’s not Batman, Robin and maybe not even Batgirl, sure. But do you trust him to follow marching orders and check his ego at the door? I sure as hell don’t.

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 526

Post#6 » by Lennyzinho » Wed May 10, 2023 6:27 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:
Lennyzinho wrote:You're telling me you wouldn't prefer Herro taking on the Duncan Robinson minutes? Herro was our best 3pt shooter all season, is a better playmaker, a better rebounder and has improved on defense (also commits less fouls although Duncan probably gets the worst whistle in the league from refs).

If he is on a leash knowing he’s not Batman, Robin and maybe not even Batgirl, sure. But do you trust him to follow marching orders and check his ego at the door? I sure as hell don’t.

Seeing the success of this team, watching from the bench how the team is playing, Jimmy being HIM ... you would think so. And he thrived as 6th man last year. It's the playoffs, he would have to accept whatever role was given to him. If you don't trust him at all you're basically calling him Jordan Poole. Herro ain't no Booker but he ain't no Poole either. He'd be fine imo. <fingers crossed>
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#7 » by ShulaDon92 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Can't force Herro into the lineup if the team is rolling.

Ease him in without forcing the issue.

Cant forget the way Stan fd up with the Magic and Jameer Nelson.

Don't force it Spo!

Spo knows

-SHULA
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 34,906

Post#8 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 10, 2023 6:38 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:

Seeing the success of this team, watching from the bench how the team is playing, Jimmy being HIM ... you would think so. And he thrived as 6th man last year. It's the playoffs, he would have to accept whatever role was given to him. If you don't trust him at all you're basically calling him Jordan Poole. Herro ain't no Booker but he ain't no Poole either. He'd be fine imo. <fingers crossed>

I mean are Poole and Herro really that far apart? Poole is struggling in the playoffs this season as Herro always has but he was huge in them winning the championship last season. His playoffs this season are very comparable to the last 2 from Herro

As for my answer to the topic, you bring Herro off the bench 100% if he’s healthy but if the ball is stopping and the flow of the offense is changing you tell him to fix it or yank him.
#FreeBam
ShulaDon92
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,391

Post#9 » by ShulaDon92 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:54 pm

The playoffs is no time to force big lineup changes. Especially when winning and rolling.

We will need more firepower against the Sixers tho

Maxey is a problem

-SHULA
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#10 » by HEATVols865 » Wed May 10, 2023 7:02 pm

ShulaDon92 wrote:The playoffs is no time to force big lineup changes. Especially when winning and rolling.

We will need more firepower against the Sixers tho

Maxey is a problem

-SHULA

We can throw big booty at Maxey! LOL

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,665

Post#11 » by Kobewade11 » Wed May 10, 2023 7:13 pm

correlation ≠ causation.

Lennyzinho wrote:

Yea, actually sitting down and watching the Warriors this series has exposed Poole. Every time he touches the ball something bad happens.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#12 » by Vertical Limit » Wed May 10, 2023 8:47 pm

All the playoff metrics shows Robinson is a better playoff performer than Herro. Herro comes back and takes the garbage time duties. He is the worst defensive player on our team and hes not that efficient.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,431

Post#13 » by El Alonzo scowl » Wed May 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Let him earn his minutes like everyone else. Things are too important now for him to be given something.

Also not sure him coming off the bench would help since Kyle and him were clashing when they were both starting.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,980

Post#14 » by eddieheatfan » Wed May 10, 2023 8:55 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:This team right now has crazy chemistry, they’re playing well. Herro coming back would disrupt all that and the team would fall apart. If he’s ahead of schedule, please don’t play him. Ride or die without him. He would force shots and try to pad his stats and the team would suffer.
Leave Little Dicky off the court…

yeah i agree
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,862

Post#15 » by Tony15 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:16 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:Let him earn his minutes like everyone else. Things are too important now for him to be given something.

Also not sure him coming off the bench would help since Kyle and him were clashing when they were both starting.

Always the strangest thing with Tyler, even coming out of college. No reason why he can't be a better catch & shoot player.....
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,718

Post#16 » by twozeroMM » Thu May 11, 2023 2:19 pm

Herro is exactly what we need right now when shots aren't falling from our main role players. Also when Jimmy needs rest or is on the bench.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,793

Post#17 » by Hallstar » Thu May 11, 2023 2:36 pm

Only problem with the team this year is we took too long to move Lowry to the bench, that was your 50 win season right there. We thought Oladipo could replace Herro but he couldn't. Lowry does a much better job in the 6th man creator role
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,155

Post#18 » by SA37 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:04 pm

I am hoping if/when Herro comes back, Spoelstra uses the injury as an excuse to bring Herro off the bench.

Start:

Adebayo
Love
Butler
Strus
Vincent

and bring Herro - Lowry - Martin off the bench, with Zeller/Robinson getting spot minutes as needed.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,862

Post#19 » by Tony15 » Thu May 11, 2023 10:50 pm

SA37 wrote:I am hoping if/when Herro comes back, Spoelstra uses the injury as an excuse to bring Herro off the bench.

Start:

Adebayo
Love
Butler
Strus
Vincent

and bring Herro - Lowry - Martin off the bench, with Zeller/Robinson getting spot minutes as needed.

Exactly what should happen.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#20 » by benhillboy » Sat May 13, 2023 2:29 am

El Alonzo scowl wrote:Let him earn his minutes like everyone else. Things are too important now for him to be given something.

There’s no way the Heat win the grind out series verus the Knicks with Herro having probably one bad shooting game and one where he was egregiously hunted defensively. Brunson would’ve scoreed even more than the boatload of points he poured in through the series.

The Heat would not be leading the playoffs in damn near every hustle stat with him playing 25 minutes, let alone the ungodly 35 he played during the regular. I literally felt nothing when I heard he went down. I was like “okay, carry on.”

Return to Miami Heat