ImageImageImage

Game 5: Heat @ Celtics 8:30pm, 5/25/23

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Re: Game 5: Heat @ Celtics 8:30pm, 5/25/23 

Post#1181 » by eddieheatfan » Fri May 26, 2023 4:12 am

Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#1182 » by carnageta » Fri May 26, 2023 4:13 am

Mazz isn't coaching circles around Spo lol. The only thing Mazz has started to do differently is actually use all of his timeouts and coaches challenge throughout the game. Other than that, his players are red hot from three and making open shots.

In the past 4 years, 3 different head coaches had lead the Celtics to the ECF. I think that says more about the talent on the roster than it does the coaching.
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#1183 » by spectrec130 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:13 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Not a fuxkin soul on here had the heat in 4 or 5 but gosh damn let them lose a game and you all are ready to jump off the first bridge and trade/fire everyone :lol:

This is part of it. You’re not going to win every game and you’re going to get embarrassed here and there. Our worse loss was game 2 against the Bucks

You are absolutely correct but the devil is in the detail. It was never the fact that MIA lost but its HOW the Heat lost. Since midway thru the 3rd qtr of game 4, Boston has found their stroke and it hasn't even been competitive ever since..... Hate to break it ot ya but that is not a good sign!
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,715

Post#1184 » by al bondiga » Fri May 26, 2023 4:13 am

Let's talk about it... Heat Playing Like self righteous bricks Has given them a lot of confidence... We are in Trouble

I'm a bit sorry for the guys making little money ... But the truth is if you live by the JB you may die by The j b
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,042

Post#1185 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri May 26, 2023 4:13 am

3ballbomber wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:Jimmy’s a fake alpha. Need him to shut the **** up during the press conference
Spoiler:
and just say that this game is his fault. Then Bam needs to go in and do the same. I don’t care as much about the loss as I do about the effort and lack of urgency. Jimmy was out there like it was the preseason, not even looking at the basket. It was so bad that poor Duncan had to be our best playmaker. Bam will now be known as Bamthony. My man is as clumsy and offensively inefficient (at times) as Joel Anthony

We have the f*ckin worst fanbase for a top notch organization.

Oh, **** off, you douchebag. You can’t talk all the ish that he talks and then not back it up for 2 games straight. Getting punked out there by Derrick White.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1186 » by goodboy » Fri May 26, 2023 4:14 am

Hopefully Gabe is active for g6
Bright
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#1187 » by carnageta » Fri May 26, 2023 4:16 am

spectrec130 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Not a fuxkin soul on here had the heat in 4 or 5 but gosh damn let them lose a game and you all are ready to jump off the first bridge and trade/fire everyone :lol:

This is part of it. You’re not going to win every game and you’re going to get embarrassed here and there. Our worse loss was game 2 against the Bucks

You are absolutely correct but the devil is in the detail. It was never the fact that MIA lost but its HOW the Heat lost. Since midway thru the 3rd qtr of game 3, Boston has found their stroke and it hasn't even been competitive ever since..... Hate to break it ot ya but that is not a good sign!

Comes down to the three point shot. They hit 16 tonight, we hit 9. In the previous game they hit 18 while we had 9 once again.

Yeah, if they continue to make 7+ more threes than us, it will be tough to win. Can they continue there hot shooting though? And will our guys continue to struggle from deep? Find out on the next episode..
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#1188 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:16 am

Some folks wont be with us for game 6 it looks like
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1189 » by 3ballbomber » Fri May 26, 2023 4:22 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:Jimmy’s a fake alpha. Need him to shut the **** up during the press conference
Spoiler:
and just say that this game is his fault. Then Bam needs to go in and do the same. I don’t care as much about the loss as I do about the effort and lack of urgency. Jimmy was out there like it was the preseason, not even looking at the basket. It was so bad that poor Duncan had to be our best playmaker. Bam will now be known as Bamthony. My man is as clumsy and offensively inefficient (at times) as Joel Anthony

Oh, **** off, you douchebag. You can’t talk all the ish that he talks and then not back it up for 2 games straight. Getting punked out there by Derrick White.

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 38,814

Post#1190 » by Rapaz » Fri May 26, 2023 4:22 am

Kobewade11 wrote:Some folks wont be with us for game 6 it looks like

RIP Ron Rothstein. A great coach and steward of the game.

#WeHaveTooMuch
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1191 » by 3ballbomber » Fri May 26, 2023 4:25 am

carnageta wrote:Mazz isn't coaching circles around Spo lol. The only thing Mazz has started to do differently is actually use all of his timeouts and coaches challenge throughout the game. Other than that, his players are red hot from three and making open shots.

In the past 4 years, 3 different head coaches had lead the Celtics to the ECF. I think that says more about the talent on the roster than it does the coaching.

Spo would have won 2 rings w/ this highly talented Celtics team already.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
El Alonzo scowl
Starter
And1: 5,359

Post#1192 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri May 26, 2023 4:27 am

I see I missed nothing turning this off at halftime.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,432

Post#1193 » by Shewasfly » Fri May 26, 2023 4:33 am

Rapaz wrote:

Wth?? Seriously???
:tiredJB:
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1194 » by 3ballbomber » Fri May 26, 2023 4:34 am

Fans reverting back to their regular season form. Trade everyone. Jimmy's trash. Tough when winning, act like lil girls after losses. You're either on or off, you can't ride only when we're winning. I do not give a f*ck if we lose this series, i ride w/ this squad.

NXT GAME IS OURS. Go play in the sand pit if ya'll can't take some pressure w/out trashing this team that has provided us one hell of playoff run.

I understand now why there's a lot of Heat fans that don't post here & do on GB.

Read on Twitter

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#1195 » by Bishop45 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:44 am

3ballbomber wrote:
Spoiler:

All fanbases are like that, because ppl are like that tbh Let him air out his grievances, however unreasonable. Hopefully we all grow to love the game and the people that play it, regardless of how human and infallible they are (and however infallible the fanbases)

Personally, I'm excited for the rest of the series irrespective of the result!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#1196 » by HEATVols865 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:45 am

Bam is a coward who shrivels up in big games. Not even his defense has been elite…his contract is becoming as bad as Uncan’s…

Jimmy is a loud mouth who barks and loves to talk but when the time comes to actually back his talk, he disappears.

Spo…the king of adjustments. What adjustments did he make in game 4? None.
What adjustments did he make from game 4 into game 5? None
Mazzulla is out coaching him the last two game.

Lowry…**** what I said before, this fat clown who took tons of vacation last season and called it “personal reasons” became tradable, so trade him!

Oh but the Heat don’t deal well being front runners. Guess what? Losers can’t handle success. And that’s what this team is. Losers. A whole bunch of them.

We all laughed at Grant Williams. He talked, got burned. Guess who came back each game since, giving his all and guess who coasted and didn’t do alpha dog, elite, team leader things?

We have a bunch of cowards who feel good when things go well but when they take a huge punch to the face, they can’t handle it and bend over to take the big one up theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
SerialChiller
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,741

Post#1197 » by SerialChiller » Fri May 26, 2023 4:56 am

Shewasfly wrote:
Rapaz wrote:

Wth?? Seriously???

Nah it's a Rapaz post :lol:
SerialChiller
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,741

Post#1198 » by SerialChiller » Fri May 26, 2023 5:00 am

Well one thing is for sure...that L tonight was bigger than London Andrews a**. Time to get it together and end this Saturday.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1199 » by 3ballbomber » Fri May 26, 2023 5:01 am

Jimmy says all the right things. He never wavers & always provides that toughness. A great leader & ambassador for Heat Culture.

Jimmy's performed out-worldly to get us this far & i'll continue to show him respect regardless of his performance tonight.

When Jimmy finishes this off in gm6 fickle fans can eat crow w/ a side of sh*t :nod:

Read on Twitter

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#1200 » by Vertical Limit » Fri May 26, 2023 5:07 am

This was not a loss due to coaching. It was lack of execution, lazy and sloppy play. I saw some turnovers in the first quarter that had me thinking, wtf are they doing,. bad vision, lazy passes.

What possible adjustments were available? We have a limited bench with limited talent. And hopefully, Caleb Martin does not get any swelling on his knee overnight or else it gets worse. We lose Caleb, you can pretty much wrap it up for Boston, its over. Thats too much to overcome.

We are so upset about the loss and rightfully so, we got our asses kicked.. but lets all remember how crazy it is that we are still able to talk about Heat basketball still being played.. we are up 3-2 with one game away from the Finals.. a few weeks back i thought lets get that lottery pick..

Now we are bitching about adjustments to make it to the Finals lol with all these injuries.

We have a few curveballs left.. start caleb martin..

Vincent
Strus
Butler
Caleb
Bam

And, we have to play them all heavy minutes. This next game is our Game 7. We are going to have to give it evrrything we have, if thats not good enough to win Game 6, it is over. Surpassed our expectations especially considering how our reg season went, and how the injuries came.. but Game 6 is it.

Return to Miami Heat