ImageImageImage

Wade can't carry a team any better than the rest

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Riled Up
Senior
And1: 47

Post#41 » by Riled Up » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:15 am

These threads attacking Wade are just as ridiculous as the earlier ones attacking Shaq. The Heat's production at SG, SF and PF is at an all time low.

On top of that, the personnel is a poor fit to be playing with Shaq and Wade even when they are at the top of their respective games. They are poor at shooting, feeding the post, poor on defense and have low basketball IQs.

No perimeter defense (worst in the NBA by far) and poor shooting are the primary culprits for where the Heat sit today.
Max
Senior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Max » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 am

I love Wade, but you are the same ones(also the rest of the teams not named Lakers fans) went up all over Kobe and bashed like no other for something similar so why can't ppl bash Wade for this???

Granted, Miami sucks but this team is supposed to be better what their record indicates, not worldbeaters or over 700 but way better than 8-28. Wade hasn't done enough and partly because of his careless dribbling and frequent turnovers and he hasn't made his teammates better(well this is his 5th years and is not like Lebron who has't had a really good team in general. Shaq hasn't been playing well either but all of you that Bash Shaq is not like Miami have won a game without Shaq. Riley is another part of the blame because he is not a good coach anymore he is like obsolete or something IDK. I respect his legacy and what he's done but he's no Phil Jackson.

Wade needs help, he can't do it alone so Miami has to get him help littl by little but I said what I said above for ppl who Bashed Kobe for something similar and Kobe being in the west, which is wayy more difficult to win 35 games with a regular to bad team. Wade may not win 30 being in the east....that's way worst....hey,even Lebron won 35 games in his 1st season :)

Is not the same when is the player from your team who gets bashed, that's all but I love Wade's play and I hope he gets better(he should take it easy the rest of this season, go and learn a thing or two in the olympics, train and get better this summer and go fresh and loaded next season)

Iputsomepantson
Banned User

Post#43 » by Iputsomepantson » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:45 am

Wade may not be able to carry a team through the season better than some, but he sure can carry em through the playoffs better than almost anyone i've seen.

Name some players who can carry a team through the playoffs better. I bet you can't even name 3 and that's what really matters.

T-mac, Kidd, Garnett, Dirk...all are superstars...all can carry their team...all haven't done jack in the playoffs where it counts.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#44 » by dflash3 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 am

No player how great needs a strong supporting cast to be successful but what sets the great ones apart from the rest is what they are able to do when they have talent surrounding them.

The reason Jordan is known as the G.O.A.T. isn't for what he did with a weak supporting cast but for the championship he won with a strong supporting cast.
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#45 » by travis minor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:31 am

when your team has little talent, it will achieve little victory
- Travis Minor
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Post#46 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:50 am

Iputsomepantson wrote:Wade may not be able to carry a team through the season better than some, but he sure can carry em through the playoffs better than almost anyone i've seen.

Name some players who can carry a team through the playoffs better. I bet you can't even name 3 and that's what really matters.

T-mac, Kidd, Garnett, Dirk...all are superstars...all can carry their team...all haven't done jack in the playoffs where it counts.

Kidd was in 2 NBA finals and has consistently torn up the playoffs. I think he averaged a triple double for quite a few rounds.
Muteboy
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#47 » by Muteboy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:13 am

Iputsomepantson wrote:Wade may not be able to carry a team through the season better than some, but he sure can carry em through the playoffs better than almost anyone i've seen.

Not much good if his team can't make the playoffs though....
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#48 » by D-Wade » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:59 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kidd was in 2 NBA finals and has consistently torn up the playoffs. I think he averaged a triple double for quite a few rounds.

Did any of the teams led by him actually win a title though?

I don't understand the basis of this entire thread, because that was by far Dwyane Wade's basketball team in 2006. I don't know what the threadstarter saw, but I saw Dwyane Wade drop 35/8/4 while Shaq dropped like 14/10 in those Finals.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Post#49 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:53 am

D-Whistle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did any of the teams led by him actually win a title though?

I don't understand the basis of this entire thread, because that was by far Dwyane Wade's basketball team in 2006. I don't know what the threadstarter saw, but I saw Dwyane Wade drop 35/8/4 while Shaq dropped like 14/10 in those Finals.

Eh, I was pointing out that "Kidd hasn't done jack in the playoffs" was incorrect. He led two teams to the finals, and gone far a few other times, or busted himself at the top of his game in defeat. And Kidd has pretty much been the star player on every team he has been on throughout his career.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#50 » by HIF » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:47 am

I don't think anyone should crap on JKidd.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#51 » by BFO » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:37 am

How has this lasted five pages? I agree with the first line of Lane's original post in this thread.
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#52 » by D-Wade » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:02 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eh, I was pointing out that "Kidd hasn't done jack in the playoffs" was incorrect. He led two teams to the finals, and gone far a few other times, or busted himself at the top of his game in defeat. And Kidd has pretty much been the star player on every team he has been on throughout his career.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. My paragraph was @ the OP though.

I love Jason Kidd, btw.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#53 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Knicks fan here, c'mon guys Wade can only do so much with the help he has. He won you a ring, made your franchise legit, and brought it into that championship contender status. Its too bad that didn't last longer, but many teams that have been around longer crave to have that kind of player who can breakthrough and bring their team to prominence the way he did for you guys. His game can use improvement though, no doubt.
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#54 » by Rodrizzle » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:11 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Knicks fan here, c'mon guys Wade can only do so much with the help he has. He won you a ring, made your franchise legit, and brought it into that championship contender status. Its too bad that didn't last longer, but many teams that have been around longer crave to have that kind of player who can breakthrough and bring their team to prominence the way he did for you guys. His game can use improvement though, no doubt.

With a username like that you must be up in the clouds.
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#55 » by D-Wade » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Knicks fan here, c'mon guys Wade can only do so much with the help he has. He won you a ring, made your franchise legit, and brought it into that championship contender status. Its too bad that didn't last longer, but many teams that have been around longer crave to have that kind of player who can breakthrough and bring their team to prominence the way he did for you guys. His game can use improvement though, no doubt.

SmushedPennies
Analyst
And1: 211

Post#56 » by SmushedPennies » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:36 pm

That's disgusting.
ImageImage
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#57 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:40 pm

It would sure sell though

I stole it for my temporary avatar.
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#58 » by Kobay » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:14 pm

The problem with Heat is they have no strength to ride on. LeBron's cleavland may had a horrible offense team but they had guys who hustled for rebounds and defense and they won 50 games and to the finals because defense always beats offense( plus east last year was laughable)

wade's team looks exactly like lakers in 05. To win wade needs to score more. One might say he needs to get teammates involved but the fact is Wade should use teammates only when he feels his shots are not makable and not pass just for the hell of it. He's a superstar he can get to the line he can drive he's got the mid range. he's the primary weapon he doesn't need to pass, his teammates should pass to each other because they can't create their own shot.

Return to Miami Heat