ImageImageImage

I'm calling it, Shaq's gonna ask for a trade

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#61 » by bullzman23 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 am

G.cracker wrote:^He's been proven to be a moron re KG.

That's not fair. Paxson offered Deng, Chandler, and the 2nd overall pick (which became Tyrus Thomas) and the Wolves rejected it. KG was traded to Boston due to the McHale-Ainge-Boston connection. Paxson can't trade for something that was never available to him.

But Shaq, even in present condition, would draw doubles and pass out to these guys who can be money. Main concern would be how they can afford to pay Deng and Gordon if it all works out well, but it is Chicago and I assume they'd hit the tax for a champion. The time would be now though, before Boston wins anything.

Yeah, Chicago is actually perfectly built for Shaq. Gordon, Deng, Noce, Smith, and Hinrich (when not playing like an idiot) are all shooters. Thomas and Noah are mobile and athletic defenders. He'd be a great fit in Chicago. I suggested this exact same trade awhile back. I don't know if I'd trade Noah anymore, but I would trade two firsts in place of him.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#62 » by G.cracker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 pm

I'd rather have the firsts actually.

My point on Paxon is there probably was a way to get KG. What you suggested should have gotten it done, I agree. And the Celtics connection is clearly what made it happened and will screw the TWolves forever.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#63 » by JHTruth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Yeah, Shaq obviously is not into it this year. I think it's a combo of a few factors. First obviously the team is horrible and it's hard to be motivated in that type of situation. Shaq has always needed alot of external motivation and when the team is not playing for anything it's very hard to get up to play, especially a guy like Shaq who is used to being in the playoffs every year. This is probably the worst team Shaq has ever been on. Secondly, don't discount the impact of the off-the-court things like his divorce and all that. That's tough for anyone but especially when you're fighting over alot of money. This is just not going to be Shaq's year. Next year if the Heat turn it around, Shaq can still help them out..
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#64 » by Harry Heinous » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Unless we can get a good deal for Shaq, which is unlikely, we are best off resting/tanking and hoping we get a stud like Beasley, Gordon, Rose, or Mayo, and keeping Shaq for next year.

Return to Miami Heat