ImageImageImage

game thread Knickerbockers of NY against Miami's Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#61 » by BFRESH44 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:11 am

Marty inglish aside right quick...

This is painful.

Miami Hurricanes Basketball > Teh suxxors Heatz
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#62 » by dflash3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:12 am

miamivice wrote:i get the frustration and the resulting bizarro talk about how great it is to lose, but let's not get carried away. intentionally tanking doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the first, second, or even third pick. it happened to memphis, remember? a culture of losing breeds losing. all of our young guys aren't going to properly develop, free agents who could tip the balance by choosing us over more money won't, and we could find ourselves at best mediocre next year and a little better but not by miles when shaq comes off the books.

Tell that to the Heat team. We aren't the ones playing the game or managing the team. We are just fans reacting to the outcome of games. Us sarcastically remarking about the wonderful feeling of collecting lottery balls and experiencing this remarkable losing atmosphere isn't contributing to the record. :P
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#63 » by Rodrizzle » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 am

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS DAMN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by dflash3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:17 am

Rodrizzle wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS DAMN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow managing to progressively suck at an exponential rate every game.
miamivice
Pro Prospect
And1: 268

Post#65 » by miamivice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:22 am

dflash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Tell that to the Heat team. We aren't the ones playing the game or managing the team. We are just fans reacting to the outcome of games. Us sarcastically remarking about the wonderful feeling of collecting lottery balls and experiencing this remarkable losing atmosphere isn't contributing to the record. :P

i get it. i'm just saying this site is at its best when the members are contributing thought-provoking dialogue/insight and not the same joke over and over again. do you really think riley is intentionally tanking? i don't think it's in his dna. the f-ed up thing is that we're actually trying to win these games and can't get the simplest things done. derrick rose or oj mayo or deandre jordan 'aint going to fill the holes in this ship if that's the case.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#66 » by Flash3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:23 am

atleast we're not getting blown out anymore. :(
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Rocky5000 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:26 am

I don't get it, and I'm suspecting tanking on the heat's part. Why did Shaq play so few minutes? The knicks seem like the perfect team for him to go up against. He has had 2 huge games and then Riley decides to play BLOUNT instead. As any Celtics fan can tell you, that's a recipe for disaster. The man is allergic to rebounding and has hands of stone.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by dflash3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:43 am

miamivice wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i get it. i'm just saying this site is at its best when the members are contributing thought-provoking dialogue/insight and not the same joke over and over again. do you really think riley is intentionally tanking? i don't think it's in his dna. the f-ed up thing is that we're actually trying to win these games and can't get the simplest things done. derrick rose or oj mayo or deandre jordan 'aint going to fill the holes in this ship if that's the case.

Hence the word sarcasm. And you start to run out of thought-provoking dialogue after several weeks and months of constant losing. Its the same disappointing/angry/exasperated statements over and over again. After a while the constant griping and morbid mood of the board gets old and tiresome. Might as well take a more lighter view of the situation when the Heat are going to be in this hole for a long time. Plus, its a lot healthier to be happy than to be depressed and frustrated. :D
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#69 » by salqaddoumi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:33 am

Ricky Sucketz makes me want to throw up, I hate that POS.

I can't take much more of these losses, this is the most depressing sports season i've ever been a fan of. Yes it's worse than the Fins recent campaign.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by dflash3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:38 am

salqaddoumi wrote:Ricky Sucketz makes me want to throw up, I hate that POS.

I can't take much more of these losses, this is the most depressing sports season i've ever been a fan of. Yes it's worse than the Fins recent campaign.

And there is still 42 games left. :( Its times like this when I wish the nba would shorten the season.
Miami's Finest
Starter

Post#71 » by Miami's Finest » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:02 am

Our guys are honoring the expansion team in their own way... trying to match their 17 game losing streak to start the franchise.
M_nus
Rookie

Post#72 » by M_nus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:16 am

This whole "reverse psychology" style in regards to winning/losing is really making my head hurt now.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#73 » by Harry Heinous » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:07 am

miamivice wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I feel ya, but I mean realistically the best case scenario for the Miami Heat right now is to just continue to suck really bad and lock in a top 5 pick. It is, and you can't really argue otherwise.

And yes, guys like Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Gordon, Jordan can almost immediately make us into a decent team. We do have a top 5 SG and top 5 C on this team, and Haslem is good PF. All you have to do is go back to 03-04 too see what kind of impact a top picked player can have on a team.

We start winning games now and the chances of us making the playoffs are still extremely slim.

It would be an absolute nightmare added to this season from hell if we go on some winning streaks and finish the season 30-52 or something and miss out on the playoffs. Nightmare. We get stuck with a 10-14 pick, and we will basically stay the same as this year.

If we somehow go on some miraculous run and make the playoffs, then great, but we wouldn't get very far, and then what? We're still stuck at point A.

This is the oddest, worst year ever that just needs to end. the Heat desperately needs to add the talent and the spark a top 5 pick can bring to a team.

Were not like Memphis. We have 1 superstar/franchise player, a top 5 C, and a very solid PF. We add one more baller and we can quickly turn this thing around next year.
BigDaddyPR
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#74 » by BigDaddyPR » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:56 pm

^^^^^^^ I agree 100%, Wade is Wade, If Shaq decides to take care of himself during this year and the offseason he can have a very very good 2009 season, with the pick we can be great. Something like what happened to San Antonio when they ended up with the top pick and drafted Timmy D, they have been contenders ever since... That can easily happen again with the Heat. It all depends on wich pick we get. Im all up for tanking....
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#75 » by HEATVols865 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Wade was quoted on the USA Today saying that the team's luck is what's been killing them all year.
F*CK YOU WADE! Go play with some heart and balls and you guys will see something different in the box score. That pissed me off and I'm starting to think that Wade is a mercenary, won his title and now has a monster contract and he doesn't care about the team or winning anymore...he just wants to put up his numbers and f*ck the rest. Disappointed to say the least.
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
BigDaddyPR
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#76 » by BigDaddyPR » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Common man.... this team right now doesnt achieves anything by winning a game here or there.. this season is over as far as im concerned. Tank it, get a top pick ND LETW WIN IT ALL IN 09! i DO THINK THATS A POSSIBLE SCENARIO...
Harry Heinous
Banned User

Post#77 » by Harry Heinous » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Brazilian wrote:Wade was quoted on the USA Today saying that the team's luck is what's been killing them all year.
F*CK YOU WADE! Go play with some heart and balls and you guys will see something different in the box score. That pissed me off and I'm starting to think that Wade is a mercenary, won his title and now has a monster contract and he doesn't care about the team or winning anymore...he just wants to put up his numbers and f*ck the rest. Disappointed to say the least.

I think you're kind of overreacting to what he said. I agree with him where it just seems like the basketball Gods are doing everything in their power to prevent even 1 single ball bouncing our way. Yes we suck, but we have also lost many close games due to someone like Hedo hitting a crazy 3, or some rebound bouncing away from us. We've had awful luck this year.

I don't think Wade meant it's luck and only bad luck that is responsible for the Heat's terrible season.
whipdamage
Junior
Location: i hate when people mention karma. there's no such thing.

Post#78 » by whipdamage » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Harry Heinous wrote:it just seems like the basketball gods are doing everything in their power

where did you get this from, harry? really, i want to know. i hate paganism.
Harry Heinous
Banned User

Post#79 » by Harry Heinous » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:50 pm

whipdamage wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

where did you get this from, harry? really, i want to know. i hate paganism.

just an expression. But every Sunday I do go to the house of hoops and pray to the Basketball Gods.

Return to Miami Heat