ImageImageImage

Done Deal! Shaq to Phx/Marion to Mia; Update Pg. 36

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#501 » by Heat3 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:13 pm

Shaq Suns news conference on ESPN now....I'm so sad :(
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Illmatic_Heat
Senior
And1: 0

Post#502 » by Illmatic_Heat » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:40 pm

i'm not sad. it was time to move on. you think shaq is sad for heat fans and the heat's terrible season? nope. shaq is still laughing his ass off all the way to the bank.

this is d-wade's team, the person most responsible for our 1st ring.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#503 » by Flash3 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:50 pm

Heat3 wrote:Shaq Suns news conference on ESPN now....I'm so sad :(
His sense of humor is unmatched.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
PitchBlue
Pro Prospect
And1: 29

Post#504 » by PitchBlue » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:04 pm

Flash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

His sense of humor is unmatched.

That's very true.. i especially liked the one when he said "i love to run the floor, if i don't get the defensive rebound i'll try to be the first guy down the floor on offense" :rofl:

but in all seriousness, I feel no ill will towards the big guy, and I do feel a little sad and icky hearing him call the Suns "his team"... but yeah, it's time to move on and this really accelerates our rebuilding process. He'll always be one of my favorite players for helping us win the chip in 06 and i will personally root for him and the Suns this year.
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#505 » by xSABOx » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:05 pm

any news on what jersey numbers Marion and Banks will be wearings?
toucansma
Pro Prospect
And1: 153

Post#506 » by toucansma » Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:11 pm

Hey I am a Suns fan, and wish Marion well. On the website they show a jersey, and it looks like he will wear #7. Good luck Heat, you are getting a great player!
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#507 » by rsavaj » Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:58 pm

When's Marion's press conference going to be? I'd love to watch it.
MiamiHeatFan2004
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#508 » by MiamiHeatFan2004 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:23 pm

I wanted to trade Shaq for Garnett somehow back when I heard Garnett would be traded for sure, but this is a nice deal for us now.

Marion can run the floor as good as any forward out there, its time for our offense to run and forget about the old slow down junk we were forced to play with Shaq.

The Matrix, he has always been one of my favorite players cuz he is exciting and athletic, plus he has an all-around game. Score, rebound, defend.

Wade, Cook, Davis, Marion, Wright and most of our players are all better on the run.

We will win a ton more games with this team now, so we will lose the best chance at #1-3 pick, but we will still be ion the lottery so who knows, may get lucky.

I'm really excited about this trade, it is a win in every way for us. Shaq is useless for Miami this year and in the future. Good luck Shaq, thanks for helping get the ring and thanks for getting us Marion and saving us money.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#509 » by b-ball forever » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:20 pm

Good luck with the Matrix guys. Riley's a such a friggin genius when it comes 2 trades, wish Kerr had more of that

If u guys keep him I'm sure you'll be in the playoffs again next season, or who knows, maybe he'll even save ur season and turn the Heat around the same way the GSW/Indiana trade totally flipped around the Warriors season last year (and the Wariors are in the West)

He'll always be 1 of my fav playas in the NBA, no matter where he goes.
His work ethic and fitness asre outta this world, and he does basically every single thing posisible on a b-ball court whether it's post defense, perimeter defense, mid-range jumpers, treys, positioning in transition or on defense.
Only thing he can't do is handle the rock, but his insane sense of positioning more then makes up for it

U guys will love the Matrix, and I'll miss him like hell :(
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#510 » by rsavaj » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm already going through Marion withdrawals.

This sucks.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#511 » by -SDU- » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:26 am

this trade is SO wierd in that both teams like it but are sad to see the other players go

also on both teams boards there is alot of mutual support hoping the other team does well

i dont like watching shaq play myself, so havent liked the heat lately, hopefully the suns system can make shaq more fun again.... who knows, but what i do know is that im definately looking forward to watching the heat more now and i really hope you do well

marion and wade on the break is going to be exciting!

good luck
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#512 » by Flash3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:46 am

Marcus Banks Draft Profile (13th Overall, 2003)

Strengths: Defensively he has NBA skills as he is blessed with quick hands and solid lateral quickness ... Has a unique NBA ready body that is both strong and sturdy ... Can seemingly drive to the lane at will thanks to his great hesitation crossover move that gives him good separation from his defender ... Once in the lane he has the uncanny ability to hang in the air and wait for the defense to commit before making his move ... Excellent rebounder for his size ... After he gets the ball he really looks to initiate the fast break ... Once he penetrates into the lane he is a hard player to stop as he is able to rely on his biggest asset which is the drive and dish ... Has developed solid leadership skills often he is a steady influence over his teammates ...Thanks to his wonderful court vision and creativity he has the ability to make difficult passes with pinpoint precision ...

Weakness: Height will become a big question for him come draft day. Although listed at 6-2, upon appearance he looks to be closer to 6-0 to 6-1 ... At this point Banks is not a very efficient shooter from the perimeter as he struggles with consistency ... Due to his height he is a post-up target for bigger guards who usually can get position on him ... Can get frustrated on offense if his shot isn't failing which usually leads to him taking questionable shots ... Still needs to work on developing into a better shooter off the dribble ... Decision making when the ball is in his hands has been vastly improved since last year but turnovers still can plague him at times ... Still learning as a point guard how to control the tempo of a game better ... Still learning how to make players around him better but to his credit he is steadily improving in this aspect of the game ...

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/marcusbanks.htm
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#513 » by Lane1974 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:47 am

what did they say about Maciej Lampe?
Heat3
RealGM

Post#514 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:47 am

rsavaj wrote:I'm already going through Marion withdrawals.

This sucks.

I'm going through Shaq withdrawals. :(

I miss my Shaq!!!!!! :( :( :(
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#515 » by Flash3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:48 am

T'was predicted to be the next Dirk. :laugh:

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/maciejlampe.htm
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#516 » by b-ball forever » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:55 am

If U think that's bad look up what they said bout DeShawn Stevenson :o

I don't think a Banks/Wade backcourt combo wud mesh that well since their skillsets are both kinda similar, but pairin Banks with Ricky Davis off the bench might work well chemistry-wise
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#517 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:02 am

I think At 2.9 million he is a decent Backup PG. Resign Davis 3 yrs 9 million. And you have nice backup's. Include DQ and the only thing we are missing at the G Position is A STARTING PG. SF we have Dorrel as a running SF and Ricky and Matrix can back him up. PF Haslem and Matrix , Johnson. The only flaws i can see are finding a Big man and PG
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#518 » by -SDU- » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:00 am

if you guys go back youll find that ive proposed banks to miami deals both here and on the suns boards quite a few times, mainly becuase i think he is PERFECT as a wade backup

we wanted him to become a running, 3 point shooter, not going to happen, but he can replace wade for 10-15 per game, playing the same style, taking it to the rack, pesky defender, etc

i virtually guarantee suns fans will be saying "where was this banks in phoenix" because ive always been a firm believer that banks is far better than he showed in phoenix

i think you guys will get the best out of him
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#519 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:25 pm

This deal was good but I wish we could have grabbed Barbosa instead... :-p
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Heat3
RealGM

Post#520 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:29 pm

Return to Miami Heat