ImageImageImage

Zo aiming for midseason return

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SJ2100
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Zo aiming for midseason return 

Post#1 » by SJ2100 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:31 pm

For all those posters who are incluiding Zo as a starter in their depth charts, he won't be coming back until midseason, according to Ira.

Small ball will be a most-of-the-time approach, with precious minutes of post play reserved for when Alonzo Mourning is able to offer a few quality minutes after a projected midseason return.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2008/07/strength-in-num.html
Pro
Sophomore

Re: Zo aiming for midseason return 

Post#2 » by Pro » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:11 pm

This just backs up the fact that we NEED a center, I think we'll be set at point especially if Wade handles the ball a bit. But Center really is a glaring weakness and pretty much anyone is a upgrade from Blount. I'm not sold on Kwame though, I'm not sure he deserves the Heat's money. But as Ira said if we can move Marion or UD for a center we'll be set. Hopefully we move Marion and Dorell steps it up, providing he doesn't get a offer elsewhere.
SJ2100
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by SJ2100 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:49 pm

Problem is, what Centers are available via trade that expire by 2010 who are good fits next to Beasley? We need a guy who can rebound and play solid defense (on and off the ball), ideally with some shot blocking ability. There is not really a huge list of players who can come in and fill this role at C for us, I have seen Jeff Foster and Joel Pryzbilla as possibilities, but they both might be hard to acquire (although if we're giving Marion, it might not be that hard).

I really think Haslem is going to get a lot of minutes at C this year. It seems like we want to keep him while shopping Marion, and with the signing of James Jones, I think Beasley will see the majority of his minutes at the 4, moving Haslem over to the 5.
HeatSince88
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#4 » by HeatSince88 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:02 pm

Does this mean no more masturbatory lineups that start with the phrase "C - Zo"?

I would normally be happy about this, but I have the feeling it'll be replaced by "C - Kwame" :(
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#5 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 11:03 pm

Zo is the man!

Return to Miami Heat