ImageImageImage

James Jones

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SJ2100
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: James Jones 

Post#21 » by SJ2100 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 10:54 pm

Lane1974 wrote:as well as Cook is playing, I personally don't see where JJ gets minutes
up until Marion was hurt last game, Diawara barely was getting PT

One option would be to play only 3 guards with Chalmers and Wade starting. Cook would come off the bench for either guard, moving Wade into the role of backup PG whenever the two are in the game at the same time. Similar to Wade's rookie year when he swung between PG and SG, although he would obviously play the 2 more in this scenario than he did back then. Eliminate Quinn AND Banks from the rotation, move the majority of Cook's minutes from SF to SG, and then we open up minutes for JJ at the 3.

Two potential problems would be 1) Wade's unwillingness to play more minutes at PG and 2) the possibility of increased minutes among the three guards could take its toll later in the year
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#22 » by Lane1974 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 4:39 am

—Sharp-shooting forward James Jones said he could be ready to play within a week, which means court-stretching help could be on the way for the Heat very soon.

“I’m less than two weeks away,” Jones said before Monday’s game against San Antonio. “Hopefully, it’s more like one week.”

Jones said his wrist is healed. He said the question now is how it responds to workouts. Monday was Jones’ first full-contact practice.

Jones, who was third in the league in three-point percentage at .444, has been out all season with a torn tendon in his right (shooting) wrist. His addition could be huge alongside a group of long-range shooters that already includes guards Chris Quinn (.431, 14th in NBA), Daequan Cook (.426, tied for 19th), and forward Yakhouba Diawara. Miami is ranked 19th in three-point percentage (.349).

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/cont ... eat_8.html
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#23 » by Lane1974 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 3:17 pm

JONES ALMOST READY

Forward James Jones, who has yet to play this season after wrist surgery in October, said he expects to make his debut either Friday against the Kings or on Sunday against the Lakers.

Jones is scheduled to participate in his first extended team scrimmage without limitations during the Heat's practice Thursday in Sacramento.

''I'm at the stage where I'm seeing how I bounce back from practice,'' Jones said. ``If everything goes as planned, I'm back this weekend.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/baske ... 42454.html
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,258

Post#24 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jan 8, 2009 3:41 pm

Yay! Bring back Zo and we can really see what this team's got.

Pg: Chalmers / Quinn
Sg: Wade / Cook
Sf: Marion / Jones
Pf: Haslem / Beasley
Cc: Anthony / Mourning

I like the bench a lot. I'd be happier with a better starting center, but we can't have everything all at once...
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#25 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 5:02 pm

Can't wait to see Jones out there.

If all things pan out like WE WANT it too, a line up of Chalmers, Wade, Cook/Jones, Marion, Haslem would be great to see in the 4th quarter of games.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#26 » by G.cracker » Thu Jan 8, 2009 7:28 pm

I prefer talking about January Jones.

I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#27 » by Rodrizzle » Fri Jan 9, 2009 6:34 pm

G.cracker wrote:I prefer talking about January Jones.

Well Jones is her last name and we are now in the month of January....seems fitting I guess
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#28 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Jan 9, 2009 6:42 pm

Lets say that JJ comes back and starts to do all the litte things(hits 3's, play defense and rebound) does this allow us to trade Marion? Would you still want him on this team and let his contract expire? Or would you try and package him with Banks and pickup the extra money? I would look to move Marion for a center and a package with Banks.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Post#29 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:44 pm

PHXTERROR1987 wrote:Im surprised we traded him for nothing.

You didn't trade him for nothing. Phoenix was able to package him with Rudy Fernandez to get $3M from the Blazers.

Return to Miami Heat