ImageImageImage

Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Re: Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm 

Post#101 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:45 am

whatchaknow wrote:Why do you guys hate Haslem so much? Is it because he takes Beasley's PT or because you think he sucks? To me he seems like the kind of guy that every fan would like, kind of how all Blazer fans love Przybilla.

Miami Fans love Haslem but its how he is being used that people get mad. Haslem is solid, he bring defense and hustle but all of us know what he is 12-8 type PF. Beasley on the other hand is our future(Either by trade or he will be part of the core) and yet he gets treated like the guy that doesn't need the PT or plays because he has no barring on the future.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#102 » by TrueRain » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:47 am

DWadeno3 wrote:Jesus Joel, D-Wade tries to post up and you wanna set a screen?!?!?!

Freaking idiot. He's the one that caused that 5 second violation
Wade County
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#103 » by Wade County » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:49 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
whatchaknow wrote:Why do you guys hate Haslem so much? Is it because he takes Beasley's PT or because you think he sucks? To me he seems like the kind of guy that every fan would like, kind of how all Blazer fans love Przybilla.

Pretty much because he takes Beasley's PT, honestly we all really love Haslem. The hate is usually directed at Spoelstra.

I want Haslem to retire a Heat.

The reason is that he is the kind of guy every fan and team would like if they had more than 2 shot creators on the entire roster. The Heat have 2 shot creators and every minute Haslem plays is at the expense on 1 of them. The result is periods of incredible offensive ineptitude and frustration in exchange for Haslem's good rotational, yet overrated 1 on 1 defense.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#104 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:49 am

If Beasley is force to small forward to start the 4th because Spo wants Haslem and Anthony in the game, I'll be pissed.

If Anthony remains in the game with Beasley, I'll be peeved.

If Haslem plays center with Beasley in the game, I'll be slightly annoyed.

If Beasley and Magloire start out the 4th, I will be thrilled.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#105 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:49 am

TrueRain wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:Jesus Joel, D-Wade tries to post up and you wanna set a screen?!?!?!

Freaking idiot. He's the one that caused that 5 second violation

Yup exactly. Just think before you do something Joel.

But why in the world did Wade not just go straight up on that last shot but posted his man up mid-court and took a lazy shot?! His jumper is at his best when he comes off the dribble and gets the right lift on his shot.
Come on guys, it's not like we can't win this game.
Has Spoelstra ever thought about bringing Magloire in and letting him defend Aldridge? Magloire got some size and that is our problem against LMA.

#HeatLifer
TrueRain
RealGM

Post#106 » by TrueRain » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:51 am

Good job Chalmers
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#107 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:51 am

Nice one Mario!

Slightly peeved that we go Haslem at center instead of using Magloire, but otherwise eh.
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#108 » by whatchaknow » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:52 am

That makes a lot more sense then :lol:. Its kind of how i feel about Steve Blake when we have Bayless (sometimes Miller also). Its frustrating when our team isnt gonna win it all this year but the team wont give Bayless the minutes he has earned. The difference is Beasley haas accomplished 3X as much as Bayless and it is really inexcusable for Haslem to play more minutes than him
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#109 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:53 am

whatchaknow wrote:That makes a lot more sense then :lol:. Its kind of how i feel about Steve Blake when we have Bayless (sometimes Miller also). Its frustrating when our team isnt gonna win it all this year but the team wont give Bayless the minutes he has earned. The difference is Beasley haas accomplished 3X as much as Bayless and it is really inexcusable for Haslem to play more minutes than him

Yeah Bayless looks really good, you guys have a nice young player (or trade asset if you don't think he fits with Roy). If I was Portland, I'd look to use either Bayless or Aldridge to get into the 2010 sweepstakes early, and trade for a Bosh/Amare type.
Dresta
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#110 » by Dresta » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:55 am

This is why we should run the offense through Beasley more often.
TrueRain
RealGM

Post#111 » by TrueRain » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:55 am

lol. I thought something was up when I saw Beasley playing PF out there with Haslem in the game. Then I realized, of course! Haslem is playing C! :roll:
MVP-3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#112 » by MVP-3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:55 am

****.. Spo. See now. Beas is the second go to guy!
heat in italy
Senior
And1: 2

Post#113 » by heat in italy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 am

Put Wade back in and lets finish the game strong
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#114 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:57 am

I really liked Bayless when he was in Arizona and never understood why the Blazers never really used him. Blake is solid but if you aren't playing the way you're supposed to just throw in a young guy because he'll always play with energy and Bayless got some talent too.

#HeatLifer
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#115 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 am

The funny thing is, the only way Beasley's gonna get to stay in the game for the whole 4th is if he helps put it out of reach. Its kinda sad, really. Oh boy, LMA gets an and-1 on our stopper, Haslem.
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#116 » by whatchaknow » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
whatchaknow wrote:That makes a lot more sense then :lol:. Its kind of how i feel about Steve Blake when we have Bayless (sometimes Miller also). Its frustrating when our team isnt gonna win it all this year but the team wont give Bayless the minutes he has earned. The difference is Beasley haas accomplished 3X as much as Bayless and it is really inexcusable for Haslem to play more minutes than him

Yeah Bayless looks really good, you guys have a nice young player (or trade asset if you don't think he fits with Roy). If I was Portland, I'd look to use either Bayless or Aldridge to get into the 2010 sweepstakes early, and trade for a Bosh/Amare type.

Oh man i watched Amare play live vs Portland the other night and the guy looked so good. They had the opportunity last year to trade LA, Bayless and Raef Lafrentz for Amare. I just wish we could have replaced Bayless with like a draft pick instead, cuz i like the kid. I actually think Amare is the perfect fit in Miami, Bosh is the better player imo but i think Amare would play better off Wade. Outside of Lebron who would you guys want to bring in with your capspace? Please dont say Boozer
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#117 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:01 am

whatchaknow wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

Oh man i watched Amare play live vs Portland the other night and the guy looked so good. They had the opportunity last year to trade LA, Bayless and Raef Lafrentz for Amare. I just wish we could have replaced Bayless with like a draft pick instead, cuz i like the kid. I actually think Amare is the perfect fit in Miami, Bosh is the better player imo but i think Amare would play better off Wade. Outside of Lebron who would you guys want to bring in with your capspace? Please dont say Boozer

You guys definitely need to take a shot and trade some of that youth for a proven star, it would take so much pressure off Roy.

Most Heat fans want Bosh, I'm in that group. I'm not sure about Amare, simply due to him being older and having the more checkered injury history.
TrueRain
RealGM

Post#118 » by TrueRain » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 am

Wade is doing pretty good with his fade aways from the post this year.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#119 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 am

I freakin love Dwyane Wade!!!

#HeatLifer
TrueRain
RealGM

Post#120 » by TrueRain » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:03 am

Like i said before, am I the only one noticing how much Wade has gone to the post this year? His shot is off, but its a great sign for the future.

Return to Miami Heat