ImageImageImage

Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Re: Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm 

Post#201 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:33 am

DayofMourning wrote:Wade has gone from being an organized efficient player who picked his spots last year to one who forces shots and stalls the offense.

He isn't fun to watch anymore. This has been his worst season for me so far.

Team USA helped him play in a team while knowing how to dominate. This year he's out of shape and stubbornly inefficient.

I like watching team oriented play, not one on five. Fix your head Wade.

Thank you, finally someone said it. People are defending Wade by saying he's out of shape, or his shot is just off.

Those of us watching the game have noticed he just isn't playing smart team basketball. Thats what I don't get, he's always been a great bball IQ guy. I think he's letting his stardom get to his head a little bit, and starting to believe that any "Wade shot" can't be a bad shot.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Post#202 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:47 am

^^^^
I agree that he might be letting his stardom get to him.

He's been complaining to the refs something awful this season. He lets his man beat him down court while he's jacking his jaw.

He's been throwing himself into contact waiting for the refs to rescue him from a bad play. Ugh.

Meanwhile, Beasley and Wright are playing great team ball. They're my two favorite team players right now. Picking their spots until the offense gets its shot. They make mistakes, but they are effort mistakes not stubborn ones.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#203 » by dflash3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:57 am

DayofMourning wrote:Wade has gone from being an organized efficient player who picked his spots last year to one who forces shots and stalls the offense.

He isn't fun to watch anymore. This has been his worst season for me so far.

Team USA helped him play in a team while knowing how to dominate. This year he's out of shape and stubbornly inefficient.

I like watching team oriented play, not one on five. Fix your head Wade.

You know he is horrible when he is doing worse than he did two years ago on a bad knee. He has just turned into an idiot. Where did his bball iq go.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#204 » by fishfuego. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:57 am

well to Wade's defense, the refs are not calling the fouls they should and it is becoming pretty clear that even though he is in the same class as the Kobes and the Lebrons, they have Wade bellow, and is not even close
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#205 » by dflash3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 am

fishfuego. wrote:well to Wade's defense, the refs are not calling the fouls they should and it is becoming pretty clear that even though he is in the same class as the Kobes and the Lebrons, they have Wade bellow, and is not even close

No Wade has just become dumber as a player. I don't even recognize him anymore.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 am

^^^^
Wade is second to Dwight Howard in free throw attempts this year. More than Kobe or LeBron.

He's getting plenty of calls.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#207 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:08 am

Just noticed that PLand scored 31 points in less than 9 minutes to finish the game....
Scum Freezebag
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#208 » by Scum Freezebag » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:27 am

Fun, competitive game. Would've been nice to pull through at the end, though. I was hoping to drown my Dolphin sorrows in a Heat win. Probably should've just went with beer instead.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#209 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:43 am

Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,267

Post#210 » by Hoops23 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:11 am

Booz wrote:Spo, in no means, can't just be the coach of that 2010 team. Byron Scott? Jeff Van Gundy? I'll take anyone over this clown. Absolutely a BIG joke.

I'll rather have Pat Riley back than those coaches mentioned.

This is a players game, and its not just the coach who needs to blame.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#211 » by dolphinatik » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:21 am

As much as I want to blame Wade this one is on SPo. Wade takes every shot down, Beasley is out and Chalmers just stands there. Thats what the Heat has become used to and thats what the calls were. Its on Spo for allowing this to continue to happen and for not running an offense that gets players involved.

Spo needs to be in control of his team and call better plays and have a better strategy. 1 v 5 for long covered threes? As quick as Wade is I wouldnt be as upset if he drove to the basket on those plays. We won those last two games on team effort and this one might have finished that way also.

No Dolphins, No heat and friggin Jonathan Stewart and Steve Smith jsut probably ended my Fantasy football dominance. ho ho ho.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Dresta
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#212 » by Dresta » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:36 am

Hoops23 wrote:
Booz wrote:Spo, in no means, can't just be the coach of that 2010 team. Byron Scott? Jeff Van Gundy? I'll take anyone over this clown. Absolutely a BIG joke.

I'll rather have Pat Riley back than those coaches mentioned.

This is a players game, and its not just the coach who needs to blame.
Rick Adelman please.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#213 » by HIF » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:32 am

guess we lost again - the miami fans turn on everyone.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
heat in italy
Senior
And1: 2

Post#214 » by heat in italy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:57 pm

I really think that was Spo and Wade that lost the game. Q played great, Beasley was having a nice game and JO was doing his job. So why Wade took 30 shots ? Why Spo put JO in for Beasley instead of Haslem ? Why Chalmers was on the court at the end ? The way the game was , we should have finished with Wade - Q - Wright - Beasley - JO . Period.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#215 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:52 pm

HIF wrote:guess we lost again - the miami fans turn on everyone.

its not that we lost a game, its how we lost the game with inexcusable rotations that cost us a chance at a win. What team in there right mind would take there best player and bench him for the closing mins in a game ( Yes Beasley was again playing better than this years version of Wade)? What was the logic to take Beasley who was scoring at ease in the 4th and sub him for Haslem? To have Wade go 1 vs 5 on offense? To have "purity" or "hustle and grit" or what ever BS Spo feels Haslem magically brings to the court.
SJ2100
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#216 » by SJ2100 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:55 pm

In Spo's defense, our only starter who finished the game with a negative +/- was Beasley (-7). By comparision, Haslem was +1 for the game yesterday.

Beasley has been outstanding lately, scoring easily and rebounding well. But sometimes we are too overly critical on Spo on this forum
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#217 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah, glad you're here to be above everyone else and tell us what simpletons we are. What would we do without you.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#218 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:13 pm

SJ2100 wrote:In Spo's defense, our only starter who finished the game with a negative +/- was Beasley (-7). By comparision, Haslem was +1 for the game yesterday.

Beasley has been outstanding lately, scoring easily and rebounding well. But sometimes we are too overly critical on Spo on this forum

Beasley was on the court without Wade and with Joel Anthony for a good portion of his minutes, including that lineup where Beasley was at small forward, Haslem was at power forward and Anthony was at center.

The majority of Haslem's minutes came while Wade was still in the ballgame, and without Anthony in.

I would imagine the vast majority of Beasley's minus comes from the minutes where he was at small forward, and forced to play with Joel Anthony at center.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#219 » by HIF » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

Yeah, glad you're here to be above everyone else and tell us what simpletons we are. What would we do without you.

:lol: Complain even more.

It just amazes me how so manu of you swing from one extreme to another depending on whether we won the game.

Beas was being beaten by Aldridge every time down the court near the end, it was right to take him out.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#220 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Are you sure about what you say HIF? We had absolutely no OFFENSE when we needed it. We just gave Dwyane the ball, the defense focused on him and he took dumb shots and that was partly because there was no other option that could create its own shot. And Aldridge scored as many points against Haslem as he did against Beasley because Haslem lacks just as much size.

#HeatLifer

Return to Miami Heat