And1: 154

Scouting the Draft- Patrick Kane 

Post#1 » by Crowned » Mon Jun 4, 2007 6:18 am

Patrick Kane

Height: 5'9/5'10
Weight: Approx 160 pounds
Team: London Knights (OHL)
Projected Range: 1-3

Thoughts: Patrick Kane is a natural goal scorer, plain and simple. He can consistantly find the back of the net, and had a tremendous rookie campaign with the high scoring London Knights. Kane is an excellent puck handler with a very good shot, he's quite crafty and is a good skater. Kane has the ability to set up goals, proven with the 83 assists recorded in the OHL, as well as finish around the net, also proven with his 60+ goals. Simply put, Kane is one of the premiere offensive players in the 2007 Draft.

Needs to work on: His defensive skills, to go along with his size and strength. Kane does need to add additional bulk to his frame in order to be successful in the NHL. By adding strength, he'll be much more effective in the offensive zone, and could go along way with his defensive skills.
juucer
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#2 » by juucer » Mon Jun 4, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks for the draft info, Crowned. If you know a fair bit about the top prospect in this year's draft, could you include current NHL player comparisons??

I've heard Kane is considered to be a better skating Marc Savard, but don't know much else about the other prospects.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#3 » by Griff83 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 3:55 pm

Kane Ceiling is prolly a rich mans Marc Savard (Kane is the better skater).

Kane will prolly go #1 but I think Cherapanov will be the best player in ths draft.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#4 » by Crowned » Mon Jun 4, 2007 8:44 pm

juucer wrote:Thanks for the draft info, Crowned. If you know a fair bit about the top prospect in this year's draft, could you include current NHL player comparisons??

I've heard Kane is considered to be a better skating Marc Savard, but don't know much else about the other prospects.

I'd say he has the vision comparable to Savard in terms of setting up players, but he's not quite on the same level as him in that respect. Potentially, he's going to be the better goal scorer, which is what it looks right now. Kane is one of the better stick handlers and skaters in the draft. Marc Savard is the better defensive player, and is much stronger at this point. Right now and heading forward, Kane's main limitation is his size and strength.

Return to NHL Draft