ImageImageImageImage

Trade options

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Trade options 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:42 pm

With the deadline less then a month away, I thought I would label some guys the bruins could be looking at.

Erik Cole-Forward-Edmonton Oilers: Thoughts of rumors on this guy. He has cup experience...

Keith Tkachuk-Forward-St. Louis Blues: Do we bring the hometown boy in? Veteran presence.

Nik Antropov-Forward-Toronto Maple Leafs: He has a cheaper salary then Keith T, but like Keith, he is a UFA after the season.

Jordan Leopold-D-man-Colorado Avalanche: I would love to see him come here. Good D-man, I am not sure on the price to get him. Maybe it is the american ties, why I like him so much. :P

Bill Guerin-Forward-New York Islanders: See Keith Tkachuk.

long shots:
Martin St. Louis-Forward-Tampa Bay Lightning: Ok, this could be a real long shot as they had no rumors connecting the B's and St. Louis. But, if Vinny were to go to the habs, I would love to see the B's pick up Timmy Thomas friend, marty st. louis.

Chris Pronger-D-Man-Anaheim Ducks- Believe it or not, there has been some rumblings involving Pronger and the B's. It's a long shot, and I would not want to give up what the ducks probably will want, but could you imagine a Chara-Pronger defensive pairing :drool: Unlikely though.

Jay Bouwmeester-D-Man-Florida Panthers: The big prize of this seasons trading deadline. Would take a lot to get him.

We'll see, should be a fun deadline, come march 4th. There is the manny issue, we need a forward, and could use a D-man.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Trade options 

Post#2 » by Dakid21KG » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 am

Its tough to think of possibility's for the Bruins due to the fact that PC is really confident in the team. I really like the idea of Keith Tkachuk. He is a solid player and if we could land him for something cheap, it'd be nice to see him pair up with Bergy a little.

I was thinking maybe Billy Guerin. Former bruin, veteran, goal scorer, lefty shot. It all pans out.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:20 pm

I would love guerin here too. I really started following hockey the year he was here. Went to my first game. Easily one of my favorite bruins players.

Would he come here though? Didn't he have some harsh words for the B's when he left? I think it was Jacobs. Maybe they can patch things up. Chia and him probably don't have any problems.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Dakid21KG » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Here in Rhode Island, my Providence Journal said there are 8 players PC is looking at

chris Pronger
Keith tkachuk
Erik Cole
Jay Bouwmester
Thomas Kaberle
Nik Anthropov
Dominic Moore
Fredrik Modin
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 am

Pronger is not a UFA next year is he? If we were to break the bank for a top D-man, I would rather have them go after Pronger, then J-Bo. J-Bo is good, and young, but who knows if he would re-sign with us.
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Post#6 » by hiphop1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:27 am

Jay Bouwmeester is the man. He and Chara would be an AMAZING Dline. He is only 24 and skates like the wind hahahaha.
Free your mind and your a** will follow
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Dakid21KG » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:43 pm

I like the idea of picking up a top defenseman( Pronger or Bouwmeester) but I refuse to give one of the young guns for them. (Kess, Krejci, Lucic, Bergy) I just don't care for the idea of picking up a player that only has 2 or 3 good years left or a unrestricted free agent to be. Espically when we have to sign some free agents over the offseason.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 am

yep, no thanks to ANY deal if we have to give up a couple of the 4 you mentioned. I would add wheeler to that list too though.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Chia was on Dale and Holley today. And it sounded like he is definitely going to make a deal, or at least try to.

One interesting note I noticed is that when asked if the bruins had any flexibility to make a move, Chia replied and said they have 4 million dollars in cap room. Which sound very little to me. But then he said, "But, Yes we do have flexibility." Maybe someone like Manny does get dealt?

edit: here is the link if you want to listen. http://audio.weei.com/m/21895062/peter_ ... pageid=967
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Kaberle added Boston to his list of teams he would wave his NTC.

I just can't see Burke trading him here though.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Dakid21KG » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:19 pm

From Bostonherald.com

PC says that he will be making a move. Most likely small but effective.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Dakid21KG » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm

I am thinking that Tkatchuk, Cole, or Guerin is going to be a bruin soon.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:29 pm

I hope. 8 days till the deadline, I would rather not wait, and see them make a deal now.

Let's say the deals are the same, Who would you rather have Guerin or Tkachuk?

I would say Guerin. He has been a favorite of mine since I started watching hockey.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Dakid21KG » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Yes I would prefer Guerin too. He knows how Boston works, and since we have created such a solid foundation since O'Connell left I think that we might be able to lair him in. Also he has played with Bergeron before, so that would help a little bit.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by timd1218 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:10 am

I personally think Boston should not make a move. It seems like the team is playing with a lot of chemistry and making a trade could hurt that. If Boston does, the team should stay away from Guerin and Tkachuk. Both have never performed well in their playoff careers. Toronto is probably asking too much for Antropov, who has never lived up to his hype.

Martin St. Louis won't waive his NTC. He wants to stay in Tampa.

If you need a good PKer, Dominic Moore could be your answer. He was a good PKer in his short time with the Pens.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:27 am

timd1218 wrote:I personally think Boston should not make a move. It seems like the team is playing with a lot of chemistry and making a trade could hurt that. If Boston does, the team should stay away from Guerin and Tkachuk. Both have never performed well in their playoff careers. Toronto is probably asking too much for Antropov, who has never lived up to his hype.

If you need a good PKer, Dominic Moore could be your answer. He was a good PKer in his short time with the Pens.

Well if the young guys, like Hunwick, keep playing the way they have played tonight, I wouldn't want to see them make a move. I do feel we need another veteran on this team though.

Maybe Chia has the same mindset, and the move he was talking about making was Manny Fernandez. :dontknow:
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by timd1218 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:58 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:
timd1218 wrote:I personally think Boston should not make a move. It seems like the team is playing with a lot of chemistry and making a trade could hurt that. If Boston does, the team should stay away from Guerin and Tkachuk. Both have never performed well in their playoff careers. Toronto is probably asking too much for Antropov, who has never lived up to his hype.

Well if the young guys, like Hunwick, keep playing the way they have played tonight, I wouldn't want to see them make a move. I do feel we need another veteran on this team though.

Maybe Chia has the same mindset, and the move he was talking about making was Manny Fernandez. :dontknow:

Really? I just looked at the roster and it seems like the B's have a lot of veteran leadership. Savard, Chara, Wideman, Bergeron, Ference, Yelle, Ryder.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:09 am

One more couldn't hurt. :)

Basically what you said was right, about Tkachuck and Guerin, they don't have successful playoff experience. I would like to see someone come in here who has been successful in the playoffs. An Erik Cole maybe? Off the top off my head, Thornton is the only one with a cup appearance.

Edit: Actually, Yelle too, I think.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Mar 1, 2009 5:03 am

Pronger rumors starting to come out. Morris too.

Many of the trade rumors currently swirling around the Bruins this weekend have Chris Pronger in Boston before Wednesday’s trade deadline expires.

But, according to a source that’s had direct conversation with Phoenix defenseman Derek Morris, the Coyotes told Morris on Thursday that both Philadelphia and Boston have asked for him to waive his no-trade clause.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/Article.php?ArtID=306772

My take on Pronger, he will cost too much. If we are going to trade Kess, or one of Krecji/Wheeler. Why not get J-Bo. He is younger.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Dakid21KG » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:57 pm

From the herald

Boston is working on two deals.

For Kaberle it has been offered...Joe Calbourne, 1st pick, and 3rd pick

For Pronger has been offereed...Mark Stuart, Joe Calbourne, and 1st

I would love either deal

Return to Boston Bruins