Calgary Flames Offseason Thread

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Calgary Flames Offseason Thread 

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 pm

A new coach is needed, what will be done with Jarome Iginla?

Lots of changes need to be made in Calgary. What will it take to make a push for the playoffs?
Drake_02
Banned User
And1: 0

Jay Feaster should be fired! Flames should rebuild now. 

Post#2 » by Drake_02 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:43 am

Feaster should have traded Iginla and Kipper for something good. Now both of those players values have dropped.

Your thoughts on this?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Calgary Flames Offseason Thread 

Post#3 » by LittleOzzy » Tue May 29, 2012 4:50 pm

As the Calgary Flames continue their search for a new head coach, they could be setting their sights on Rangers assistant coach Mike Sullivan, ESPNNewYork.com reports.

Several teams, including the Flames, are looking for a new bench boss and Sullivan is expected to be on a number of team's lists.
"My whole mindset is the fact that I'm employed by the New York Rangers," Sullivan told ESPN. "Do I have aspirations to be a head coach? Sure I do. I think we all do that are in this business. I've been there before, but I'm in a great situation here.

"Opportunities that may present themselves from a career standpoint moving forward, I'll deal with them as they come. Right now, from my perspective, it's been all about the Rangers."

Sullivan was an assistant coach under John Tortorella in Tampa Bay under GM Jay Feaster, now the GM of the Flames, and he played for Calgary from 1993-97.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cgy120529.html

Return to Calgary Flames