FA/Trade Rumours thread

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

FA/Trade Rumours thread 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:04 pm

Post any Free Agent and Trades rumoured to involve Calgary or a possible replacement for PLayfair( :pray: )
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by moose man » Wed May 2, 2007 4:55 pm

Some interesting stuff out there Flames wise, just to get some talk and activity back

Smythe to Calgary?
Ryan will probably explore the Edmonton route first as well...although Calgary and even Vancouver will be very much in that game...a long shot...Minnesota.
I think this would be an interesting addition because hes the kind of player that could be very useful in our system. However if we pay him the money hes looking for, who leaves? Iginla? Regher? Stuart? Hammer? Kipper? Smythe is a valuable player but I don't know if I'd take him over any of the previously named guys.

Talks of a new 5 year deal for Jarome?
I am hearing that talks are ongoing to try and tie up Iginla in Calgary to a new five year deal. A source said, "The FLames have some guys they want to go after and Jarome would help get them in here" Iginla has once year left on his current deal

or Iggy on the move?
I hear that there are rumblings out there that Iggy may be moved in Calgary. I am hearing that talks are on going for a new contract, so some of these trade leaks may be associated with those discussions...My sources say only under one condition would such a move be even considered....that is if the Flames sign Ryan Smyth. There are other rumors with Calgary involving players still playing in the Cup Finals, but as I said I will hold off any of that speculation in respect for those teams and their Cup runs

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of those players still on their cup run is Marleau. But that's just me guessing. I would like to see Iggy return and finish his career here but at a reasonable price.

Your thoughts?

Edit - all quotes courtesy of Eklund from Hockeybuzz
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#3 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Wed May 2, 2007 10:08 pm

well on the Ryan Smyth trade I have heard just ideas on people reading at unreliable sources the player moved would be Tanguay he makes 5 million.

Iginla wants a new deal and Sutter wants to give him one but Jim Playfair's coaching best suits young players that know his system. So Iggy might need to take a paycut.

The person that could be traded for Iggy is Simon Gagne and a Ryan Parent.

Longshot but Gagne and Tanguay would be money in the bank and Parent and Phanuef would be awesome.

Doubt Philly does it though.

All in all I predict Ryan Smyth going to NYR for the 6 Mil he wants Sather will give him it and I expect all the UFAs to go exept for either Hammer or if they pucker up Stuart.

Iggy and Kipper will be kept.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by moose man » Wed May 2, 2007 11:01 pm

I know im just dreaming and it would probably never happen but what about something along the lines of Malkin or Staal for Iginla. Of course more would need to be added but it makes a little sense. Imagine Iggy adn Crosby together! downright scary
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#5 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu May 3, 2007 4:01 am

moose man wrote:I know im just dreaming and it would probably never happen but what about something along the lines of Malkin or Staal for Iginla. Of course more would need to be added but it makes a little sense. Imagine Iggy adn Crosby together! downright scary

that is a really fair deal if it were staal but pitts would not do it cause he is way younger.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by moose man » Thu May 3, 2007 4:11 pm

Yeah I mean other pieces would need to be added but I think its just my imagination. Staal is a sutter type player too. One can only dream. Another interesting tid bit:
Flames to make a push for Souray?
The Avalanche are looking to add some major pieces. Some of the key players the Avs are looking at are still playing, so I can't get too far into them, but The Avs will make a serious play for Sheldon Souray. Another team that could grab Souray are the Flames, should they choose to not bring back Stuart and/or Hamrlik.

I think that this would really help us out on our powerplay with Phaneuf and Souray back there. They can't just focus on taking away Dion's shot. I'd almost rather have Stuart back, I really liked the way he played down the stretch
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#7 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat May 5, 2007 8:41 pm

moose man wrote:Yeah I mean other pieces would need to be added but I think its just my imagination. Staal is a sutter type player too. One can only dream. Another interesting tid bit:
Flames to make a push for Souray?
The Avalanche are looking to add some major pieces. Some of the key players the Avs are looking at are still playing, so I can't get too far into them, but The Avs will make a serious play for Sheldon Souray. Another team that could grab Souray are the Flames, should they choose to not bring back Stuart and/or Hamrlik.

I think that this would really help us out on our powerplay with Phaneuf and Souray back there. They can't just focus on taking away Dion's shot. I'd almost rather have Stuart back, I really liked the way he played down the stretch

Um Souray is an older Phaneuf. he will comand more than Stuart. Phaneuf can hit harder though.

Stuart is a true defenseman. We need him no more big offensive defenseman we have a nice young one who will comand alot more in a years time.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#8 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Well this is an old thread I thought I would bring up.... yes I know I had to dig through a lot of pages......

SO FAR THE FLAMES HAVE:

Traded Andrei Zyuzin and Marr for Adrian Aucoin and a 7th round pick

DEMONTED/FIRED Jim Playfair! Merry Christmas!

Traded the 18th overall pick to the St.Louis Blues for picks 24 and 70.

They selected Mikael Backlund with the 24th pick.

Bold= New addition to the Flames

RUMOURS:

Rumours all around are reporting the Flames are very intrested in Ryan Smyth and Calgary would be ideal for Smyth.... and Oiler fans!

If we picked up Smyth that would mean bye bye Hammer, Stuart and all the olides.

Also we would have to trade a contract like Alex Tanguay to a team for cap relief.... IM hearing Alex Kovalev.... I know dumb.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by moose man » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Im hearing that Regher wants out after this year and has told sutter this. The Penguins seem like the most interested team so far. This could be fatal for our back end. losing 3 of our top 4 from the year before would not be good.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#10 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:08 pm

moose man wrote:Im hearing that Regher wants out after this year and has told sutter this. The Penguins seem like the most interested team so far. This could be fatal for our back end. losing 3 of our top 4 from the year before would not be good.

Why would Regher want out?? Jesus.... we need to win and fast.

be trade Regher for picks or something like Esposito and a second for Regher?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#11 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sun Jul 1, 2007 7:39 pm

TSN: Flames heavily Pursuing Hannan and would be surprised if he did not sign with us.

Our defensive 4: Phaneuf Regher
Aucoin Hannan
Warrener Hale/Girodano

I want Souray still, better option than Hannan

No rumours on Smyth.

Also: Tanguay for Jokinen is what Darren Dreger is saying. Jokinen was possesed under Keenan.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by timd1218 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 3:49 am

moose man wrote:I know im just dreaming and it would probably never happen but what about something along the lines of Malkin or Staal for Iginla. Of course more would need to be added but it makes a little sense. Imagine Iggy adn Crosby together! downright scary

Pens won't be trading Staal now. Plus, if the Pens sign Kariya, he will be playing with Crosby. Honestly, I'd do Malkin for Iggy. I think Staal is going to have the better Career out of the 2.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#13 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Jul 2, 2007 4:25 am

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pens won't be trading Staal now. Plus, if the Pens sign Kariya, he will be playing with Crosby. Honestly, I'd do Malkin for Iggy. I think Staal is going to have the better Career out of the 2.

Flames wont though. Not like they would say no because its lobsided but because Iggy is our franchise, he is a community guy and has been a great captain and teammate for so long. He is our best offensive player and probably best player overall.

Plus salaries wont come close. If it were Iggy for Malkin you would have to throw in something.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by timd1218 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 4:40 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Flames wont though. Not like they would say no because its lobsided but because Iggy is our franchise, he is a community guy and has been a great captain and teammate for so long. He is our best offensive player and probably best player overall.

Plus salaries wont come close. If it were Iggy for Malkin you would have to throw in something.

Do salaries have the match up for trades?

Also, does Regher still want out of Calgary?
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#15 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Jul 2, 2007 2:57 pm

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do salaries have the match up for trades?

Also, does Regher still want out of Calgary?

Malkin is on an entry level contract which is like 600,00-1.4 i think and Iggy is gettting roughly 7 million a year.

We dont know, hopefully not but it would have to involve ryan whitney coming here, salaries would match up too.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by timd1218 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 3:20 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Malkin is on an entry level contract which is like 600,00-1.4 i think and Iggy is gettting roughly 7 million a year.

We dont know, hopefully not but it would have to involve ryan whitney coming here, salaries would match up too.

Would you do something like Tanguay/Regher for Gonchar/Christensen/Prospect?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#17 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Jul 2, 2007 3:31 pm

Tanguay got 78 points last season. HE is consistently a 60 points player plus. He is an above zero plus minus every year he has played. Regher is rock solid too.

GOnchar is old and CHrsitensen does not make up for that IMO.No thanx

If you wanted both It would be like Whitney and Armstrong maybe
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#18 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jul 3, 2007 12:34 am

Flames have singed Owen Nolan to a 1 year 2 million dollar deal.

Flames have re-upped Rockin' Robyn to a 4 year 20 million dollar deal.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by moose man » Tue Jul 3, 2007 1:09 am

I don't know about the Nolan signing, although I think he is a good leader and a good character guy. Who knows if he'll live up to the 2 mil though. I read somewhere that the 2 million is including his playing bonuses. But I guess we'll see. I don't mind it.

The Regher signing is perfect. Nice and cheap for a top 2 dman on many teams. After seeing what Hannan, and Hammer got. I like this deal.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by moose man » Tue Jul 3, 2007 1:12 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:Tanguay got 78 points last season. HE is consistently a 60 points player plus. He is an above zero plus minus every year he has played. Regher is rock solid too.

GOnchar is old and CHrsitensen does not make up for that IMO.No thanx

If you wanted both It would be like Whitney and Armstrong maybe

No way Whitney gets dealt anywhere, but I really like Armstrong.

Return to Calgary Flames