Not the Anticipated Start!

moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Not the Anticipated Start! 

Post#1 » by moose man » Tue Oct 9, 2007 4:05 am

Where did everyone go?! After the not so eventful summer! :wink: Our beloved flames have started out 0-1-1 in 2 very win-able games. Hopefully they can turn it around on the road, but right now our mental mistakes are killing us. It's not lack of effort, it's small lapses that are getting us into trouble. 4 powerplay goals on 9 opportunities against is not going to win you games. The penalty kill needs to step up. And Aucoin is not looking like Hamrlik or Stuart. Small mistak there its looking like. Two games in and it looks like nothing has changed in cow town. The road will be interesting! What are your guys thoughts so far?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#2 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:28 am

This happens every year. Around the 10th game I expect us to start playing Flames hockey.[/i]
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#3 » by moose man » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm

I'd have to agree with you there Child_prodigy...nice to see you back! However, we've only won one game including preseason. There has to be some cause for concern.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:34 am

Well 2 straight road wins thats a good sign Nashville and Dallas two places we havent won at in a while. Lets see what happens in Colorado.

Iggy is playing great but Kipper is tending to let in the early shaky goal then protecting the cage like kipper for the rest of the game. I would like to see him play like the Kipper we love for the whole game.

Maybe its me but, I have noticed that when a player scores he gets a second. Its kind of streaky hockey, when your hot your on fire when your cold its horrible. I would like to see better balance in the goal scoring around the forwards. I will still take the win.

Return to Calgary Flames