ImageImage

Jabari Thread (Rumors and Smoke everywhere, pg 90)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Re: Jabari Thread 

Post#1641 » by mke_design » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 am

har13 wrote:
JEIS wrote:
yannisk wrote:Yes but Beasley is usually healthy while Jabari usually recovering fro serious injury. Also Beas looks like a happy guy that has a positive influence in the team spirit. Jabari on the other hand (even though he is a good guy) is a bit moody and sulky

It's not like he was moody and sulky without cause. He was supposed to be one of, if not the main piece to build the Bucks team around (then Giannis happend).

He was out for over a year busting his a$$ to come back and play... He wan't getting playing time, they were limiting his minutes (after his restrictions were lifted), when he was playing, he wasn't getting the ball when playing with Kris and Giannis . This can be frustrating and make players disengage on defense. Not just Jabari.

The Bucks very well could have been intentionally keeping his playing time low to keep his qualifying offer low, as well as not allowing a large sample size for other teams to see. With the Bucks being against the cap, it is a very smart and likely scenario.
It is a very smart stradegy from the team/business payroll wise and retaining Jabari, but you can create bad blood with your player, which they did.

There were many games last year where Jabari looked like rookie Giannis not getting the ball passed to him.

I don't know if it was a combo of the team/coaches were sending a message, afraid that Jabari was goin to cut into them getting theirs?, that if you don't pick it up on D, you aren't getting the ball?, just unsure how to incorporate him back into the team or what?

Jabari was trying to be vocal in order to get more playing time to prevent what is currently happening in free agency. It didn't work.

You can't prove yourself if you aren't on the floor. If you don't have the ball and if you suck on defense you are not going to help your team much.

He was hesitant.
His double hops after dunking made my stomach drop.
He was not confident in his knee and it showed. I don't know many players who wouldn't be.

Yeah Giannis and Khris not passing him the ball is the reason for him not playing D, sure why not.
Gianni was also the problem in Duke and his fault why he is not even try sometimes to return back to D.
Khris fault for not even know where he must be on D.

2 years ago most of Jabari baskets were asisted by Gianni but i didn't see better D back then too.

And a question, how bad 11 shots per game in 24 mins are for someone to say "i'm not going to play d"? And he was out half a season because of a big injurie, what he expected? to shoot 20?

The real problem is his head, he see his teammates like enemies and he is leaving in his past glory, you never see him happy if he is not involving, at least he looks like that.

A guy like that is not a good team player and no he didn't deserve more playing time and for sure he didn't do anything to deserve a better contract.

JEIS seems to own Jabaristan island all to his lonesome. Jabari doesn’t even wanna be there.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#1642 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 am

mke_design wrote:
har13 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

It's not like he was moody and sulky without cause. He was supposed to be one of, if not the main piece to build the Bucks team around (then Giannis happend).

He was out for over a year busting his a$$ to come back and play... He wan't getting playing time, they were limiting his minutes (after his restrictions were lifted), when he was playing, he wasn't getting the ball when playing with Kris and Giannis . This can be frustrating and make players disengage on defense. Not just Jabari.

The Bucks very well could have been intentionally keeping his playing time low to keep his qualifying offer low, as well as not allowing a large sample size for other teams to see. With the Bucks being against the cap, it is a very smart and likely scenario.
It is a very smart stradegy from the team/business payroll wise and retaining Jabari, but you can create bad blood with your player, which they did.

There were many games last year where Jabari looked like rookie Giannis not getting the ball passed to him.

I don't know if it was a combo of the team/coaches were sending a message, afraid that Jabari was goin to cut into them getting theirs?, that if you don't pick it up on D, you aren't getting the ball?, just unsure how to incorporate him back into the team or what?

Jabari was trying to be vocal in order to get more playing time to prevent what is currently happening in free agency. It didn't work.

You can't prove yourself if you aren't on the floor. If you don't have the ball and if you suck on defense you are not going to help your team much.

He was hesitant.
He was not confident in his knee and it showed. I don't know many players who wouldn't be.

Yeah Giannis and Khris not passing him the ball is the reason for him not playing D, sure why not.
Gianni was also the problem in Duke and his fault why he is not even try sometimes to return back to D.

2 years ago most of Jabari baskets were asisted by Gianni but i didn't see better D back then too.

And a question, how bad 11 shots per game in 24 mins are for someone to say "i'm not going to play d"? And he was out half a season because of a big injurie, what he expected? to shoot 20?

The real problem is his head, he see his teammates like enemies and he is leaving in his past glory, you never see him happy if he is not involving, at least he looks like that.

A guy like that is not a good team player and no he didn't deserve more playing time and for sure he didn't do anything to deserve a better contract.

JEIS seems to own Jabaristan island all to his lonesome. Jabari doesn’t even wanna be there.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Dude said he liked it here, wanted to play here a long time, make Milwaukee his home.

When the Bucks didn't start him, didn't play him substantial minutes, didn't offer him a fair contract, he got a$$ chapped.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#1643 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:22 am

Maybe he should have played with urgency like he wanted those minutes instead of sulking?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Re: RE: Re: Jabari Thread 

Post#1644 » by Frank Nova » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Maybe he should have played with urgency like he wanted those minutes instead of sulking?
Paging Dr. Obvious...

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1645 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 am

Someone needs to make an emo Jabari twitter account
Do it for Chuck
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#1646 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 am

har13 wrote:
JEIS wrote:
yannisk wrote:Yes but Beasley is usually healthy while Jabari usually recovering fro serious injury. Also Beas looks like a happy guy that has a positive influence in the team spirit. Jabari on the other hand (even though he is a good guy) is a bit moody and sulky

He was hesitant.

I think it is a combination of a few things. He is not 100% comfortable with the system. It is one thing learning it via play book, it is another running it live action with teammates. He doesn't have the comfort level to be where he needs to be without thinking. Like a new job, it takes time to do something well and be consistently good at it. You can't be on the court if you are a constant liability to your team. I get that. If you are putting someone in the game knowing they don't know what they are doing then that falls on the coach to maximize the players talents to compensate for their flaws, or gear your system to the players that you have to allow them to succeed. You don't put them in a position to fail and wonder why it happens.

Jabari is not by any means a defensive stalwart. As you mentioned, he wasn't at Duke either. He sucked in Sweenys/Kidds system. He seemed to play respectable man defense.

I am more concerned about a guy that size with multiple acl injuries not re-injuring his knee on a length contract.

As far as the criticism from his teammates, I agree. He likely does feel singled out, He gets called out often by his teammates, much more than other players. It is propably embarassing especialy on t.v.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,413

Post#1647 » by th87 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:56 am

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:who has more sheer scoring ability Jabari or Beasley?

Man. it sucks saying this but I think it's Beasley just because he knows what he's doing every time the ball is in his hands.

Yeah, Beasley has a confidence and fluidity to his scoring that Parker just doesn't. On paper Parker has it all but there's just something missing.

Development time?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1648 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 am

All said, I'd love it if there was a cheap way to see what Bud can do with Jabari for a year.
He has been misused, no doubt about that.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#1649 » by Ayt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 am

JEIS wrote:It's not like he was moody and sulky without cause. He was supposed to be one of, if not the main piece to build the Bucks team around (then Giannis happend).

So he was moody and sulky because he was supposed to be one of, if not, the main piece of the Bucks and that didn't happen? How many top 5 picks don't live up to the hype of being franchise players yet still become excellent players? Jabari will never be as good as Giannis. If he can't accept that, he's delusional.

It isn't like they buried him on the bench. He was a guy coming off a 2nd ACL injury. In his first 10 games back, he averaged 19.5 MPG. In the remaining games, he averaged 26.1 MPG. That was plenty of time to show what he's got.

**** hell, dude. He didn't play more because he wasn't playing well and he was giving piss poor effort. You don't need to create a conspiracy to explain why one of the worst defensive players in the league (who you admit can be moody and can sulk) didn't get more playing time.
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#1650 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 am

Ayt wrote:
JEIS wrote:It's not like he was moody and sulky without cause. He was supposed to be one of, if not the main piece to build the Bucks team around (then Giannis happend).

So he was moody and sulky because he was supposed to be one of, if not, the main piece of the Bucks and that didn't happen? How many top 5 picks don't live up to the hype of being franchise players yet still become excellent players? Jabari will never be as good as Giannis. If he can't accept that, he's delusional.

It isn't like they buried him on the bench. He was a guy coming off a 2nd ACL injury. In his first 10 games back, he averaged 19.5 MPG. In the remaining games, he averaged 26.1 MPG. That was plenty of time to show what he's got.

**** hell, dude. He didn't play more because he wasn't playing well and he was giving piss poor effort. You don't need to create a conspiracy to explain why one of the worst defensive players in the league (who you admit can be moody and can sulk) didn't get more playing time.

He was moody and sulky for other reasons too likely. Like his boss (coach kidd) treating him like a pos... not playing... the feeling that the team/organizations doesn't want you, Have you ever worked in a negative work environment? To act like these young adults 20 to 25 years old are going to say and do all the right things all the time is nieve. They are real people too.
I mean come on. You have other people on your team getting paid substantially more that what you are making, others sucking horribly, and you are not out on the court and they are? That would eat at most people in his position.

Henson was a bum a$$ up til last year,Thon was horrific, Gary Payton 2 got run, Kilpatrick, Snell, Delly. I get you have to play a center, but still seeing others less deserving of playing time... Midds even was half a$$ing it much of the season.

He handles criticism and his temper better than Giannis. He isn't telling coaches he will f#%@ them up or spearing people.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1651 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 am

bigdog34 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I give the team credit there have been no leaks about what the Bucks may be offering, what Jabari wants, possible deals, etc... Only speculation.

Bucks have been great at preventing leaks since the new ownership group came in. Even with injuries we're always just guessing. I don't praise this ownership group often but they deserve credit for that.

Ahem...Draft trade debacle with ATL...ahem.

Teams find out who other teams are taking via social media. That's how the draft works and that's why every team is following twitter during the draft. That's not a leak any more than a player finding out they have been traded while watching ESPN is a leak. The Bucks had nothing to lose once they were locked into taking DiVincenzo.

In hindsight, it seems that the Bucks could've acquired another 1st round pick if they had chosen to draft Huerter. It's too bad just like not trading for Curry was too bad or drafting Jabari over Embiid was too bad. The idea that the Hawks were willing to make that trade if only the Bucks waited a few more minutes to reveal their pick is ridiculous.

Notice how during this whole Jabari thing, we have no idea what is going on. People are speculating that the Bucks are lowballing Jabari and waiting for him to sign an outside offer but it's purely observational based on how long this is taking. There has been nothing about these negotiations. There was the one rumor that Jabari rejected an offer of 3 years, $54 million but Jabari's camp denied that. So what is the truth? When it comes to the Bucks, nobody ever knows.
Read on Twitter
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Post#1652 » by Rainwater » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 am

Yeah, its funny how little has leaked about this Jabari situation. Everything so far has been speculation. I check in every now and then expecting to hear something but nothing. I will do a little speculation myself and say I have a feeling he ends up taking the qualifying offer.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#1653 » by MAC1987 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:20 am

th87 wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Man. it sucks saying this but I think it's Beasley just because he knows what he's doing every time the ball is in his hands.

Yeah, Beasley has a confidence and fluidity to his scoring that Parker just doesn't. On paper Parker has it all but there's just something missing.

Development time?

Exactly, Parker was going to be way better if it wasn't for his injuries. Prior to last knee surgery he was driving hard to the basket and finishing. He looked exactly how everyone expected him. Comparing him to Beasley is kind of silly AFTER 2 knee surgeries.

With that said, he is changing his game so he doesn't have to driver anymore. It was pretty obvious last year.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#1654 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Jabari pointed a lot of fingers at teammates after his own **** ups. Kidd poured all the petrol on the fire, Jabari did himself no favours though. Massive lack of ownership.

There's still a part of me that wants to see what Bud could do with him on a cheap deal but it really doesn't seem like there's anything left there in the relationship.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
niceboy03
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#1655 » by niceboy03 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:41 pm

You guys are literally beyond sad at this point. Comparing parker to Beasley and even saying Beasley as a higher upside and better offensive player. You guys need to get your heads examined, like wtf. :crazy:

It's just hilarious how quickly a lot of you just wanna get rid of jabari at just the age of 23, like he doesn't have years of improvement left to do. Like he doesn't now finally have an off-season to develop, without having to rehab an injury. I wonder what you guys would have said about steph curry early on in his career when he was dealing with ankle injuries, i'm pretty sure most of you would have glady dealt him. Good thing none of you are GMs, that's all i'm saying
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#1656 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:43 pm

It could be he is a nice guy, so he gets walked all over by people. He might not typically stick up for himself, but was pushed to the point of saying something after years of keeping it all in.

Again, if your head coach was wanting to trade you from your rookie season, I could see where there could be some bad feelings. Feelings of not being wanted, not being appreciated. That can build up to anger and frustration and wear on ya. An ex player spoke out and said Kidd was an a$$ to him and picked on him. There is a good chance other coaches followed suit.

I guess, if you compare it to a marriage. You get the kids ready for school(training), you go to work(practice), you clean the house(eat properly), you do the laundry(lift weights),you make the bed (loyal to the team and city), you do yard work(shoot well), you fix the cars(rehab), you read the kids books at night (volunteer work), help out with homework(pass well), You do this kind of stuff, but every so often you forget which clothes are dry clean only(mental lapses on D).

So you shrink you wifes shirt on accident(Jabari's mental lapses on D).
You get ragged at for 3 hrs about it... and then you don't have sex(playing time).

You would hope that they would realize you do a lot of other positive things well too. That you didn't intentionally shrink their shirt. That yeah, of course I messed up, nobody is perfect. It sucks, but your shirts don't have the tags in them that say dryclean only(they sytem you are running sucks and is too complex), so how was I to know? Other people who do the wash have the same problem(teamates failed in the system as well). What about all the things that are done on the daily? Can you appreciate those instead of just complaining?, being negative and focusing on the one thing I mess up at because it is kind of complex to figure out... or better yet implement a better system that works better ( use a different defensive scheme that prevents the issues from occurring).

Even the injury as an illness that prevents you from doing chores, but every day you are working hard to get back to being the person you were for them prior to being sick, and the had to replace you with a maid, auto repair man, after school tutoring, dryclean service, daycare... You are now back and they treat you like a scrub and lack off appreciation and commitment because this is the second time you were sick.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,861

Post#1657 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:57 pm

JEIS wrote:
He was moody and sulky for other reasons too likely. Like his boss (coach kidd) treating him like a pos... not playing... the feeling that the team/organizations doesn't want you, Have you ever worked in a negative work environment? To act like these young adults 20 to 25 years old are going to say and do all the right things all the time is nieve. They are real people too.
I mean come on. You have other people on your team getting paid substantially more that what you are making, others sucking horribly, and you are not out on the court and they are? That would eat at most people in his position.

Henson was a bum a$$ up til last year,Thon was horrific, Gary Payton 2 got run, Kilpatrick, Snell, Delly. I get you have to play a center, but still seeing others less deserving of playing time... Midds even was half a$$ing it much of the season.

He handles criticism and his temper better than Giannis He isn't telling coaches he will f#%@ them up or spearing people.

Pretty sure it's normal to have a lot of guys being paid more than you when YOU'RE STILL ON YOUR ROOKIE CONTRACT...
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1658 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

this situation reminds me a lot of the brandon Jennings free agency here. he signed july 31st that year.
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#1659 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm

jschligs wrote:
JEIS wrote:

He handles criticism and his temper better than Giannis He isn't telling coaches he will f#%@ them up or spearing people.

Pretty sure it's normal to have a lot of guys being paid more than you when YOU'RE STILL ON YOUR ROOKIE CONTRACT...

And? At your job, if you are doing more work than the next guy, he is making twice as much as you, sucking more than you, not working as hard as you, getting more opportunities and you are being chewd out by your boss
, and low balled on a contract offer you would be fine with that?

I am guessing not so much.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,861

Post#1660 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:14 pm

JEIS wrote:
jschligs wrote:
JEIS wrote:

And? At your job, if you are doing more work than the next guy, he is making twice as much as you, sucking more than you, not working as hard as you, getting more opportunities and you are being chewd out by your boss
, and low balled on a contract offer you would be fine with that?

I am guessing not so much.

Well if I was locked into a contract from 4 years ago and I missed 2 years because of an injury and hadn't done anything to earn more money then no, I probably wouldn't be that upset.

This is the NBA. It's how it goes. You don't play, and play well, you don't get paid. Every year's FA market is different, and every GM is different. To just expect to be paid more because you THINK you are better when healthy is just unreal.

Your whole argument makes no sense....a contract is a contract. You have to EARN it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks