ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1061 » by skones » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've been to most of the places around the FF and most I've had good food. I haven't yet eaten at Punchbowl or Mecca or Good City. Thinking about watching Badgers/Buckeyes and eating at one of them before the home opener next week. How is the food at those 3 places?

If I'm going to eat downtown, I'm not eating at any of these places. I'm going to grab a bite somewhere else before I head somewhere to watch a game (Unless it's Oscar's). With that being said, the OG Good City Location makes a pretty solid burger. I'd say that's probably your safest bet if all's the same. The Punch Bowl Social aesthetic is such that anything you get is going to be woefully overpriced for what you're getting. Can't really speak on the Mecca, though would mostly assume you're getting pretty average bar fare there.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1062 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:40 pm

skones wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I've been to most of the places around the FF and most I've had good food. I haven't yet eaten at Punchbowl or Mecca or Good City. Thinking about watching Badgers/Buckeyes and eating at one of them before the home opener next week. How is the food at those 3 places?

If I'm going to eat downtown, I'm not eating at any of these places. I'm going to grab a bite somewhere else before I head somewhere to watch a game (Unless it's Oscar's). With that being said, the OG Good City Location makes a pretty solid burger. I'd say that's probably your safest bet if all's the same. The Punch Bowl Social aesthetic is such that anything you get is going to be woefully overpriced for what you're getting. Can't really speak on the Mecca, though would mostly assume you're getting pretty average bar fare there.

Thanks. Appreciate the info. With the game starting at 11 I don't really want to go eat somewhere before that and then watch the game somewhere else. Since I'm going to the home opener it would be convenient to just be down by FF. As I said in my original post I've eaten at a lot of places near the FF, I just thought maybe I'd try one of the 3 new one's I haven't eaten at yet.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1063 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Only eaten at Mecca once and had a burger, it's expensive, but, good food and worth it to experience that place.

Thank you, a good burger is always a solid option. I eat healthy most of the time but not on game days :)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1064 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Mecca > Punch Bowl

(sample size of one meal at each place)

The Mecca was absolutely slammed for the Badgers/Northwestern game. Great atmosphere. Good food. You may want to get there early for a prime Bucky/OUS viewing experience.

Appreciate it
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#1065 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I've been very underwhelmed by the food so far at FF. I expect that it will be expensive but it's just not very good. And as has been talked about of course there are a ton of good options near/around the FF. But I don't always have time to eat elsewhere before a game.

Oh man I don't know that I could disagree with you any more than I do. I'll agree it's overpriced but compared to Miller Park, Camp Randall, Lambeau, etc I think Fiserv has the most diverse options and the best tasting options

Lambeau has to have some of the worst dining options in the NFL, which is bananas considering the market here. I can’t believe people get food during the game. FF absolutely blows it out of the water.
skones
RealGM

Post#1066 » by skones » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
skones wrote:

Thanks. Appreciate the info. With the game starting at 11 I don't really want to go eat somewhere before that and then watch the game somewhere else. Since I'm going to the home opener it would be convenient to just be down by FF. As I said in my original post I've eaten at a lot of places near the FF, I just thought maybe I'd try one of the 3 new one's I haven't eaten at yet.

You don't have to go very far for some quality eats. Birch and Butcher's right up the road serving brunch without a wait and it's fantastic (just hit the top 30, big space, easy to get a table, they do simple really really well). You've got Point East a few blocks away from that. Elsa's on park, the options at Saint Kate (I know you have kids, Proof Pizza might be the play). Uncle Wolfies (probably too trendy at current, long waits) and View MKE (went into Wolf Peach and is better imo) up the hill.

A bit all over the place, but I've got a group I dine with, we've got a spreadsheet, restaurants excite me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1067 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 am

Do those places have good viewing areas for the Badger game
skones
RealGM

Post#1068 » by skones » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:54 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Do those places have good viewing areas for the Badger game

Unfortunately not.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1069 » by talbert » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:38 am

I noticed that this year's tickets say "Screenshots are not valid". Has anyone had an issue with that yet?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#1070 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:03 am

talbert wrote:I noticed that this year's tickets say "Screenshots are not valid". Has anyone had an issue with that yet?

Then they better improve their WiFi
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1071 » by talbert » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:42 am

Man, I just realized that we only get 41 home games. No wonder season tickets didn't go up more this year. I feel like they should have to disclose that or do something to make it up to season ticket holders.This is the little stuff that the Bucks do that piss me off as a season ticket holder.

Edit: I'm an idiot. :crazy: :banghead:

However, I have had it being a season ticket holder.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1072 » by glenn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:44 am

talbert wrote:Man, I just realized that we only get 41 home games. No wonder season tickets didn't go up more this year. I feel like they should have to disclose that or do something to make it up to season ticket holders.This is the little stuff that the Bucks do that piss me off as a season ticket holder.

What
:reporter:
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#1073 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:44 am

glenn wrote:
talbert wrote:Man, I just realized that we only get 41 home games. No wonder season tickets didn't go up more this year. I feel like they should have to disclose that or do something to make it up to season ticket holders.This is the little stuff that the Bucks do that piss me off as a season ticket holder.

What

I’m so confused.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#1074 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:53 am

MVP2110 wrote:
talbert wrote:I noticed that this year's tickets say "Screenshots are not valid". Has anyone had an issue with that yet?

Ticketmaster has a new barcode that doesn’t work as a screenshot. It refreshes a new barcode every few seconds so your tickets can’t be stolen. It’s actually pretty neat. I went to the Packers vs. Broncos game a few weeks ago and had to do it. My Ticketmaster account refers to them as “Safetix”. I assume that’s the system the Bucks are going to use as well.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1075 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:56 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Ticketmaster has a new barcode that doesn’t work as a screenshot. It refreshes a new barcode every few seconds so your tickets can’t be stolen. It’s actually pretty neat. I went to the Packers vs. Broncos game a few weeks ago and had to do it. My Ticketmaster account refers to them as “Safetix”. I assume that’s the system the Bucks are going to use as well.

I had that with Packer tickets as well. But I have Bucks tickets for the opener Saturday and the tix don't appear to have that. It looks like the barcode is static. So maybe they're implementing it at some point in the future.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#1076 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:13 am

I'm fine it, but I've had issues connecting to their WiFi when I'm there and I'd hate to be in line, having issues connecting, and holding up the rest of the line
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#1077 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

I had that with Packer tickets as well. But I have Bucks tickets for the opener Saturday and the tix don't appear to have that. It looks like the barcode is static. So maybe they're implementing it at some point in the future.

Ahh yeah, it’s probably coming later in the season.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1078 » by BradMKE » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:59 pm

The articles I read said that they were starting with only the NFL and a few major touring acts. Wouldn't expect it for Bucks games until the 20-21 season I'd think. Seems like a slower rollout.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1079 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm

I was reading that the 49ers are implementing unlimited food and non alcoholic beverages for all (you don't have a choice) season ticket holders for next season. It's NOT transferable if the ticket is sold. It's also limited to about 15 food items. Plus they are increasing season ticket prices by 13%.

IMHO not a good idea to force your season ticket holders to pay more for, while unlimited, is mostly lousy food.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#1080 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm using this as the general bitch about season tickets thread. I can't believe how hard it is to accept and send tickets. I have a pack I split with my friend and we have about 30 trades we need to make. I can't bulk selection send or accept tickets, so if he sends me 20 games, I have to click through multiple screens for each one. It is also impossible to see a full listing of what you paid and what you were charged, nor how many tickets you have to each game in list mode.

I feel that is a general thing with the NBA where they have things look cool with pictures and videos, but in reality all I want is quick access to clear information I need, whether it box scores, rosters, schedules, etc. BUT LOOK AT THIS 3 AND CELEBRATION BY DDV! taking up half the screen :x Style over substance. Rant over.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks