ImageImage

Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 18,590
And1: 6,994
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#781 » by M-C-G » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:22 am

Middleton was a value on his last contract and grossly overpaid given his impact on this team. However IF we could transplant Thanasis personality in Midds body we would win 70 games. Nuff said


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 14,938
And1: 5,323
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#782 » by TroyD92 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:20 pm

M-C-G wrote:Middleton was a value on his last contract and grossly overpaid given his impact on this team. However IF we could transplant Thanasis personality in Midds body we would win 70 games. Nuff said


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Do we also get Thanasis' body in the switch?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,301
And1: 1,120
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#783 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:06 pm

I found it sorta amusing how before last game in a small sample Khris had legitimately solid season averages and a lot of my friends on Twitter and elsewhere wrote articles and composed outraged posts. Where was Khris' respect, that sort of thing.

What was funny to me was the numbers they were all of a sudden using. What happened to per36? Why weren't they using TS%?

As it turned out, once Middleton had a (fraudulent, but whatever) stretch of actual decent numbers, that's all anyone wanted to talk about. "Could he do 50/40/90?"
"No reason he couldn't get to 20 PPG!"



Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 55,399
And1: 14,565
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#784 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:44 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:I found it sorta amusing how before last game in a small sample Khris had legitimately solid season averages and a lot of my friends on Twitter and elsewhere wrote articles and composed outraged posts. Where was Khris' respect, that sort of thing.


"Whenever I've got multiple #2 options on my team, I always love to pay one of them 4x as much. Stay strong my Bucks fan friends"

Image
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 941
And1: 494
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#785 » by soxperry » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:42 pm

I'm just going to put it out there that:

Paul + Gallinari = Middleton + Bledsoe + DJ in terms of the 125% rule.

Are we better or worse if we make that trade?

Bonus Question: After this season, would you rather be on the hook for 4 more years of Middleton or 2 more years of Chris Paul?
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 14,938
And1: 5,323
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#786 » by TroyD92 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:53 pm

soxperry wrote:I'm just going to put it out there that:

Paul + Gallinari = Middleton + Bledsoe + DJ in terms of the 125% rule.

Are we better or worse if we make that trade?

Bonus Question: After this season, would you rather be on the hook for 4 more years of Middleton or 2 more years of Chris Paul?


Oof. My gut says worse.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
truly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 1,217
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
   

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#787 » by truly » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:00 pm

soxperry wrote:I'm just going to put it out there that:

Paul + Gallinari = Middleton + Bledsoe + DJ in terms of the 125% rule.

Are we better or worse if we make that trade?

Bonus Question: After this season, would you rather be on the hook for 4 more years of Middleton or 2 more years of Chris Paul?


Thats a gamble because of the injury concerns.Then again i don't think the Bucks can win the championship we the current group of players so i would do it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
leroyjw10
Rookie
Posts: 1,240
And1: 804
Joined: Oct 27, 2016
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#788 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:16 pm

soxperry wrote:I'm just going to put it out there that:

Paul + Gallinari = Middleton + Bledsoe + DJ in terms of the 125% rule.

Are we better or worse if we make that trade?

Bonus Question: After this season, would you rather be on the hook for 4 more years of Middleton or 2 more years of Chris Paul?


Better, though I'm not sure OKC does it. I think their whole objective is to get rid of Paul's contract. They won't want to do that if it means taking on an even worse one in Middleton's.
User avatar
yannisk
Veteran
Posts: 2,941
And1: 1,844
Joined: Jul 14, 2013

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#789 » by yannisk » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:30 pm

soxperry wrote:I'm just going to put it out there that:

Paul + Gallinari = Middleton + Bledsoe + DJ in terms of the 125% rule.

Are we better or worse if we make that trade?


Paul is still better than Bledsoe and I like Gallinari more than Middleton (but he is always injured). We seem to have good chemistry now though, it is risky to replace the number 2, 3 guys.

Bonus Question: After this season, would you rather be on the hook for 4 more years of Middleton or 2 more years of Chris Paul?


that's a tough one, neither really

maybe we should trade just for Gallinari
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,490
And1: 8,793
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#790 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:43 pm

truly wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:However you want to measure it, Middleton has to be the 2nd best wing among east playoff teams. He can’t be worse than Josh Richardson, Tatum/Brown/Hayward, LeVert, Fournier, TJ Warren ECT. He’a not gonna catch Jimmy Butler and Beal’s team is too bad to matter. Not that big of an ask.


This is still a fair expectation, right?


To me,how he performs compared to these guys isn't that important.You need to compare him to real contenders and their number 2 options.So AD and PG i guess?And i am not sure Giannis is better than Lebron and Kawhi come playoff time which doesn't bode well for the Bucks.



My thinking here is that if Middleton is definitively a top two Eastern conference wing if keeps us comfortably at the tip top of the conference. If he slips to anything less our overall ceiling is lowered.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,301
And1: 1,120
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#791 » by DavidDunn21 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:27 pm

Your favorite Khris clutch meltdown?

A. Last night
B. Throwing the ball away up 3 with 5 seconds left against Denver
C. Pump faking with a second left against the Suns
D. Airball and turnover in the last minute in 2017 Raptors Game 6
E. Attempting only 9 shots with 2 free throws in the entirety of 2019 Game 5 vs. Raptors
F. Taking one shot in the last 14 minutes of elimination Game 6 vs. Raptors 2019
G. Other

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Image
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 16,856
And1: 4,113
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#792 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:45 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Your favorite Khris clutch meltdown?

A. Last night
B. Throwing the ball away up 3 with 5 seconds left against Denver
C. Pump faking with a second left against the Suns
D. Airball and turnover in the last minute in 2017 Raptors Game 6
E. Attempting only 9 shots with 2 free throws in the entirety of 2019 Game 5 vs. Raptors
F. Taking one shot in the last 14 minutes of elimination Game 6 vs. Raptors 2019
G. Other

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app


meh...all star.. those in the know love middleton
Bucksmaniac
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,717
And1: 239
Joined: Oct 26, 2009
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#793 » by Bucksmaniac » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:52 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Your favorite Khris clutch meltdown?

A. Last night
B. Throwing the ball away up 3 with 5 seconds left against Denver
C. Pump faking with a second left against the Suns
D. Airball and turnover in the last minute in 2017 Raptors Game 6
E. Attempting only 9 shots with 2 free throws in the entirety of 2019 Game 5 vs. Raptors
F. Taking one shot in the last 14 minutes of elimination Game 6 vs. Raptors 2019
G. Other

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app


meh...all star.. those in the know love middleton


Those who voted him in clearly didn't know his play last year, they just looked at the stat sheet. You really think, Bledsoe stan that you are, that he deserved an All Star berth over Bledsoe?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 16,856
And1: 4,113
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#794 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:05 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Your favorite Khris clutch meltdown?

A. Last night
B. Throwing the ball away up 3 with 5 seconds left against Denver
C. Pump faking with a second left against the Suns
D. Airball and turnover in the last minute in 2017 Raptors Game 6
E. Attempting only 9 shots with 2 free throws in the entirety of 2019 Game 5 vs. Raptors
F. Taking one shot in the last 14 minutes of elimination Game 6 vs. Raptors 2019
G. Other

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app


meh...all star.. those in the know love middleton


Those who voted him in clearly didn't know his play last year, they just looked at the stat sheet. You really think, Bledsoe stan that you are, that he deserved an All Star berth over Bledsoe?


not really interested in a debate on how confused EC coaches and usa basketball must be to put him in the all-star game or national teams or whatever. that head coaches in the league just look at boxscores. stupidest **** ive ever heard. waterheads can argue about **** like that but not me. its just how hes perceived by the highest braintrusts in the league. argue with them.

I really root for Bledsoe but theres a reason he isn't in the discussion for those honors and awards
Bucksmaniac
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,717
And1: 239
Joined: Oct 26, 2009
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#795 » by Bucksmaniac » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:30 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
meh...all star.. those in the know love middleton


Those who voted him in clearly didn't know his play last year, they just looked at the stat sheet. You really think, Bledsoe stan that you are, that he deserved an All Star berth over Bledsoe?


not really interested in a debate on how confused EC coaches and usa basketball must be to put him in the all-star game or national teams or whatever. that head coaches in the league just look at boxscores. stupidest **** ive ever heard. waterheads can argue about **** like that but not me. its just how hes perceived by the highest braintrusts in the league. argue with them.

I really root for Bledsoe but theres a reason he isn't in the discussion for those honors and awards


And why is that? Is it because at his best he is a good two way player (even though it doesn't all come together that often you pretty much never can say that about Mids since his injury a couple years ago)?
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,552
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#796 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:43 pm

Contracts aside, are DDV and Sterling better than Khris right now? Serious.
User avatar
Ron Swanson
RealGM
Posts: 14,047
And1: 9,017
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#797 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:48 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Contracts aside, are DDV and Sterling better than Khris, right now? Serious.


Image
Bucksmaniac
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,717
And1: 239
Joined: Oct 26, 2009
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#798 » by Bucksmaniac » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:50 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Contracts aside, are DDV and Sterling better than Khris right now? Serious.


Roles are different, so probably not fair to compare, but in percentage of bad plays vs good, it's definitely close.
mattg
Head Coach
Posts: 6,427
And1: 1,547
Joined: Feb 12, 2007

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#799 » by mattg » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:52 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Contracts aside, are DDV and Sterling better than Khris right now? Serious.

Defensively both are for sure. Not offensively though.
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,081
And1: 3,642
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#800 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:03 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Contracts aside, are DDV and Sterling better than Khris right now? Serious.



Sterling is better than Wes right now. Just stick with that.

Actually feel like Khris midrange game is sorely needed in this Bucks offense when three's just aren't dropping.

Khris obviously crapped the bed at the end, but, without him, last night ends in a blowout.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks