ImageImage

PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 19,007
And1: 10,156
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
     

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#441 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:59 pm

emunney wrote:How do we feel about Giannis shooting 3 pointers underhand?


He might be able to punt it in with his soccer skills. Is that illegal? :lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
Ron Swanson
RealGM
Posts: 16,415
And1: 12,674
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#442 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:00 pm

BigO wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:We have people complaining about Bud here, meanwhile Nash has KD and Kyrie deferring to BRUCE BROWN repeatedly last night lol. The Bucks will take that floater attempt over Brook every night of the week.


I'm sure Nash is also telling KD and Kyrie to "run that floater play for Bruce Brown" over and over (*sarcasm*). This is why this idea that the coach is holding the players' hands and drawing up every play for them is so weird. Nash isn't telling these guys to feed Bruce Brown the ball in the same way that Bud isn't telling Giannis to jack up an early shot-clock 3-pointer every time down the floor. Any half way decent coach has to empower their players and trust them to make the right play within the flow of the game.



Nonsense. There's a big difference between telling a player what to do on every play and letting him know you don't want him to shoot threes or telling him you want Jrue initiating the offense. Somehow you think it is beyond a coaches job to tell players your expectations. Bud needs to go.


A blind man could see that you were gonna find a way to blame everything on the coaching no matter what happened in this series or how basketball dumb the players' situational awareness is. No point in arguing this any further.
User avatar
MrHoneycutt
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,704
And1: 1,370
Joined: Feb 02, 2017
Location: Tropic of Cancer
   

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#443 » by MrHoneycutt » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Catching up on this KD bodyguard stuff, completely insane. If Giannis had a crony that ran onto the court in Brooklyn, the league would immediately shut it down.
#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
Krispy Kreme
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,885
And1: 2,222
Joined: Apr 02, 2015
   

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#444 » by Krispy Kreme » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 pm

KD is such a **** loser. Like holy hell.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 18,165
And1: 5,181
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#445 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:08 pm

BucksRule18 wrote:
Wonka wrote:There’s just no logical situation where Giannis should be shooting more threes than Khris or Jrue or literally anybody on the team. I get that he badly wants to be great at hitting those shots, and he’s out to prove to everyone that he can and that he’s put the work in, which I’m sure he has...but F*CK man. Those are just 7 additional turnovers in the scheme of things. Especially when he telegraphs every jumper the way he does.

Not to mention that if someone else is taking the 3, then you have Giannis crashing the boards for an offensive put back.

giannis doesnt crash the offensive boards. thats a thing we talk about but it really doesnt happen much
RedMosquito76
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 16
Joined: Mar 30, 2012
Location: Waus Vegas WI
     

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#446 » by RedMosquito76 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:08 pm

RRyder823 wrote:Good **** lord does this board need game 4 to be a 18+ 3pt explosion cause damn if all of you aren't just rainbows and sunshine.


So much this. I mean I know it was ugly, but it's the playoffs and a win is a win. :D

Let's all take a breath, do some deep knee bends and grasp for a little perspective. Things weren't this dour on the board when Kohl was perpetually chasing the 8 seed.

They're 1 home game away from a possible tied series, how about a little optimism?
Minivans are the root of all evil.
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,241
And1: 7,154
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#447 » by sidney lanier » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:08 pm

MrHoneycutt wrote:Catching up on this KD bodyguard stuff, completely insane. If Giannis had a crony that ran onto the court in Brooklyn, the league would immediately shut it down.


I hope in their altercation that P.J. Tucker correctly identified the lady body part that best describes KD. Really? Your bodyguard needs to come on the court to protect you?

Image
Two points in [our government] our people have already settled--the successful establishing and the successful administering of it. One still remains--its successful maintenance against a formidable internal attempt to overthrow it. -- A. Lincoln
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,241
And1: 7,154
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#448 » by sidney lanier » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:An ESPN talking head just said that, with Harden in the lineup, the Nets have not just the greatest offense in the history of basketball, but the greatest offense ever in any team sport.

With that kind of hyperbolic piffle in the air

Granted the top 7 teams of all time (ranked by offensive rating) were secured this season, the Nets were at the top.


I see. I guess we bump the 1927 Yankees then.
Two points in [our government] our people have already settled--the successful establishing and the successful administering of it. One still remains--its successful maintenance against a formidable internal attempt to overthrow it. -- A. Lincoln
User avatar
MrHoneycutt
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,704
And1: 1,370
Joined: Feb 02, 2017
Location: Tropic of Cancer
   

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#449 » by MrHoneycutt » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:17 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
MrHoneycutt wrote:Catching up on this KD bodyguard stuff, completely insane. If Giannis had a crony that ran onto the court in Brooklyn, the league would immediately shut it down.


I hope in their altercation that P.J. Tucker correctly identified the lady body part that best describes KD. Really? Your bodyguard needs to come on the court to protect you?

Image


I am now desperately awaiting someone with much technological skill and digital know-how to rustle up an edit of the incident in question, complete with slowing the action down as the heroic centurion ambles onto the court, and queuing "I Will Always Love You" as an accompaniment.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sigra
RealGM
Posts: 14,574
And1: 612
Joined: Sep 08, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
       

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#450 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Watching again. First half possession by possession:

1st quarter
-Middleton miss layup. 2 Nets helped in paint. Lopez was open at 3.
--------------Durant unforced turnover
-Middleton fadeway from elbow over Brown. 2-0
--------------Irving miss layup. We crowded paint and he had Harris and Blake open at 3.
-Giannis miss fast break layup against Blake and Durant.
--------------Harris miss layup and then Brown miss dunk after off rebound. Both unforced.
-Giannis fast break dunk. 4-0
--------------Brown miss open 3
-Giannis bring ball over center and miss 3 point shoot (18 seconds left on clock)
--------------Durant turnover. Great defense by Tucker
-Jrue/Giannis pick and roll, foul, Giannis hit 1st one 5-0
--------------Durant/Brown pick, Lopez drops, Durant miss (not sure did Tucker bother him from behind)
-Giannis one on one with Blake hit floater 7-0
--------------Irving miss wide open 3 after double screen and handover from Blake
-Giannis turnover after he tried to penetrate in crowd. Lopez and Jrue wide open at 3.
--------------Blake miss wide open 3
-Jrue going inside, pass to Lopez, pass to Tucker, pass to cuting Giannis for dunk 9-0
--------------Brown hit from paint after Lopez helped on Durant penetration 9-2
-Giannis miss contested 3 pointer over Blake (11 seconds left on clock)
--------------Harris miss 3 pointer after screen from Blake (Giannis switched)
-Middleton hit midranger after Giannis screen 11-2
--------------Durant hit contested midranger over Tucker 11-4
-Jrue/Giannis pick and roll, Jrue miss layup, Giannis off rebound, foul, Giannis missed both.
--------------Irving miss midranger. Great defense by Jrue
-Jrue miss open 3 from corner after good ball movement (Giannis penetrated)
--------------Durant miss after great defense by Tucker
-Giannis layup in fastbreak (going around Blake) 13-4
--------------Brown miss over Lopez
-Middleton 3 pointer after good ball movement (Giannis penetrated) 16-4
--------------Blake 3 pointer (Giannis just watched. didnt expect that) 16-7
-Middleton fouled shooting from elbow. Giannis helped with screen. Hit both 18-7
-------------Lopez block Clexton. Then Harris miss open 3 pointer.
-Giannis dunk after spin 20-7
-------------Irving hit midranger after screen (Lopez drops offcourse) 20-9
-Giannis fadeaway using backboard 22-9
-------------Durant miss midranger but great defense by Tucker who fighted through screen
-Tucker miss open corner 3 after great penetration by Jrue
-------------Irving miss fastbreak 3 over Giannis (20 seconds left on clock)
-Jrue turnover in paint
-------------Jrue stole ball from Durant in fastbreak
-Middleton 3 (Giannis was duble teamed) 25-9
-------------James missed wide open 3
-Middleton running 3 (19 seconds left on clock to be honest) 28-9
-------------Durant miss wide open 3 after screen
-Middleton miss open midranger after screen
-------------James miss midranger (Giannis recovered good after screen)
-Giannis strong going inside, layup and foul. Missed FT. 30-9
-------------Durant miss contested midranger. Great defense by Portis (yes, Portis)
-Giannis called for carying ball. Turnover
-------------Durant hit contested midranger over Tucker 30-11
-Jrue miss quick 3 pointer trying to get 2 for 1 possesions (33 seconds left, 21 sec for attack)
-------------James miss layup going 1 on 1 with Pat
-Jrue unforced turnover at the end of 1st quarter.

2nd quarter
-------------Irving hits midranger after screen (Giannis drops) 30-13 (Jrue on bench)
-Giannis turnover (Blake poked ball from him)
-------------Irving score midranger 1 on 1 with Middleton 30-15 (Jrue on bench.)
-Jrue enters game. Giannis miss 3 (wide open 7 seconds left on clock)
-------------Shemet hit runing 3 (19 seconds left) 30-18
-Forbes airball corner 3 after handover from Giannis
-------------Irving miss 3 over Forbes who played solid defense
-Lopez miss long 3 (18 seconds left on clock)
-------------Shamet miss open 3
-Jrue hits from post going 1 on 1 with Shamet 32-18
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Durant 32-20
-Middletom miss midranger after Giannis screen
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Irving (P&R) 32-22
-Tucker miss open 3 after Jrue penetration
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Shamet (P&R) 32-24
-Jrue miss floater in crowd (Lopez and Tucker open)
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from James (P&R) 32-26
-Middleton/Giannis P&R, Blake 3rd foul, Giannis hits 1 33-26
-------------James hits over Lopez (Middleton played bad defense) 33-28
-Lopez missed wide open 3 from corner
-------------James lost ball. Great defense by Lopez
-Giannis blocked at rim by Claxton.
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Durant 33-30
-Jrue missed layup in last second of attack (passive attack by whole team)
-------------Durant miss contested 3 over Pat
-Giannis miss walking 3 (18 seconds left on clock)
-------------Brown miss wide open corner 3
-Giannis turnover (fast Brown double team and slow Giannis reaction)
-------------Durant miss midranger over Middleton
-Jrue turnover, careless pass
-------------Durant fouled to prevent fastbreak, hits 1 33-31
-Middleton hits midrange fadeway over Harris 35-31
-------------Irving hits midrange after screen (Jrue was on hand but...) 35-33
-Forbes miss wide open 3, Portis off rebound, fouled, scored, missed FT 37-33
-------------Irving hits midrange after screen 37-35
-Portis dunk after great pass from Pat 39-35
-------------Jrue blocks Irving, Harris miss open 3, Clexton dunk after off rebound by Brown 39-37
-Jrue hits 3 from corner 42-37
-------------Durant turnover in crowd
-Middleton layup in crowd 44-37
-------------Durant fouled by Middleton, hits both 44-39
-Middleton miss contested 3 (11 seconds left on clock)
-------------Irving miss floater (good help by Portis)
-Giannis miss fadeaway against Clexton
-------------Harris hit open 3 after pick and pop. Both Giannis and Jrue stayed with Durant 44-42
-Middleton fouled by Shamet, hits 2nd 45-42
-------------Durant turnover. Great defense by Middleton
-Middleton miss open 3 from corner
End of 1st half

Dont have time to do this for 2nd half. Maybe tomorrow but doubt it.
2008-09 Cavs best in reg.season-lost EC finals-LeBron (age 24) MVP
2009-10 Cavs best in reg.season-lost 2nd round-LeBron MVP
2018-19 Bucks best in reg.season-lost EC finals-Giannis (age 24) MVP
2019-20 Bucks best in reg.season-lost 2nd round-Giannis MVP
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 52,551
And1: 24,456
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#451 » by emunney » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Sigra wrote:
Spoiler:
Watching again. First half possession by possession:

1st quarter
-Middleton miss layup. 2 Nets helped in paint. Lopez was open at 3.
--------------Durant unforced turnover
-Middleton fadeway from elbow over Brown. 2-0
--------------Irving miss layup. We crowded paint and he had Harris and Blake open at 3.
-Giannis miss fast break layup against Blake and Durant.
--------------Harris miss layup and then Brown miss dunk after off rebound. Both unforced.
-Giannis fast break dunk. 4-0
--------------Brown miss open 3
-Giannis bring ball over center and miss 3 point shoot (18 seconds left on clock)
--------------Durant turnover. Great defense by Tucker
-Jrue/Giannis pick and roll, foul, Giannis hit 1st one 5-0
--------------Durant/Brown pick, Lopez drops, Durant miss (not sure did Tucker bother him from behind)
-Giannis one on one with Blake hit floater 7-0
--------------Irving miss wide open 3 after double screen and handover from Blake
-Giannis turnover after he tried to penetrate in crowd. Lopez and Jrue wide open at 3.
--------------Blake miss wide open 3
-Jrue going inside, pass to Lopez, pass to Tucker, pass to cuting Giannis for dunk 9-0
--------------Brown hit from paint after Lopez helped on Durant penetration 9-2
-Giannis miss contested 3 pointer over Blake (11 seconds left on clock)
--------------Harris miss 3 pointer after screen from Blake (Giannis switched)
-Middleton hit midranger after Giannis screen 11-2
--------------Durant hit contested midranger over Tucker 11-4
-Jrue/Giannis pick and roll, Jrue miss layup, Giannis off rebound, foul, Giannis missed both.
--------------Irving miss midranger. Great defense by Jrue
-Jrue miss open 3 from corner after good ball movement (Giannis penetrated)
--------------Durant miss after great defense by Tucker
-Giannis layup in fastbreak (going around Blake) 13-4
--------------Brown miss over Lopez
-Middleton 3 pointer after good ball movement (Giannis penetrated) 16-4
--------------Blake 3 pointer (Giannis just watched. didnt expect that) 16-7
-Middleton fouled shooting from elbow. Giannis helped with screen. Hit both 18-7
-------------Lopez block Clexton. Then Harris miss open 3 pointer.
-Giannis dunk after spin 20-7
-------------Irving hit midranger after screen (Lopez drops offcourse) 20-9
-Giannis fadeaway using backboard 22-9
-------------Durant miss midranger but great defense by Tucker who fighted through screen
-Tucker miss open corner 3 after great penetration by Jrue
-------------Irving miss fastbreak 3 over Giannis (20 seconds left on clock)
-Jrue turnover in paint
-------------Jrue stole ball from Durant in fastbreak
-Middleton 3 (Giannis was duble teamed) 25-9
-------------James missed wide open 3
-Middleton running 3 (19 seconds left on clock to be honest) 28-9
-------------Durant miss wide open 3 after screen
-Middleton miss open midranger after screen
-------------James miss midranger (Giannis recovered good after screen)
-Giannis strong going inside, layup and foul. Missed FT. 30-9
-------------Durant miss contested midranger. Great defense by Portis (yes, Portis)
-Giannis called for carying ball. Turnover
-------------Durant hit contested midranger over Tucker 30-11
-Jrue miss quick 3 pointer trying to get 2 for 1 possesions (33 seconds left, 21 sec for attack)
-------------James miss layup going 1 on 1 with Pat
-Jrue unforced turnover at the end of 1st quarter.

2nd quarter
-------------Irving hits midranger after screen (Giannis drops) 30-13 (Jrue on bench)
-Giannis turnover (Blake poked ball from him)
-------------Irving score midranger 1 on 1 with Middleton 30-15 (Jrue on bench.)
-Jrue enters game. Giannis miss 3 (wide open 7 seconds left on clock)
-------------Shemet hit runing 3 (19 seconds left) 30-18
-Forbes airball corner 3 after handover from Giannis
-------------Irving miss 3 over Forbes who played solid defense
-Lopez miss long 3 (18 seconds left on clock)
-------------Shamet miss open 3
-Jrue hits from post going 1 on 1 with Shamet 32-18
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Durant 32-20
-Middletom miss midranger after Giannis screen
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Irving (P&R) 32-22
-Tucker miss open 3 after Jrue penetration
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Shamet (P&R) 32-24
-Jrue miss floater in crowd (Lopez and Tucker open)
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from James (P&R) 32-26
-Middleton/Giannis P&R, Blake 3rd foul, Giannis hits 1 33-26
-------------James hits over Lopez (Middleton played bad defense) 33-28
-Lopez missed wide open 3 from corner
-------------James lost ball. Great defense by Lopez
-Giannis blocked at rim by Claxton.
-------------Brown hits over Lopez after pass from Durant 33-30
-Jrue missed layup in last second of attack (passive attack by whole team)
-------------Durant miss contested 3 over Pat
-Giannis miss walking 3 (18 seconds left on clock)
-------------Brown miss wide open corner 3
-Giannis turnover (fast Brown double team and slow Giannis reaction)
-------------Durant miss midranger over Middleton
-Jrue turnover, careless pass
-------------Durant fouled to prevent fastbreak, hits 1 33-31
-Middleton hits midrange fadeway over Harris 35-31
-------------Irving hits midrange after screen (Jrue was on hand but...) 35-33
-Forbes miss wide open 3, Portis off rebound, fouled, scored, missed FT 37-33
-------------Irving hits midrange after screen 37-35
-Portis dunk after great pass from Pat 39-35
-------------Jrue blocks Irving, Harris miss open 3, Clexton dunk after off rebound by Brown 39-37
-Jrue hits 3 from corner 42-37
-------------Durant turnover in crowd
-Middleton layup in crowd 44-37
-------------Durant fouled by Middleton, hits both 44-39
-Middleton miss contested 3 (11 seconds left on clock)
-------------Irving miss floater (good help by Portis)
-Giannis miss fadeaway against Clexton
-------------Harris hit open 3 after pick and pop. Both Giannis and Jrue stayed with Durant 44-42
-Middleton fouled by Shamet, hits 2nd 45-42
-------------Durant turnover. Great defense by Middleton
-Middleton miss open 3 from corner
End of 1st half

Dont have time to do this for 2nd half. Maybe tomorrow but doubt it.


I feel like trapping Durant with length is a legitimate option. Particularly in high leverage situations. He is a giant Middleton in a lot of ways. Would work better with Donte to play free safety on those floating passes.
KidA24
Head Coach
Posts: 6,229
And1: 3,975
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#452 » by KidA24 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:56 pm

ABucksFan wrote:I just hate the mental makeup of this team man. When PJ got into with Durant last night, literally no one came to his aid. Jrue came to break it up, but the other guys kind of just watched. Like there is no fire in this team at all sometimes.


If you're the second person in an altercation you get tossed. They are literally told not to get involved.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Sigra
RealGM
Posts: 14,574
And1: 612
Joined: Sep 08, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
       

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#453 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 pm

For me the most incredible thing is that little Brown set almost all screens for them. He use hands, he moves and all but that is diferent storry. I want one hard hit from Giannis and he should think twice next screen.
2008-09 Cavs best in reg.season-lost EC finals-LeBron (age 24) MVP
2009-10 Cavs best in reg.season-lost 2nd round-LeBron MVP
2018-19 Bucks best in reg.season-lost EC finals-Giannis (age 24) MVP
2019-20 Bucks best in reg.season-lost 2nd round-Giannis MVP
ABucksFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 890
And1: 564
Joined: Apr 26, 2019
         

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#454 » by ABucksFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:02 pm

KidA24 wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:I just hate the mental makeup of this team man. When PJ got into with Durant last night, literally no one came to his aid. Jrue came to break it up, but the other guys kind of just watched. Like there is no fire in this team at all sometimes.


If you're the second person in an altercation you get tossed. They are literally told not to get involved.


You can go grab your teammate.....
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 52,551
And1: 24,456
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#455 » by emunney » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
KidA24
Head Coach
Posts: 6,229
And1: 3,975
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#456 » by KidA24 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:06 pm

ABucksFan wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:I just hate the mental makeup of this team man. When PJ got into with Durant last night, literally no one came to his aid. Jrue came to break it up, but the other guys kind of just watched. Like there is no fire in this team at all sometimes.


If you're the second person in an altercation you get tossed. They are literally told not to get involved.


You can go grab your teammate.....


So you want them to break up the scuffle between KD and PJ Tucker, so that neither one of them gets tossed?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
User avatar
drew881
RealGM
Posts: 10,216
And1: 3,182
Joined: Aug 14, 2007

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#457 » by drew881 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:12 pm

emunney wrote:
Read on Twitter


Niche twitter handle is an understatement.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 52,551
And1: 24,456
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#458 » by emunney » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:20 pm

drew881 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Read on Twitter


Niche twitter handle is an understatement.


25 days.
User avatar
DanoMac
General Manager
Posts: 9,227
And1: 2,915
Joined: Feb 20, 2005
     

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#459 » by DanoMac » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:22 pm

RRyder823 wrote:Good **** lord does this board need game 4 to be a 18+ 3pt explosion cause damn if all of you aren't just rainbows and sunshine.

I get not feeling great despite a win like that but Jesus **** Christ people.

No they haven't played well this series.

No they didn't play well yesterday despite the win

Yes they are one home game away from pulling even in the series despite the first two statements

When I have to read posts saying how "Giannis isn't a superstar player and just not on the level of Kyrie" and no one jumps on that there's an issue

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app


The Giannis takes the last 24 hours have been maybe the worst I've ever seen this board :lol:

I had to literally close out of my browser last night when I saw someone say "this is gonna be the same old **** for the next 5 years. Trade Giannis and just tank". Like, there's so many demons in the head of anyone who makes a statement even close to that
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 70,907
And1: 4,606
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#460 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 pm

To me the keys to winning this series:

1. Giannis needs to not attempt another 3. His primary role on offense should be on ball screener and forcing the Nets to make decisions in the PnR. The isolation stuff is not going to work as Brooklyn continues to pinch their wall tighter and tighter together.

2. Jrue has to be much more assertive and just plain better. He's at .395/.308/.333 splits and 13 ppg in 38 mpg. We didn't trade the draft capital we did for that production in a big series. Kyrie has fought hard on D, but they need to run Jrue in the post a ton and make Brooklyn double. Get Holiday some easy points early and hopefully build some confidence.

3. Run length at/double/trap Durant as much as possible. I just don't think the Nets role players have enough in them without Harden on the court. It it looks like Harris or Griffin are on one from 3 you may need to adjust, but gotta get the ball out of KD's hands. Given how bad the bench has been, I'm fine rolling with 7 minutes or so of TA's spaziness on him as well (can't believe I just said that).

4. Ball movement has to be a ton better. That's on the entire team.

5. Few more minutes for Portis and Giannis at small ball 5 when Nets try and exploit Lopez in PnR? I'm mixed on that one because overall Brook has been awesome on D.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks