ImageImage

ATL - Ham Slamwich to the Lakers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Re: ATL - Suns Implode 

Post#681 » by rilamann » Sat May 21, 2022 3:48 am

One thing that takes a little sting out of us not being in the ECF, TNT has the WCF this season lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#682 » by greekbuck34 » Sat May 21, 2022 3:55 am

blazza18 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:It feels like 80% of the Warriors points were with Doncic as the closest defender. They are attacking him relentlessly.

This is exactly why I just can't view guys like Luka and Jokic in the same tier as Giannis. Even if his offensive brilliance isn't as versatile, you're never going to exploit Giannis on defense. You can only hope that he tires himself out.

Not at those two players levels obviously but you put Giannis in space and through screens and he's in trouble. Still remember Nurse and Siakim killing him in the one game he played against them.

Taking pullup jumpers with Giannis hunting you or being able to recover on you from nowhere anyway is a bit different than scoring easy layups at the rim or just blow by Luka/Jokic for easy lay ups at the rim.

Giannis can get stuck on a screen and still contest the shot with his arm, the player could just drive in the paint and still get blocked by Giannis from behind. And that's his only weakness. 1v1 he can defend and or block basically anyone in the league if he wants to waste energy and all the players and coaches know what's the real deal.

Nobody will ever target Giannis, unless he wants to try to get him in foul trouble(it always works in our favour because they miss 9 shots in a row just to get 1 foul) or because he wants to take the challenge and try to score on a DPOY.

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#683 » by CountMe3Outs » Sat May 21, 2022 4:23 am

Ahhh, the good o' days...

Never saw the LA fans erupt like that at the Inglewood Forum.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#684 » by Perseus1966 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:37 am

Wnba level wfc and junior high officiating,good job nba!
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#685 » by Coach Carter » Sat May 21, 2022 4:41 am

stellation wrote:
Coach Carter wrote:Curry can't do this against the boston d.

I'd wager he can, he's pretty good.

I don't mean shooting the 3. I mean getting into the paint.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#686 » by blazza18 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:54 am

greekbuck34 wrote:Taking pullup jumpers with Giannis hunting you or being able to recover on you from nowhere anyway is a bit different than scoring easy layups at the rim or just blow by Luka/Jokic for easy lay ups at the rim.

Giannis can get stuck on a screen and still contest the shot with his arm, the player could just drive in the paint and still get blocked by Giannis from behind. And that's his only weakness. 1v1 he can defend and or block basically anyone in the league if he wants to waste energy and all the players and coaches know what's the real deal.

Nobody will ever target Giannis, unless he wants to try to get him in foul trouble(it always works in our favour because they miss 9 shots in a row just to get 1 foul) or because he wants to take the challenge and try to score on a DPOY.

Think you're underplaying how bad he gets on screens and how distracted he gets off ball. He saves a ton of baskets being who he is but there are also a ton of breakdowns stemming from him making mistakes too.

Teams should go at him more because he is foul prone and makes dumb decisions all the time. Yea his length will bother players like always but the reward of getting him out of the game should outweigh some risk.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,160

Post#687 » by skones » Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 am

Coach Carter wrote:
skones wrote:Man, convincing Otto Porter to sign with Milwaukee instead of GS is the difference between us getting back to the finals and sitting at home.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeh we could use him.

More size, more length, more off the bounce than you'd think. Porter is Middleton on his first big deal pre-cap spike, but looking towards cap spike. Having him shadow Tatum or Brown for that matter would have been an absolutely enormous boon.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#688 » by Coach Carter » Sat May 21, 2022 6:32 am

Shame we lost, Giannis would absolutely terrorise mavs/warriors.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#689 » by stellation » Sat May 21, 2022 6:42 am

CountMe3Outs wrote:Ahhh, the good o' days...

Never saw the LA fans erupt like that at the Inglewood Forum.

My favourite thing about this is it's an all time example of a hard foul, but it's Worthy that shoves Kurt the hardest after the altercation, Bird that helps him up and he and McHale are talking to each other with nobody in between within seconds of it all happening.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,875

Post#690 » by Plossum » Sat May 21, 2022 7:29 am

Damn I thought the Mavs actually played pretty well and still couldn’t get the win. Great game. Looney was so good.
#LockUpChuck
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#691 » by greekbuck34 » Sat May 21, 2022 11:25 am

blazza18 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:Taking pullup jumpers with Giannis hunting you or being able to recover on you from nowhere anyway is a bit different than scoring easy layups at the rim or just blow by Luka/Jokic for easy lay ups at the rim.

Think you're underplaying how bad he gets on screens and how distracted he gets off ball. He saves a ton of baskets being who he is but there are also a ton of breakdowns stemming from him making mistakes too.

Teams should go at him more because he is foul prone and makes dumb decisions all the time. Yea his length will bother players like always but the reward of getting him out of the game should outweigh some risk.

I doesn't work like that. Giannis foul trouble come mainly from charges/flops. He is extremely good in contesting shots without fouling, he doesn't reach as much when he is close to foul trouble, you can't get him in the air because he can contest jumpshots without jumping most of the time. Attacking Giannis 1v1 or as the rim protector in hopes that he will get a foul almost never works. The Bulls and the Celtics tried it many times and failed. The best way to get him in foul trouble is to force him 1v1 at the post and flop at first contact.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#692 » by mattg » Sat May 21, 2022 9:01 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

I doesn't work like that. Giannis foul trouble come mainly from charges/flops. He is extremely good in contesting shots without fouling, he doesn't reach as much when he is close to foul trouble, you can't get him in the air because he can contest jumpshots without jumping most of the time. Attacking Giannis 1v1 or as the rim protector in hopes that he will get a foul almost never works. The Bulls and the Celtics tried it many times and failed. The best way to get him in foul trouble is to force him 1v1 at the post and flop at first contact.

Of course most of Giannis' foul issue come from offensive issue. That's the entire point you're missing though. Because Giannis plays with literally no regard to his foul situation, he routinely gets himself into foul issues strictly because of his bad decision making on offense. If teams attacked him more defensively, even though they would be unsuccessful the vast majority of the time, he is bound to pick up a foul here and there...and that's enough to get him out of the game because he will pick up braindead fouls on the other end.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Post#693 » by rilamann » Sun May 22, 2022 12:37 am

One good thing if the Celtics end up winning it all is that it will probably motivate the hell out of the Bucks, especially Giannis.

Imagine Giannis watching the Celtics win it all knowing that he had them on the ropes. If the Celtics win it all, I am deff predicting Giannis wins MVP next season.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,560

Post#694 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 22, 2022 12:50 am

Lowry looks like he's wearing a diaper.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,725

Post#695 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:58 am

rilamann wrote:One good thing if the Celtics end up winning it all is that it will probably motivate the hell out of the Bucks, especially Giannis.

Imagine Giannis watching the Celtics win it all knowing that he had them on the ropes. If the Celtics win it all, I am deff predicting Giannis wins MVP next season.

Not sure if he cares that much about reg season MVPs. Though id love nothing more than a Freak Revenge Tour.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#696 » by blazza18 » Sun May 22, 2022 1:09 am

JVG is right with those delay of game calls. They're ridiculous and waste more time than a player taping the ball back.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#697 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 am

Basketball gods really out here swinging today because of paulpressey's Spo comments.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#698 » by benultimate » Sun May 22, 2022 1:13 am

Buck Foston
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#699 » by Antinomy » Sun May 22, 2022 1:14 am

It annoys me so much knowing we’ll have to go through another 82 games just have a chance at a title next year — barring someone slipping on a wet spot & being out for the whole playoffs.

It’s even worse knowing we’d have beaten both of these teams being healthy.

Hopefully GS wins. I’ll be damned if Boston wins.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#700 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun May 22, 2022 1:17 am

The stuff MIA is running to get Bam looks is great.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks