ImageImage

PG: Nets Edge Out Bucks in Game 2

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,233

Re: PG: Nets Edge Out Bucks in Game 2 

Post#201 » by FrieAaron » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:03 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i was against paul and harden and now i horribly regret we didnt swing for one of them. they are both alphas. we need an alpha and beggars cant be choosy in this situation, and i really dont think it matters who it is. honestly somebody whose a bit of a dick if you do dumb **** might be the type of guy giannis needs

And I think this is still the argument for a player like Butler over Middleton. We want as much shooting as possible around Giannis, of course, but personality wise I think it's a much better fit.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,115

Post#202 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:17 pm

i will never put this on the coach. decent players, at this level, in their **** late 20s and 30s dont even need a coach. nba coaches impact is a slight impact and it diminishes over time with any decent squad. there are rare exceptions where perhaps it matters more but only at the very highest levels in short bursts. they may influence culture somewhat too but even that starts with the players.

whats happening with us year after year has very little if anything to do with coaching. i get that if its a coach it gives us hope its fixable but whats happening with us AGAIN is not fixable. thats my opinion and i feel strongly about it
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#203 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:26 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i will never put this on the coach. decent players, at this level, in their **** late 20s and 30s dont even need a coach.
While I don't think it's all Buds fault by any means it's absolutely time for a change if this series keeps going like this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

sure why not? just like bud was trying everything in the book with these chickens last night we should swap the coach around. maybe bring in a vet kind of guy like kidd with a better sense of a playbook. what these guys need is a heart and a brain. at least a coach can help with the heart for a minute maybe.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#204 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:38 pm

at least we have the most harmonious lockerrrom in the league. a true brotherhood. they can pick each other up and pat each others bums and let each other know where movie nights gonna be in a week
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#205 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:38 pm

at least we have the most harmonious lockerrrom in the league. a true brotherhood. they can pick each other up and pat each others bums and let each other know where movie nights gonna be in a week
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#206 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:10 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:If youre going to absolve Bud and blame Giannis for his bad decisions, i cant see why youd want Giannis as a Buck past this year.

Edit: well actually i can see why, but id be severely limiting any expectations in that case.

for now, but perhaps not much longer..... he is worth far more for his trade value than he is for his championship getting value. his annual cost is monstrous and a total ball and chain.

every other big physical rebounding runner one speed dunking free throw bricker in ths league is mostly unplayable. obviously giannis has more to his game than these other big strong empty number getters but unfortunately he usually has not the first idea of how to utilize it for the art of the win.

im first in line to say trade him. dont wait like the pistons did with drummond trying to figure out how to win with a stat line and nothing more.

we wont ever trade him tho... not unless he demands out. that would be the best case scenario and the sooner the better. we have lots of talent on this team all in their prime. 50 million in flexibility with a cache of fresh picks and assets would renew my hope
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#207 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:53 pm

raferfenix wrote:Middleton's trade value is taking a hit with his performance this series.

Yes he'd be better if Giannis were better or if coaching was better.

But so far at least Khris is looking closer to a Bogdan level player vs perennial all-star you can rely on for deep playoff runs.

middleton would be a straight up killer with a guy like lebron or donkic or joker or paul. guys that dominate with his pace and ooze confidence would be electric for him to play off of that.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#208 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Woke up this morning annoyed. This will sound harsh because some of it was in the early days but Midds/Giannis have now been involved in playoff games/series where we once lost by 60 to the Bulls at home, were one of the rare teams who couldn't close out a perennial choker Toronto Raptors despite leading the series and taking home court advantage, got blown out to a young Celtics team in a game 7, lost 4 straight to Toronto while leading by double digits in multiple games, blew games late in multiple games on route to getting gentlemen swept by Miami and now falling apart again against Brooklyn. We can rightfully blame coaches and in part inexperience but maybe they are who they are at this point.

There is a scenario out there that Bud has overachieved with this roster the past three years. Not sure I subscribe to it, but plausible.

if in place of giannis we had lebron, curry, kawhi, joker, donkic.... even if we had a paul, trae, lillard..... then this roster is better and we'd probably already have a title. this roster is good enough if we had that guy. i believe it in my heart.

but turly.....we have overacheived each and every year in the regular season just like the atlanta teams did. unfortunately just like buds atlanta teams we lack a true championship level #1. you cannot cross up russell westbrook and andre drummond into the ultimate stat getter and win championships with that as your #1. this is now my reality and i will not be satified with this team until giannis is dealt for a shot at a player who can shoot, pass, play with gears, play with confidence....basically make his teammates better with something more than "gravity" because of his ability to put his head down....drive....and try to dunk. i should add try to dunk and hopefully not get fouled and to go to the line to give us that buzzkill instead.

we have a brutal painful road ahead. it is going to suck to be a bucks fan for awhile now.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#209 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:51 pm

BucksRule18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
There is a scenario out there that Bud has overachieved with this roster the past three years. Not sure I subscribe to it, but plausible.

if in place of giannis we had lebron, curry, kawhi, joker, donkic.... even if we had a paul, trae, lillard..... then this roster is better and we'd probably already have a title. this roster is good enough if we had that guy. i believe it in my heart.

but turly.....we have overacheived each and every year in the regular season just like the atlanta teams did. unfortunately just like buds atlanta teams we lack a true championship level #1. you cannot cross up russell westbrook and andre drummond into the ultimate stat getter and win championships with that as your #1. this is now my reality and i will not be satified with this team until giannis is dealt for a shot at a player who can shoot, pass, play with gears, play with confidence....basically make his teammates better with something more than "gravity" because of his ability to put his head down....drive....and try to dunk.....hopefully not getting fouled and go to the line instead.

we have a brutal painful road ahead. it is going to suck to be a bucks fan for awhile now.

At this point I'd take Booker and Mitchell over what we have as well.

tatum, butler, beal, harden, kyrie, lavine.....i mean practically it gets really interesting thinking about what we could have here if we had a guy you have to guard if he doesnt have the ball and play up against if he does.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#210 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:02 pm

brainstorming all the little things we could have done over the last 5 years to marginally improve the cast around giannis wouldnt have made one **** difference the other night down 49 against the nets.

the fact of the matter is you could swap giannis for durant on both these rosters and we would be giving them an even bigger ass whupping then were getting.

we need to stay on point. deandre jordan is a DNP. andre drummond is a DNP. dwight howard is a backup bit player. you CAN NOT WIN with versions of this in the playoffs and thats what were trying to do here in milwaukee each and every time we set up our half court offense.

further more there isnt a scheme to stop scorers like that who when you double just make the right play for their teammates instead. that means defensively they gain an advantage as well. butler and adebayo we could stop.... they cant shoot. durant and kyrie? yeah our defense they use as puppets.

is giannis devastating in transition and fun to watch when the defense isnt set or prepared? yes you bet but in the playoffs who the **** cares.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#211 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:35 pm

BigO wrote:All the anti-Giannis forces out in full gear. And 90% of will claim you've always been saying this. Ya.

im on it and i wont lay off it. he makes the supermax and the entire world has him figured out besides the homers. theres something to it "how the other fans feel".

now as it relates to what some of us have felt previously.....i will admit i was in full denial after the mvp years. BUT... theres some sigs floating around this board from posts i made before that. those sigs are looking pretty accurate now.

there is a way you win in this league, in college, in high school.......today shooting matters more than ever....choking always matters.... elevating your teammates play and confidence matters.....smart unselfish basketball accepting your limitations and playing a role matters.

those are his issues and they dont seem to be improving. the issues are massive and so is his contract.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#212 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:03 pm

BucksRule18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
BigO wrote:All the anti-Giannis forces out in full gear. And 90% of will claim you've always been saying this. Ya.

im on it and i wont lay off it. he makes the supermax and the entire world has him figured out besides the homers. theres something to it "how the other fans feel".

now as it relates to what some of us have felt previously.....i will admit i was in full denial after the mvp years. BUT... theres some sigs floating around this board from posts i made before that. those sigs are looking pretty accurate now.

there is a way you win in this league, in college, in high school.......today shooting matters more than ever, choking always matters, and elevating your teammates with smart unselfish play accepting your limitations matters more than anything.

those are his issues and they dont seem to be improving. the issues are massive and so is his contract.

I'll go back to the AD comparison. When healthy AD is probably a top 5 player in this league. However, with him and Jrue in NO, they couldn't accomplish anything. Having someone like Lebron take on the leadership role, really helped AD play to his strengths. I could be wrong, but unlike AD, I don't think Giannis will accept that secondary role. He wants to be team leader and primary ball handler when going up against other super stars. He basically sees himself as Kobe, but unfortunately he isn't.

if AD had signed the supermax deal in NO then none of the AD lebron stuff matters.

only way we win is if we trade for a batman that giannis views as a batman. that isnt happening EVER for a varaity of reasons but mostly because i dont believe giannis will EVER play 2nd fiddle to anybody and that should piss us off about him especially when hes taking walk up 3's and airballing fts at the end of games. i like giannis as a person but i have very little tolerance for choking selfish low iq players on a basketball court especially when were down 50 in a playoff game we were favored to win against a team missing a core piece.

im tired of our team being a playoff joke with a regular season scheme thats no more than a gimmick. trade him for a chest of assets and 50 million of flexibility and I'll watch again. im ready for how you "win with giannis" to be somebody elses conversation.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#213 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:23 pm

emunney wrote:We don't need a player better than Giannis, we need somebody who can calmly handle the ball and stabilize us. Filling that role by committee and taking it play by play based on matchups is not stable enough.

do you have examples of guys i can mull on for this role?

everybody says paul and he would have worked except for what he makes and what giannis makes tho. we would have had to gut the roster to fit him.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#214 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:24 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
emunney wrote:We don't need a player better than Giannis, we need somebody who can calmly handle the ball and stabilize us. Filling that role by committee and taking it play by play based on matchups is not stable enough.

do you have examples of guys i can mull on for this role?

Malcolm Brogdon or Prime (he's washed now) George Hill.

you practically think giannis would change the way he plays and hand the keys over to guys like this?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#215 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:49 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Anyone even suggesting a Giannis trade is out of their mind. He's literally the only reason another superstar would entertain coming to Milwaukee.

what good does that do if he prefers the likes of olidipo and bogs over paul and harden? we literally witnessed this with all 4 players inside of a year
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#216 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:41 pm

machu46 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Anyone even suggesting a Giannis trade is out of their mind. He's literally the only reason another superstar would entertain coming to Milwaukee.

what good does that do if he prefers the likes of olidipo and bogs over paul and harden? we literally witnessed this with all 4 players inside of a year

I don't think it's really a shock that a lot of people dislike Paul and Harden. It's on the record that Giannis would love to play with Damian Lillard and he's pretty good at basketball IMO.

Yes, I know we will never get Lillard. But it's silly to think Giannis just doesn't want to play with other good players.

i was against paul and harden and now i horribly regret we didnt swing for one of them. they are both alphas. we need an alpha and beggars cant be choosy in this situation, and i really dont think it matters who it is. honestly somebody whose a bit of a dick if you do dumb **** might be the type of guy giannis needs
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#217 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:09 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i was against paul and harden and now i horribly regret we didnt swing for one of them. they are both alphas. we need an alpha and beggars cant be choosy in this situation, and i really dont think it matters who it is. honestly somebody whose a bit of a dick if you do dumb **** might be the type of guy giannis needs

And I think this is still the argument for a player like Butler over Middleton. We want as much shooting as possible around Giannis, of course, but personality wise I think it's a much better fit.

agreed. and this isnt just on giannis. i think some tension in the lockerroom might actually benefit this group. clearly movie nights arent getting them over the hump
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,640

Post#218 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:00 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
yannisk wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:I feel empty, disappointed and sad....

what is your prediction for the Buck's future?

Honestly don't know, i dont wanna give up yet but man i dont see how with current coach we can make adjustments in time or players stepping up.

There isnt much we can do in the off season if we lose....

Pain

Well if we keep this pace up Bud will be gone
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#219 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:15 am

JayMKE wrote:Some of you guys are acting like 0-2 on the road that the series is over, we got at least 1 more game before we can say that for sure. Playing on the home court matters I think, NBA championship caliber teams overcome these odds. If belting a team at home to a 2-0 series lead meant it was over then I think we'd already have our ring.

Not to mention playing against a team with 2 HOF playing, 3 when Harden is back
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#220 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:25 am

Prez wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Some of you guys are acting like 0-2 on the road that the series is over, we got at least 1 more game before we can say that for sure. Playing on the home court matters I think, NBA championship caliber teams overcome these odds. If belting a team at home to a 2-0 series lead meant it was over then I think we'd already have our ring.

Teams that go up 2-0 have gone on to win the series 93% of the time. Let's be real, this **** is over. This team doesn't have the talent, IQ, or mental toughness to come back and win this series. Obviously I'd love to look stupid on this in a couple weeks but I don't think I will.

Previous statistics literally mean nothing in current NBA. Raptors were down 0-2 and won it all. Clippers were down 0-2 and advanced. It happens. I get the fascination with the percentage stats but everyone cringes when you mention the teams that melted down after being up when it seemed insurmountable (Bucks up 2-0 ECF, Packers vs Seahawks, etc) sports happens, that's why you play. Durant could tear his Achilles and Bucks could win 4 straight. They COULD even go 4-1 against this Nets team as constructed but they need to be mentally tough. Unlikely but you cant flat out say they are done.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks