RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,432

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Scouting 

Post#101 » by RiotPunch » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:01 am

The Wet Whistle wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's been impressive as hell. I don't know if he would've been available at our first round pick anyway, but now I'm certain we're completely out of the running dropping back just 5-8 spots

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app

You're probably right, but he'll be turning 23 in September and is not a primary initiator. I think there's a chance he falls within the HOU pick range.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#102 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:49 am

RiotPunch wrote:
The Wet Whistle wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's been impressive as hell. I don't know if he would've been available at our first round pick anyway, but now I'm certain we're completely out of the running dropping back just 5-8 spots

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app

You're probably right, but he'll be turning 23 in September and is not a primary initiator. I think there's a chance he falls within the HOU pick range.

I'd be fine with either Mitchell or Butler of Baylor - figure one or the other will slide to the Bucks pick - not sure which.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,111

Post#103 » by emunney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Very nice game from Duarte today.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,718

Post#104 » by LuessiT » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:28 am

Why doesn't Wagner shoot more 3's? He's turning down open 3's despite solid percentages.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,034

Post#105 » by mattg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:36 am

LuessiT wrote:Why doesn't Wagner shoot more 3's? He's turning down open 3's despite solid percentages.

Michigan is lost offensively. No one wants to create or make anything happen off the dribble. All they seem to have is throwing it to the block and either trying to score in the post or kicking out. That's not enough.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,322

Post#106 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:19 pm

I doubt he drops that far after his tourney performance, but tankathon.com mock has us getting Cam Thomas at #32 with the Rockets pick. That'd be pretty awesome.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:03 am

Ron Swanson wrote:I doubt he drops that far after his tourney performance, but tankathon.com mock has us getting Cam Thomas at #32 with the Rockets pick. That'd be pretty awesome.

There's a guy who's not afraid to shoot, lol.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,748

Post#108 » by machu46 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:44 pm

Can't imagine he leaves early, but I do wonder if Boeheim will actually be able to carve out a role in the NBA with his shooting ability. I doubt he's the next Duncan Robinson but I don't think it's impossible for him to be a playable shooter in the NBA.

Read on Twitter

I still think our PG is the prospect to watch from Syracuse though. Not ready to say he's going to be a good one yet but I absolutely love his passing, defense, and poise for a freshman.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:37 pm

machu46 wrote:Can't imagine he leaves early, but I do wonder if Boeheim will actually be able to carve out a role in the NBA with his shooting ability. I doubt he's the next Duncan Robinson but I don't think it's impossible for him to be a playable shooter in the NBA.

Read on Twitter

I still think our PG is the prospect to watch from Syracuse though. Not ready to say he's going to be a good one yet but I absolutely love his passing, defense, and poise for a freshman.

He's one helluva college player. Don't know if he's got the strength and athleticism for the NBA.
emunney
RealGM

Post#110 » by emunney » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:
machu46 wrote:Can't imagine he leaves early, but I do wonder if Boeheim will actually be able to carve out a role in the NBA with his shooting ability. I doubt he's the next Duncan Robinson but I don't think it's impossible for him to be a playable shooter in the NBA.

Read on Twitter

He's one helluva college player. Don't know if he's got the strength and athleticism for the NBA.

On the other hand, I'd take Richmond if he comes out. Lots to like about him as a pro prospect. (I think this is who machu was talking about in the below the video part.)
machu46
RealGM

Post#111 » by machu46 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 am

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Read on Twitter

On the other hand, I'd take Richmond if he comes out. Lots to like about him as a pro prospect. (I think this is who machu was talking about in the below the video part.)

Correct, really excited to see how he develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:42 pm

machu46 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:He's one helluva college player. Don't know if he's got the strength and athleticism for the NBA.

The Richmond from Syracuse? Interesting player, but he needs to learn to shoot. Hopefully he stays in school.
machu46
RealGM

Post#113 » by machu46 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:
machu46 wrote:
emunney wrote:

The Richmond from Syracuse? Interesting player, but he needs to learn to shoot. Hopefully he stays in school.

Agreed and I don't think there's any chance he comes to the NBA this year. I'm hoping he takes on a larger role next season and then we'll see. He looks much better shooting the ball now than he did in high school; hoping he'll continue to develop there.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,412

Post#114 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Any chatter about Miles McBride? Seems like a good defensive PG prospect that might be able to switch on bigger guys, hit threes and be pesky on defense. Seems like a nice fit.
machu46
RealGM

Post#115 » by machu46 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 pm

M-C-G wrote:Any chatter about Miles McBride? Seems like a good defensive PG prospect that might be able to switch on bigger guys, hit threes and be pesky on defense. Seems like a nice fit.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31121397/how-top-nba-draft-prospects-fared-ncaa-men-basketball-tournament

Miles McBride | PG | West Virginia
Top 100 ranking: 35

West Virginia was upset in the second round by No. 11 Syracuse, but McBride had a good weekend overall, scoring 41 points on 27 field goal attempts while dishing out 13 assists compared with 4 turnovers.

Somewhat sped up and out of control early in the season, McBride showed improved decision-making in Big 12 play and made the right, unselfish reads against Syracuse's 2-3 zone. He shot the ball very well in the NCAA tournament (6-for-9 from 3) like he has all season long (41% 3-point FG, 81% FT). He played his typical outstanding one-on-one defense, disrupting passing lanes, heating up ball handlers in the backcourt and generating plenty of turnovers with six steals.

McBride still leaves something to be desired as a shot-creator inside the arc. He isn't the most advanced ball handler and relies heavily on his pull-up jumper, but he will likely be better with more talent around him in a smaller role. There's a market for aggressive combo guards in his mold who can hound the opposing team's best player, make an outside shot and disrupt the game with the energy he brings off the bench.

Only a sophomore, McBride has a big decision in front of him. He has room to improve his offensive polish, but he has made a strong case to hear his name called on draft night if he decides to enter and keep his name in. He could possibly get into the late first round, depending on how his pre-draft process goes.

-- Givony
emunney
RealGM

Post#116 » by emunney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Deuce is one of my favorites for us, for sure. Agree with Givony that he's not the most polished skill wise, but he's got touch shooting the ball from a standstill and that's the building block I look for with young guys. Plays an unselfish game and really gets after the ballhandler defensively, strong and determined with quick hands. His pull up looked very good in the tourney and I think he's a high pick and roll guy in the future if he continues to develop.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#117 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:56 pm

emunney wrote:Deuce is one of my favorites for us, for sure. Agree with Givony that he's not the most polished skill wise, but he's got touch shooting the ball from a standstill and that's the building block I look for with young guys. Plays an unselfish game and really gets after the ballhandler defensively, strong and determined with quick hands. His pull up looked very good in the tourney and I think he's a high pick and roll guy in the future if he continues to develop.

Looks like his wingspan should be above average as well. I want to say there is some Donovan Mitchell esque there.

Seems like he would be a great pick if there in the second.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#118 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm

So I learned something new this year, which is you can apparently sign your second rounders using part of the MLE, which would allow you more than two years. Is this something any team has implemented as a strategy on a consistent basis? As in use a part of your MLE every to sign guys from the second, or from the G league like Diakite to three year deals? Seems like a good idea if you find someone of value and pretty low risk if you are wrong about them.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,322

Post#119 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm

I get some Gorgui Dieng vibes from Jay Huff. Could be worth an early-2nd.
emunney
RealGM

Post#120 » by emunney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm

McBride made some mistakes offensively in this one and didn't shoot well, but gave Cade all kinds of problems. Very good illustration of what he brings defensively against the prohibitive #1 overall favorite.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks