ImageImage

PG Pacers - Ex Bucks > Current Bucks

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Re: PG Pacers - Ex Bucks > Current Bucks 

Post#101 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:11 pm

Why wasn't Joe handing the ball in the 2nd half?
ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,619

Post#102 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:23 pm

Antinomy wrote:The post-Brook era will be very scary.

We lucked out so much to get him in the first place. Literally the perfect fit. Wish we could somehow get Turner.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,983

Post#103 » by Dick Tate » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:57 pm

msiris wrote:I wonder who watched the game and and are telling people to relax? It's an internet forum and people are venting. At least they are not beating up their wife and kids hopefully. :)

Counselling and/or mocking overreaction is also part of the interactive process on a forum.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#104 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:06 pm

buckboy wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
rilamann wrote:Bucks were due for a bad game but now you have to probably sweep that back to back with the Jazz and Nuggets if you want the #1 seed.

We had a margin for error where if you lost that Nuggets game you'd be fine. Now you probably have to win that game.

Is Boston winning out? What am I missing with this calculation

You're missing the fact that he's pissing his pants. Again.

If Boston beats us on the 30th and gets the tie breaker, all they have to do is finish 1 game better than us in the other 11 games and they'll be the #1 seed. Boston's remaining schedule isn't all that tough.

And that's assuming Philly doesn't sneak in and grab the #1 seed. The Sixers are 34-10 since early December and Embiid is the front runner for MVP.

The Bucks are still in the driver seat for the #1 seed if they take care of business and win their home games and win the games against beatable teams, but will they? They just gave up a 49 point quarter and got blown out at home by the Haliburton-less Pacers.

And last time the Celtics came to Milwaukee, the Bucks needed overtime to beat their JV squad.

I am just looking at things from a logical standpoint without Bucks colored glasses. If you want to take that as pissing my pants go right ahead.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#105 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:14 pm

Tj McConnell may be a tougher matchup for us than anyone on Boston and Philly. We should tried to trade for him just so we don’t have to play against him anymore. It hurt us last night that Halliburton was out.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,983

Post#106 » by Dick Tate » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:24 pm

21-3
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#107 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:25 pm

McConnell kills the Bucks because the Bucks defend him as if they don't respect him.

They defend him like they think he's not capable of doing what he does. And then when he does it, the Bucks don't make any adjustments. Bucks do that with certain players. You see that with shooters too, like how many wide open 3's does a guy have to knock down before you respect his jump shot.

Bucks did that with Grant Williams in game 7 last season. It's like no matter how many 3's he hit, the Bucks continued to defend him like they thought he couldn't hit a shot.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,056

Post#108 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:44 pm

I think any player with a good mid range game is going to give the bucks trouble. Our D seems primarily built around defending the rim and three point line. Players with a good floater game or mid range can give us issues given we’re pretty willing to concede those shots.
#LockUpChuck
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,763

Post#109 » by msiris » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:56 pm

Dick Tate wrote:
msiris wrote:I wonder who watched the game and and are telling people to relax? It's an internet forum and people are venting. At least they are not beating up their wife and kids hopefully. :)

Counselling and/or mocking overreaction is also part of the interactive process on a forum.
Now that is just mean. Online bullying is just not acceptable. :)
Ride the tank
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#110 » by Coach Carter » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:12 am

buckboy wrote:
Coach Carter wrote:Is Brook our best player?

Are you drunk?

Not anymore
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,044

Post#111 » by sidney lanier » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:33 pm

msiris wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:

Now that is just mean. Online bullying is just not acceptable. :)

But the thing is it's a lot harder to find things to vent about than it used to be when we were on the knife's edge for the eighth seed year after year after year.

We're the number one seed now -- O snap!
We have the best player -- O crap!
Play in June -- my, O lawdy!
And that ring is so gaudy!
Can't we just miss the playoffs and nap?
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Post#112 » by BigO » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:24 pm

msiris wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:If this didn't prove that Brook is DPOY nothing will. Giannis may be league MVP, but Brook is the Buck's MVP.

What the **** is going on in this thread?
Giannis, Jrue and Brook in that order. Brook and Jrue are the defensive mvps. Brook scares me because of contract year syndrome.

Brook is a critical piece for the Bucks. But that doesn't mean he is valued around the league.

Another team wanting Brook would have to commit to playing a specific type of defense and not care about having switchable players.
The Bucks are really deep and can win without Brook if they switch.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#113 » by Jez2983 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:48 pm

th87 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
th87 wrote:Not sure why load management was necessary with the next game on Sunday, and the following on Wednesday.

Rest at Denver next week.

My gripe with LM is not even so much about the LM itself, but the Bucks aren't always smart about it. I agree with you 100%, you play your guys in these 3 at home and at Utah and then give everyone the night off in Denver. The game after that vs the Pistons, you probably won't have to play the main guys a ton of minutes to win that game, then rest them in first of the B2B against the Pacers and be ready to go hard vs the Celtics and Sixers. Then bam, #1 seed is yours and you have 2 weeks to rest between the Sixers game April 2 and the beginning of the playoffs April 15 or 16.

Now you're probably going to have to sweep one of these next 2 B2B to make up for this game if they want the #1 seed. And that's assuming you still win the games you should win.

I know some will say that Brook tweaked his ankle in the Suns game, but I don't remember this ever happening and Brook finished the game. So that's yet another odd one by the Bucks. The Crowder one tonight was a bit odd too. In the 30+ years I have followed the NBA, I don't think I have ever seen more guys miss games due to injuries that you never seen happen than I have on this Bucks team over the past 2 seasons.

I still get a chuckle at last season when Grayson missed games because he kept catching a non Covid illness once a week for a month straight. I am assuming he was as sick as Giannis was vs Orlando. I could be wrong though, maybe Grayson really did the flu 3 different times in a month. Professional athletes are known to be really unhealthy people.

:lol:

It's truly baffling. Maybe they think they can win these games without everyone on hand, but then why not just activate everyone, but bring them in to close? Or limit their minutes just enough to secure the win?

Maybe the staff tests them and sees muscle-firing weaknesses (or something), and so decides to hold them out based on that?

Paging
Jez2983 wrote:
Do you know?

Sorry for the slow reply, I tend to stay off the board a bit when there's a bad loss lol.

There's not definitive tests you can run to see if they are not performing well, it's generally a call made on a number of factors. They will constantly assess strength and range, look at GPS data and see if a player is at the same level or trending down. If Brook's in game speeds or distances had been trending down and he was demonstrating higher post game discomfort scores that may have triggered a game off. There would be other more complicated statistical analysis too.

Ultimately load management is to maintain high level performance, not just to give the players a rest.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
th87
RealGM
And1: 9,790

Post#114 » by th87 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:32 am

Jez2983 wrote:
th87 wrote:
rilamann wrote:

My gripe with LM is not even so much about the LM itself, but the Bucks aren't always smart about it. I agree with you 100%, you play your guys in these 3 at home and at Utah and then give everyone the night off in Denver. The game after that vs the Pistons, you probably won't have to play the main guys a ton of minutes to win that game, then rest them in first of the B2B against the Pacers and be ready to go hard vs the Celtics and Sixers. Then bam, #1 seed is yours and you have 2 weeks to rest between the Sixers game April 2 and the beginning of the playoffs April 15 or 16.

Now you're probably going to have to sweep one of these next 2 B2B to make up for this game if they want the #1 seed. And that's assuming you still win the games you should win.

I know some will say that Brook tweaked his ankle in the Suns game, but I don't remember this ever happening and Brook finished the game. So that's yet another odd one by the Bucks. The Crowder one tonight was a bit odd too. In the 30+ years I have followed the NBA, I don't think I have ever seen more guys miss games due to injuries that you never seen happen than I have on this Bucks team over the past 2 seasons.

I still get a chuckle at last season when Grayson missed games because he kept catching a non Covid illness once a week for a month straight. I am assuming he was as sick as Giannis was vs Orlando. I could be wrong though, maybe Grayson really did the flu 3 different times in a month. Professional athletes are known to be really unhealthy people.

:lol:

It's truly baffling. Maybe they think they can win these games without everyone on hand, but then why not just activate everyone, but bring them in to close? Or limit their minutes just enough to secure the win?

Maybe the staff tests them and sees muscle-firing weaknesses (or something), and so decides to hold them out based on that?

Paging
Jez2983 wrote:
Do you know?

Sorry for the slow reply, I tend to stay off the board a bit when there's a bad loss lol.

There's not definitive tests you can run to see if they are not performing well, it's generally a call made on a number of factors. They will constantly assess strength and range, look at GPS data and see if a player is at the same level or trending down. If Brook's in game speeds or distances had been trending down and he was demonstrating higher post game discomfort scores that may have triggered a game off. There would be other more complicated statistical analysis too.

Ultimately load management is to maintain high level performance, not just to give the players a rest.

Awesome, this is great insight, thanks! So happy that we're using modern techniques in comparison to the Kohl years.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks