Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1021 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:38 am

jute2003 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Is it possible to impeach a moderator?

Won't make a difference. The Senate is a bunch of knobs that won't vote to convict.
Damn Australians

Let's not let the Greeks off the hook here. If they wouldn't have started this bullshit democracy business we would all still be roving bands of hunters pillaging whatever villages we happened to stumble upon.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,784

Post#1022 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:51 am

We invented it, it's ours, and it's perfectly within our rights to **** it up the ass like we promptly did.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,830

Post#1023 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:08 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Melbourne is supposed to be the coffee capital in AU and yet I struggle to find anything to drink outside. All the popular coffee types that people are (admittedly) good at making are basically 80% milk, and I HATE milk. Filtered coffee is very rarely available, and if you ask for a long black, most places will make it with steam out of the espresso machine instead of hot water. Which is fkn criminal, if you make the mistake of actually drinking that thing you're going straight to hospital with 3rd degree burns.

So basically if I'm out and I want a coffee I have to sit on top of the barista and give him a brief tutorial on how to not murder me.

Never mind iced coffees in the summer, forget it, they are all 80% milk. Once I gave another brief tutorial to a guy close to work on how to make me a Greek Frappe, he did allright, but in the end without any warning he threw a big scoop of ice cream in there. he kinda thought it went without saying. Straight to rubbish, we started over, eventually he got it right.
Next day I got there all happy and it was another barista, and then another one... :waaa:

You need some Vietnamese coffee in your life for Summer. Springvale isn't that far away from you.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#1024 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:40 am

AussieBuck wrote:You need some Vietnamese coffee in your life for Summer. Springvale isn't that far away from you.

Sometimes I ride my bike that way and I always stop for a nice pho, but never occurred to me to try coffee. Will do :D
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#1025 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:48 am

stellation wrote:Forgive me if this is info you already have, but most good coffee shops have snuck an item listed as "batch" without explanation onto their menus over the last few years and this is generally just fancy/well made filter coffee.*

So if i walk into a shop and yell "give me your best batch!" you reckon it will work?
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,971

Post#1026 » by stellation » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:25 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
stellation wrote:Forgive me if this is info you already have, but most good coffee shops have snuck an item listed as "batch" without explanation onto their menus over the last few years and this is generally just fancy/well made filter coffee.*

So if i walk into a shop and yell "give me your best batch!" you reckon it will work?

Absolutely! Either they'll have it and it'll be exactly what you're after, or your barista will be confused and you can read that as "okay, they're not as hip as they think".
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#1027 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:48 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:You need some Vietnamese coffee in your life for Summer. Springvale isn't that far away from you.

Sometimes I ride my bike that way and I always stop for a nice pho, but never occurred to me to try coffee. Will do :D

I reckon Viet and Greek dudes have a lot in common, we should tour Vietnam together, you'd love it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#1028 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:01 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:

I reckon Viet and Greek dudes have a lot in common, we should tour Vietnam together, you'd love it.

yeah I noticed that, other than religion, food, music, external appearance, language, tradition, culture, economy, and sports, we are practically identical! :D
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#1029 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:03 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Sometimes I ride my bike that way and I always stop for a nice pho, but never occurred to me to try coffee. Will do :D

yeah I noticed that, other than religion, food, music, external appearance, language, tradition, culture, economy, and sports, we are practically identical! :D

You'll be surprised
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#1030 » by crkone » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:22 pm

Today I'm enjoying a Burundi cold brew from Vennture in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Milwaukee. The beans are from the Bwayi Washing Station in Matongo, Kayana region of northern Burundi grown at an astonishing 1760 meters above sea level giving it a lemon chocolate and almost cedar like taste. It is a mix of Bourbon, Jackson, and Mibirizi beans.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1031 » by Beorn » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:54 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Sometimes I ride my bike that way and I always stop for a nice pho, but never occurred to me to try coffee. Will do :D

The only vietnamese guy I've ever met was barely reaching up to my hip (I'm 6'3") and could barely eat any european/mediterranean food. I am also sure we are identical :D

Pachinko_ wrote:And yet all I ever drink is American coffee. The thing is, if you drink 10-20 cups a day like me, anything else will make your head explode. Drip filtered coffee is nice and light and still offers a few varieties and blends and preparation methods to suit everybody, just a question of experimenting until you hit your sweet spot.

Only time I switch over is hot summer days when I make my iced blend.

All I can think when I read "american coffee with blends" is this, sorry :D

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#1032 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:34 pm

Great Big Story shuts down today and I'm sad about it.

It has a pretty big following so I feel like someone should pick it up to fund at least a portion of what they've previously done. I would imagine 6M YT followers and pretty regular 200k+ views should offer a bit of income. But, doesn't always work out that way.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1033 » by Jez2983 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:24 am

trwi7 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Coffee of all types sucks.
Is it possible to impeach a moderator?

Won't make a difference. The Senate is a bunch of knobs that won't vote to convict.

Whenever I see you write things like knob or wanker I'm so proud.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#1034 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:33 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Is it possible to impeach a moderator?

Whenever I see you write things like knob or wanker I'm so proud.

Knob, wanker, twatchops. They're all perfectly cromulent.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#1035 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:40 pm

My Sunday Scaries have been out of control this school year (teacher) so far. It's feels like I have an endless list of things to do and I always tell myself I'll sit down on Sunday and try to knock some of it out. And then Sunday comes around and it's like I'm paralyzed from getting anything done. I'm not able to work on anything but I'm also not able to do anything fun either because it's supposed to be work time so I end up just browsing the Internet and watching football the entire day feeling absolutely miserable.

I remember feeling this way as a kid with school and homework and somehow my dumbass went into a career in education. Do you guys in other professions feel this way?
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#1036 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:53 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:My Sunday Scaries have been out of control this school year (teacher) so far. It's feels like I have an endless list of things to do and I always tell myself I'll sit down on Sunday and try to knock some of it out. And then Sunday comes around and it's like I'm paralyzed from getting anything done. I'm not able to work on anything but I'm also not able to do anything fun either because it's supposed to be work time so I end up just browsing the Internet and watching football the entire day feeling absolutely miserable.

I remember feeling this way as a kid with school and homework and somehow my dumbass went into a career in education. Do you guys in other professions feel this way?

Fk yeah, of course.
My absolute paralysis inducing task is anything to do with paperwork/bureaucracy. I can (and have) postponed for years doing things like applying for my daughter's Greek passport, find and scan my university degree, chase and transfer pension savings withheld from my salary in different countries I've worked in etc.

The other biggie is doctors. I have actually checked a mole 15 years after it appeared
The diagnosis, predictably, was "well dude if you've had it for 15 years and you're still alive it's probably not cancer" LOL
Not going to doctors is probably what I'm gonna die from.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,781

Post#1037 » by chonestown » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:27 pm

This one goes out to HuRef and any other of the boxing heads out here on this thread. The below, held on Saturday, probably ends up being fight of the year. Anyone with 15 minutes to spare and an appetite for watching gloved humans club each other with no regard for their own safety is advised to view this.

Loma-Lopez in less than two weeks, too. Get hyped.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#1038 » by jschligs » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:33 pm

Alright coffee/espresso drinkers, I need some help. I HATE coffee, but have recently started using our Nespresso at home and making some nice Cappricio/other flavored espressos. I usually add a dash of oat milk or something. And I enjoy it.

However, I've now twice ordered the same thing from Starbucks, shot of espresso with a dash of the oat milk, and it comes ice cold. Is that normal? Do I have to order a "hot" espresso? What am I doing wrong?
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1039 » by jute2003 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 1:33 am

jschligs wrote:Alright coffee/espresso drinkers, I need some help. I HATE coffee, but have recently started using our Nespresso at home and making some nice Cappricio/other flavored espressos. I usually add a dash of oat milk or something. And I enjoy it.

However, I've now twice ordered the same thing from Starbucks, shot of espresso with a dash of the oat milk, and it comes ice cold. Is that normal? Do I have to order a "hot" espresso? What am I doing wrong?
They are putting cold oat milk in a shot of espresso that probably isn't super hot to begin with.
only a fan, only an opinion
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,213

Post#1040 » by midranger » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:08 am

Coconut milk latte at Starbucks is legit
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks