ImageImage

ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#1041 » by Turd Ferguson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Was Rondo the only one suspended from that debacle?
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie

Post#1042 » by Turd Ferguson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 pm

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/okc_ass ... ef:nbahpts

Lamb to the D-League.

What are the odds of a three-team deal that involves us shipping an Ellis-something package to get Lamb in return? Throw in Udoh/Sanders, Moute, whoever. Take back a bad expiring. OKC's got plenty of decent first round picks in the coming years from Houston, so I don't see them necessarily looking to get a first rounder in return. Or take on Monta.

But a third team might facilitate things...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,425

Post#1043 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/okc_assigns_jeremy_lamb_2012_11_29.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Lamb to the D-League.

What are the odds of a three-team deal that involves us shipping an Ellis-something package to get Lamb in return? Throw in Udoh/Sanders, Moute, whoever. Take back a bad expiring. OKC's got plenty of decent first round picks in the coming years from Houston, so I don't see them necessarily looking to get a first rounder in return. Or take on Monta.

But a third team might facilitate things...

I don't think they've given up on him. There simply isn't any minutes at the two for him to play.

I still think he is going to be one of the best players from the draft.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,972

Post#1044 » by stellation » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Max Green wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Poppovich sitting his Big 3 plus Danny Green against the Heat tonight. Interesting & strange this early in the season.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnatio ... ree-green/

Wow, I see why Pop is sitting them. They are about to play their 12th road game of the Month. Compare that to us and we have only played 13 games so far this season.

Yeah, that's a crazy schedule. I don't really blame him, plus it gives him a chance to play his crazy Pop mind games which is always awesome!
#FreeChuckDiesel
Turd Ferguson
Rookie

Post#1045 » by Turd Ferguson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 pm

And I realize they probably fully intend to actually develop him there, rather than just relegating him to the D-League like other teams might, but if he's not really lighting things up there (not likely, considering his jumper), they might be willing to part ways with him and possibly get someone like Udoh to secure up their defensive frontcourt off the bench (assuming they don't have much faith in Thabeet's ability going forward).
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#1046 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't think they've given up on him. There simply isn't any minutes at the two for him to play.

I still think he is going to be one of the best players from the draft.

This. They have Thabo, by far their best perimeter defender, then Martin, one of the most efficient scorers in the league. I'd easily trade for Lamb if we could get it done somehow. Just don't see any fit for Ellis on that roster though.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#1047 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:25 pm

LUKE23 wrote:It's hip to call him a douche because he is. It's been evident for years.

Probably the biggest douche in the NBA
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,838

Post#1048 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Home from work, watched play again, don't think the trip was intentional - they got tangled up in each other during the incident, so not sure where Y! was going with that one. Certainly don't take back that KG is a douche, though. I loathe him.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#1049 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

The Heat were -6.5, I thought about betting on the Spurs to cover then the news came out that the Big 3 plus Green were sitting and the line went to -11.5 and I bet on the Heat.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,449

Post#1050 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 am

Stern's going to hammer Pop and the Spurs for sending Manu, Tim, Parker and Green home before the long road trip is up. What complete **** bull****.

He did it 3 times last year and heard nothing. Nationally televised game tonight? Different story.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,442

Post#1051 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 am

I'm ok with the fines. You can't take all the stars of your team off the court and simply say "four games in five nights and they are tired".

The Rolling Stones can't tell Keith Richards, Jagger and Ronnie Wood to take the night off while the session players fill in. People pay a lot of money to attend and televise these games.

I can't define obscenity in a firm rule for situations like this but know it when I see it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man
And1: 50

Post#1052 » by Shinyhubcaps » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:01 am

This commentary on TNT is physically painful.
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man

Post#1053 » by Shinyhubcaps » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:06 am

DrugBust wrote:Stern's going to hammer Pop and the Spurs for sending Manu, Tim, Parker and Green home before the long road trip is up. What complete **** bull****.

He did it 3 times last year and heard nothing. Nationally televised game tonight? Different story.

I agree. There is no precedent for this. Why not give players a night off? Does Roger Goodell fine NFL teams in Week 17 for sitting their starters? Try telling us now that there's no star treatment in the NBA. I'm sure guys like Dwyane Wade take an extra game or two to get back from injury, why not factor in a game as rest?

Players' union should be all over this.

What's more is that this game is competitive without them! What if the Spurs win in a thriller without their stars?
jtcooky
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#1054 » by jtcooky » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:06 am

Shinyhubcaps wrote:This commentary on TNT is physically painful.

Better than Jim and Jon though lol

If it was Shaq instead of Chuck that'd be a different story
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1055 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm ok with the fines. You can't take all the stars of your team off the court and simply say "four games in five nights and they are tired".

The Rolling Stones can't tell Keith Richards, Jagger and Ronnie Wood to take the night off while the session players fill in. People pay a lot of money to attend and televise these games.

I can't define obscenity in a firm rule for situations like this but know it when I see it.

That's ridiculous. Pop isn't paid to entertain the fans, he's supposed to have the best interest of his team in mind. If that means giving his players a night off when needed then that's his responsibility.

Like I said, he's done this in the past. It wasn't until it affected advertisers that it became an issue. This has nothing to do with sport or the fans.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,072

Post#1056 » by BUCKnation » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 am

DNP-Old?
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,910

Post#1057 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:23 am

In sports it's buyer beware. I already thought Pop was the greatest coach in the history of sports but somehow this elevates him even more in my eyes, and that's saying something.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1058 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:26 am

BUCKnation wrote:DNP-Old?

Loved it.

Also a big fan of "DNP: FU like symptoms".
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#1059 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 am

I have no problem with what Pop did. He did it on national TV intentionally to protest the joke of a schedule SAS received. I doubt he gives a **** about the fines either. This also impacts nothing in the grand scheme of things, Miami is winning the East by 10+ games.

But most of all, I love anyone that opposes Stern. He's the biggest joke of a commissioner ever.
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man

Post#1060 » by Shinyhubcaps » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 am

While he's at it, Stern should fine about 15 other teams for also not playing star players (because they don't have any) in this ridiculous star-driven NBA he's created.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks