2021 NBA Draft - Spoilers OK

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Re: 2021 NBA Draft - Spoilers OK 

Post#1141 » by FrieAaron » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:11 pm

machu46 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Which are the other 2 future 2nd Round picks we got ?
Anywhere ? Anyone ?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we actually traded it for 5 total second round picks?

Edit: Nm, misread it.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#1142 » by drew881 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:35 pm

For the people who wanted two picks, I think you need to adjust your expectations on us being a championship team that needs to reload with some vets.

At the same time, just picking one guy at 31 would have been nice, which we could have done if we weren’t saddled with Larry Sanders and freaking John Leur contracts.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#1143 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Pretty clear that Horst had way more interest in getting future draft capital to potentially use in trades for proven players than actually making a pick in the 30's last night. It was probably good for people to have something to complain about, a return to normalcy around here. :lol:

Crazy to want a talented young player in a deep draft right. What's wrong with us. We need more Jeff Teagues and Mirotics.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,180

Post#1144 » by midranger » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 pm

drew881 wrote:For the people who wanted two picks, I think you need to adjust your expectations on us being a championship team that needs to reload with some vets.

At the same time, just picking one guy at 31 would have been nice, which we could have done if we weren’t saddled with Larry Sanders and freaking John Leur contracts.

I don’t understand this. We need rotation players, regardless of where they come from. 31 costs less than a vet minimum guy; far less with the tax penalty. 31 also would have stood a pretty good chance of being better than a vet min guy like teague (last year) as a rookie. Probably could have found at least one rotation guy between 34 and 36, potentially two.

We need to stop saying high second round picks are worthless. Map our draft picks since 2000 and subtract Giannis. We’ve almost certainly done better in the second round round than first. Despite having #1 and #2 overall picks.

We’ve had 3 all stars this century. 2 were drafted in the second round.

That said, you can’t trade into the 50s and expect anything.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#1145 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:53 pm

midranger wrote:
drew881 wrote:For the people who wanted two picks, I think you need to adjust your expectations on us being a championship team that needs to reload with some vets.

I don’t understand this. We need rotation players, regardless of where they come from. 31 costs less than a vet minimum guy; far less with the tax penalty. 31 also would have stood a pretty good chance of being better than a vet min guy like teague (last year) as a rookie. Probably could have found at least one rotation guy between 34 and 36, potentially two.

We need to stop saying high second round picks are worthless. Map our draft picks since 2000 and subtract Giannis. We’ve almost certainly done better in the second round round than first. Despite having #1 and #2 overall picks.

no thats not rational you're just complaining to complain. CoMe oN. :o
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,979

Post#1146 » by emunney » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Brooklyn picked 5 guys shrug shrug shrug
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#1147 » by drew881 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:36 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
midranger wrote:

no thats not rational you're just complaining to complain. CoMe oN. :o

For every second round Middleton there are 100 Damien Englises. I don’t agree that 31 plays at Jeff Teague levels in the finals, even if Jeff Teague admits he was the weak link on the group project.

I do think we want the opportunity to role the dice though at least once, but they aren’t going to be relied on in the first year. Let’s see how much McBride, Wieskamp, Ayo, etc. play their first year.

These guys at 54 and 60 are more scratch off lottery tickets that you give as a gift to a friend.

I’ll judge more next week when I see what we do spend our money on.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks