ImageImage

Giannis SIGNS

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Re: Giannis SIGNS 

Post#1141 » by Swan Vox » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:16 pm

You know who Giannis reminds me of recently? A 7ft Thannasis. Just all energy, barreling into people without a plan. The difference between him and LeBron was staggering the other night. Someone needs to lock him in a room with Jrue and teach the kid patience, how to change speeds and when to hit the gas / brakes. In short he needs a focus on pace and fundamentals. My goodness, if you combined his athleticism with Duncan’s fundamental soundness, you’d have the perfect basketball player. I agree with everyone saying he should be working on his post game. Give me more Hakeem shake and less Westbrook.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,294

Post#1142 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:15 pm

Swan Vox wrote:My goodness, if you combined his athleticism with Duncan’s fundamental soundness, you’d have the perfect basketball player.

Problem is, you could say that about a lot of players. People were hoping Westbrook would become smarter and learn to shoot, but at some point the player is what he is. I think people need to appreciate Giannis for who he is. And focus less on who he might never become. He is still undoubtedly a top-5 player.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#1143 » by Swan Vox » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:My goodness, if you combined his athleticism with Duncan’s fundamental soundness, you’d have the perfect basketball player.

Problem is, you could say that about a lot of players. People were hoping Westbrook would become smarter and learn to shoot, but at some point the player is what he is. I think people need to appreciate Giannis for who he is. And focus less on who he might never become. He is still undoubtedly a top-5 player.

Fair enough, but the player he is right now isn’t getting done. We can argue whether it’s on Bud or Giannis to make adjustments, but slight tweaks, just in mindset alone, might be enough to get him over the hump. Just watching LeBron the other night, one player was in control of the game, the other just trying to force things. If we want Giannis to be a 1a championship level player, he has to grow his game somehow.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,953

Post#1144 » by Fotis St » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Swan Vox wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

Fair enough, but the player he is right now isn’t getting done. We can argue whether it’s on Bud or Giannis to make adjustments, but slight tweaks, just in mindset alone, might be enough to get him over the hump. Just watching LeBron the other night, one player was in control of the game, the other just trying to force things. If we want Giannis to be a 1a championship level player, he has to grow his game somehow.

Shaquile O'Neal post game said that it is Bud's fault , the same some people say here. He said that Giannis on top of the key is hacked and washed and that it is Bud job to set him up somewhere else to succeed. Giannis will play as his coach tells him to play.

Charles Barkley said that our offense sucks and both and he would like to see more Giannis at the post and developing some post moves.

The only one who is stubborn enough to not realise is Bud . Giannis is getting older, he won't become a better athlete than he already is, Giannis should have picked his game right now, but for 7 straight years he has been told to attack the rim like mad and finish or kick it.

12-14 coaches in the bench .... the **** are they doing ? They watch stats and advice ...

I am turning to a point that I have been fooled ... I tend to believe that we are just a stat padding team . Nothing else.... Regular Season numbers so we can show off.
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,121

Post#1145 » by giannis and 1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:56 am

"I'm getting old and weird" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Protect him at all costs
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Cythaps
Senior
And1: 414

Post#1146 » by Cythaps » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:47 am

The Giannis Sweepstakes Curse?

The frontrunners were :

Miami (atm 6-12, last year NBA Finalists)
Toronto (atm 7-11, last year 2nd NBA seed)
Dallas (atm 8-10, last year 43-32)

Tell me again that Giannis should have signed on the first day possible instead of when he signed.

(Joking btw).
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,953

Post#1147 » by Fotis St » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:38 pm

Cythaps wrote:The Giannis Sweepstakes Curse?

The frontrunners were :

Tell me again that Giannis should have signed on the first day possible instead of when he signed.

(Joking btw).

He shouldn't have signed at all , but whispered that he will in summer. Many teams would put their trade scheme on hold till summer for Giannis , even contenders. It would hold them from investing this year so it would be good for the Bucks. Giannis is nowhere near Lebron at that level of understanding his own power and how to use it for the benefit of his own and his team. I believe he doesn't want at all to play in that "field" , he is focused on pure basketball but ... I think it would help him win a championship by starting to control those things.
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,087

Post#1148 » by emunney » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:17 pm

Fotis St wrote:

The frontrunners were :

(Joking btw).

He shouldn't have signed at all , but whispered that he will in summer. Many teams would put their trade scheme on hold till summer for Giannis , even contenders. It would hold them from investing this year so it would be good for the Bucks. Giannis is nowhere near Lebron at that level of understanding his own power and how to use it for the benefit of his own and his team. I believe he doesn't want at all to play in that "field" , he is focused on pure basketball but ... I think it would help him win a championship by starting to control those things.

This mentality extends to the court, too, in how reluctant he is to sell fouls, etc. He wants to destroy everyone straight up, no funny business. I think he even feels a little dirty when he head fakes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,121

Post#1149 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 pm

emunney wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

The frontrunners were :

(Joking btw).

This mentality extends to the court, too, in how reluctant he is to sell fouls, etc. He wants to destroy everyone straight up, no funny business. I think he even feels a little dirty when he head fakes.

He plays the game with so much integrity. I love every aspect about him, and he is the primary reason why I fell in love with this sport in such a short amount of time.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#1150 » by HKPackFan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 am

8 games into February Giannis is at 76.5% on his free throws.

I'm not sure if 8 games is enough sample size, but it's a good trend.
#FreeChuckDiesel
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#1151 » by truly » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 am

HKPackFan wrote:8 games into February Giannis is at 76.5% on his free throws.

What's his % since he started taking longer to shoot them?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#1152 » by HKPackFan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:44 am

truly wrote:

I'm not sure, I just noticed they got better a during the road trip so I checked feb splits.
#FreeChuckDiesel
truly
Starter

Post#1153 » by truly » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:33 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
truly wrote:

I'm not sure, I just noticed they got better a during the road trip so I checked feb splits.

Do you remember the game he changed his routine to the longer one? Anyone?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,927

Post#1154 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:27 am

You guys did the thing
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1155 » by Jez2983 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:12 am

blazza18 wrote:You guys did the thing

Booooo!
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
truly
Starter

Post#1156 » by truly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:27 pm

blazza18 wrote:You guys did the thing

No we didn't.Stop the slander. :)
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#1157 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#1158 » by drdrG » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:53 pm

Swan Vox wrote:You know who Giannis reminds me of recently? A 7ft Thannasis. Just all energy, barreling into people without a plan. The difference between him and LeBron was staggering the other night. Someone needs to lock him in a room with Jrue and teach the kid patience, how to change speeds and when to hit the gas / brakes. In short he needs a focus on pace and fundamentals. My goodness, if you combined his athleticism with Duncan’s fundamental soundness, you’d have the perfect basketball player. I agree with everyone saying he should be working on his post game. Give me more Hakeem shake and less Westbrook.

How are you feeling about the progress Giannis has shown over the last 6 weeks? Still has a ways to go but there have been many more periods of control and patience to my eye
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,037

Post#1159 » by Prez » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:27 pm

He’s back to being the best regular season player in the world the past month. What’s great is this time the way he’s doing it is more translatable to the playoffs. Gotta wait and see though.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#1160 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:41 pm

He looks so much more confident. He’s letting things come to him. Still cringe at the 3pt attempts, but he’s only taking a few a game so I can’t even complain much about that.

I really think his entire game hinges on his confidence. As that evolves do does his decision making and BBIQ. I don’t think it’s coincidence that his FT shooting looks better as well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks