ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#121 » by bango_the_buck » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 pm

wichmae wrote:Ok, there as of right now looks to be a trade about done and no it doesnt involve Bogut or Yi.

Expect right now there will be a draft night deal of some sort.

Can you give us a direction? Like up, down, or out?
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,835

Post#122 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm

wichmae wrote:Ok, there as of right now looks to be a trade about done and no it doesnt involve Bogut or Yi.

How about Mike? :D
Go Bucks!
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#123 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:30 pm

DannoMac20 wrote:Thanks for posting CBQ. I also found this interesting...

Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons.

But there are stumbling blocks to each deal. The Mavs might not want to send Howard to a rival team. Detroit president Joe Dumars is probably not interested in Diaw. The Nets need contracts that expire by 2010. And it's unclear whether the Suns would be willing to take back Wallace's contract.

Hmm well that made me try and think of a way to send the Nets Bobby Simmons. Heres an Idea

Milwaukee sends
Bobby Simmons
CV

Milwaukee Receives
Eddie Jones
Josh Howard

New Jersey Sends
Richard Jefferson

New Jersey Recieves
Bobby Simmons
CV

Dallas Sends
Eddie Jones
Josh Howard

Dallas Recieves
Richard Jefferson

We do it because we get rid of Simmons and add Howard. We still would have Mo Williams to trade for something. (In this case I think Haslem would be perfect if we could pull it off)

New Jersey does it because They get Simmons who expires a year earlier (and by 2010 which is what theyre looking for), they also get CV who has local appeal and they would get to try him out before committing to him longer term. He also would likely have good team chemistry with Josh Boone and Marcus Williams. (No im not using the stupid oh they went to the same school so they must be friends idiocy some subscribe to. Im saying all three guys won the national championship together so im sure they can play well together)

Dallas im not sure about. It really depends how much they like Jefferson and how much they want to get rid of Josh Howard. Also if theyre interested in someone who would be there at 8. (Eddie Jones is included in the deal to make salaries work)

This trade would have to wait until after the draft (but arranged beforehand obviously) because of Josh Howards current BYC status.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#124 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:

Can you give us a direction? Like up, down, or out?

Take your pick from some combo of these three things
Mo
CV

All three are more than likely to be traded for sure. Probably not all together, but Id bet whatever deal wichmae is talking about involves the draft pick and at least one of those guys.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#125 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:34 pm

I give what i am allowed to give. I had to wait when i broke out the Skiles, Weltman hirings. I also had to wait on a couple other things that I announced (Knicks/Clippers coveting Redd). I can only say so much and ambiguity is key at this point. There are more than a few deals being discussed at this point and one specifically that looks very attractive...

I cannot divulge much more than I have. Expect moves done rapidly before training camp so Skiles has his roster just about set to install his schemes.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,283

Post#126 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Well just answer this then since you can't give anything else:

is this deal basically a done deal, or is it just one that is on the table and attractive for the Bucks?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#127 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Well just answer this then since you can't give anything else:

is this deal basically a done deal, or is it just one that is on the table and attractive for the Bucks?

Nothing is a done deal until its submitted to the league office. Then again after that there can be addendum's i.e. the Korver to Utah deal..
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#128 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:38 pm

wichmae wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Well just answer this then since you can't give anything else:

Nothing is a done deal until its submitted to the league office. Then again after that there can be addendum's i.e. the Korver to Utah deal..

I realize that, I'm just asking if this is a deal the Bucks are going to do once they can make it official, or is it just one that is on the table and they are considering?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,131

Post#129 » by emunney » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 pm

According to the info you have, what's the % likelihood this deal goes down? Also, is it possible for the deal to become official on draft night?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#130 » by europa » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks for the info wichmae. Can you tell us if it's along the lines of deals currently being reported? I understand the position you're in so if you can't say that's cool.
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM

Post#131 » by europa » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:42 pm

MFScho wrote:

How about Mike? :D

How about: "Will anyone the Bucks are going to trade thank God when first interviewed after the deal occurs?"

That could be anybody.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#132 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 pm

As of right now it is looking like the best deal on the table.

Take that for what you wish.

If something better comes along I wouldnt doubt that we dont go that route, but as of now this is looking pretty solid. It also depends on the trigger with the other teams management as well. It takes two to tango and they could eventually get more value with their package if a team somehow gets desperate. I will say though expect flurry's of moves to have everything set going into training camp. The way timing works with the deals on the table makes some more realistic than others. Mo is still BYC until after the moratorium so it makes anything involving him difficult if they even decide to go that route.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#133 » by jerrod » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 pm

the question is,

wichmae, are you happy with the deal?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#134 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Im happy with anything that improves our basketball team. I trust everything Hammond does and the mindset he is instilling.

on a side note its looking like Ersan will be back
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer

Post#135 » by bango_the_buck » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Take your pick from some combo of these three things
Mo
CV

All three are more than likely to be traded for sure. Probably not all together, but Id bet whatever deal wichmae is talking about involves the draft pick and at least one of those guys.

Well, scratch Mo from your list, Kohl Is A Mome. :D
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#136 » by oshmeehan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm

wichmae wrote:Im happy with anything that improves our basketball team. I trust everything Hammond does and the mindset he is instilling.

on a side note its looking like Ersan will be back

Are you assuming that because of the Q&A on the Bucks website with Ersan and because he's in Milwaukee working out now, or do you know a bit more than that?? Thanks!
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#137 » by jerrod » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 pm

i've decided to believe that it's the pick and cv for 3, anyone care to join me?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#138 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:53 pm

jerrod wrote:i've decided to believe that it's the pick and cv for 3, anyone care to join me?

If I had to throw money down on one trade at this second, that is the one that I would. It's not Mo (because of his BYC status), Yi, or Bogut, so that means it's Redd or CV. Please McHale be this dumb.
europa
RealGM

Post#139 » by europa » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:55 pm

jerrod wrote:i've decided to believe that it's the pick and cv for 3, anyone care to join me?

That's where my money is going too.

Second place involves a deal of some kind with the Blazers swapping 8 for 13 with others involved.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer

Post#140 » by bango_the_buck » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:55 pm

:wave:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks