ImageImage

New Signing - Could be Chris Andersen

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,283

Re: New Signing 

Post#121 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:04 pm

he was drafted after 1 year as an athletic freak in college, the bucks knew what they were getting. the fact that he's probably coming back to the nba now shows that he just had to develop and we all know how great the bucks are at helping players with that

He was given two seasons and he showed absolutely nothing in that span, while making some absolutely boneheaded plays that made your jaw drop.

And while I'm sure his game has improved in Europe, and by all accounts it has, that doesn't mean he's anything more than a fringe rotation player at best in the NBA, or that he would help us win games.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#122 » by BobbyLight » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:04 pm

Well if someone said it already than my guess is that it's Swift. If that's the case I am OK with that. He isn't the most intelligent player, but there are times where his energy and athleticism can change a game with highlight real dunks, rebounding and shot blocking. And when he is having a night where he won't be an impact, I am sure Skiles has no problem sitting him.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,799

Post#123 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:10 pm

I'm gonna guess Kwame, but I'm gonna hope that they end up signing no one so I can get an EPIC Adam post.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#124 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:10 pm

BobbyLight wrote:Well if someone said it already than my guess is that it's Swift. If that's the case I am OK with that. He isn't the most intelligent player, but there are times where his energy and athleticism can change a game with highlight real dunks, rebounding and shot blocking. And when he is having a night where he won't be an impact, I am sure Skiles has no problem sitting him.

Yeah, I think Stro can contribute without an ego since he's bounced around so much he should be happy to be in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it's only a one year deal, shouldn't be more than two though.

Small chance I think it's Kwame, but I think Hammond wants someone with real NBA experience and thats not really anyone other than Stro or Kwame.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,705

Post#125 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:16 pm

WILL YOU GUYS STOP SAYING STROMILE SWIFT? He is not a free agent of any type.

Turiaf just signed with GS.

CBQ saying he was mentioned very early knocks off guys like Matt Barnes, Kwame Brown, Biedrins.

It can't be guys like Okafor, Brand or Josh Smith.

Anything we sign Landry to Houston will match and probably the same thing with Minnesota/Craig Smith.

So with all the hints, I will guess Chris Anderson. Plus it feeds right into my observation we are building up an all white front court for the most part.

And someone said isn't Wichmae the same guy who said we were doing this and that. No he gave a hint we were looking into make a trade before the draft, I do not believe he said what the trade was. Someone came out and said that it was the trade he talked about. He never confirmed it from what I know.

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Actually I hear things all the time from various places and rarely post any of it.. so if the comment about "getting attention" from posting clues to something imminent was directed at me (since I am the person who originally was discussing this wichmae) then I would say that's inaccurate.

I don't typically post what I have heard at all.

Yep, I realized that is the best thing to do now. It just sucks because I love knowing this stuff ahead of time. Nothing better than walking into work and giving information on something that does not happen for a week or so.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,919

Post#126 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:19 pm

Whoever said Hammond wouldn't sign Birdman because of his past drug use is dead wrong. He would not hesitate to sign him if he thought it would make the Bucks better. Think about it. Hammond was assistant gm for the Pistons when they got their championship by trading for Rasheed Wallace. That white spot on 'Sheed's head is a THC patch - keeps him groovin' all game long.

And because they got Wallace, Dumars (and by extension Hammond) are known for bringing another championship to Detroit, whereas if not for that they would probably be best remembered for drafting Darko ahead of Melo, Bosh, and Wade.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#127 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:20 pm

i was thinking haislip was here for 3 years and was waived before his last year. my opinion is that he wasn't given a good enough shot.

i'm fine with kwame, but he hadn't been mentioned early like either wichmae or cbq said the person was, i also don't think of him as really athletic
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,351

Post#128 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:23 pm

jerrod wrote:i was thinking haislip was here for 3 years and was waived before his last year. my opinion is that he wasn't given a good enough shot.

i'm fine with kwame, but he hadn't been mentioned early like either wichmae or cbq said the person was, i also don't think of him as really athletic

Haislip was brutally horrible. After we gave him the boot he was picked up by Indy after they lost some of their guys to suspension (the Detroit brawl). And even though they were desperate for bodies, they gave him the boot after just 9 games.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#129 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:25 pm

No idea who the signing is, but I do know Marcus Haislip was working out at the Cousins center within the last month or so. Charlotte and Indiana also have some interest in him.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#130 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:26 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Haislip was brutally horrible. After we gave him the boot he was picked up by Indy after they lost some of their guys to suspension (the Detroit brawl). And even though they were desperate for bodies, they gave him the boot after just 9 games.

stop living in the past man, the future is here 8-)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#131 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:28 pm

Signing Haislip would suck the excitement out of the Jefferson/Alexander moves.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#132 » by Newz » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:28 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I'm gonna guess Kwame, but I'm gonna hope that they end up signing no one so I can get an EPIC Adam post.

Agreed, Adam ripping on people with "inside sources" is the best part about this forum. :lol:
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#133 » by Cold Crush 24 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:32 pm

The mystery signing is Szymon Szewczyk!
Finals in 2017
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#134 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:34 pm

LukePliska wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I'm gonna guess Kwame, but I'm gonna hope that they end up signing no one so I can get an EPIC Adam post.

Agreed, Adam ripping on people with "inside sources" is the best part about this forum. :lol:

I'm the only one who can play that role because I'm the only one without inside sources.

Does Kwame count as someone "very athletic" though? If it's Haislip or Birdman, wichmae gets a gold star, but not if it's Kwame.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,305

Post#135 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:36 pm

LUKE23 wrote:People need to remember that while Haislip has a 60 inch vertical, can bench 3,450 pounds 15 times, run the 40 yard dash in 2.3 seconds, he still doesn't actually know how to play basketball.

Not exactly true anymore, apparently.
I commented on this in the latest Haislip thread (it was locked because we've had at least one other Haislip thread recently or something)
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#136 » by Bernman » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:38 pm

If CBQ inquired about this particular player to wichmae, it's gotta be Alexander Johnson. Half her posts are about the guy.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,705

Post#137 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:40 pm

Bernman wrote:If CBQ inquired about this particular player to wichmae, it's gotta be Alexander Johnson. Half her posts are about the guy.

He was not mentioned early in the thread to which she pointed out.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#138 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:52 pm

My bad, I thought Stro was a UFA. Guess not.

OK, Birdman. Final answer.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#139 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:53 pm

it's either birdman or haislip

and if haislip really was working out at the cousins center recently, doesn't that seal it?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#140 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:55 pm

jerrod wrote:it's either birdman or haislip

Bleh. Dumb & Dumber.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks